Author Topic: Episode 51 Posted  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
Episode 51 Posted
« on: May 11, 2006, 09:11:52 am »
Gaming Steve Episode 51 - 05.10.2006

E3 Expo 2006 Day 1In this very special episode of Gaming Steve I am reporting to you directly from the E3 Expo show floor and today I share the mic with my co-host from the GDC conference. Christopher Grant from Joystiq sits down with me to discuss day one of E3. So sit back and enjoy myself and Chris chatting about all things E3.

Gaming Steve Episode 51 Program

* E3 2006 Day 1 Recap
          o Chris and I discuss the Nintendo keynote and what it's like to use the Wii controller.
          o Review of the Microsoft keynote and their surprising announcements.
          o Chris gives the Sony keynote an "F" and what about that crazy PS3 pricing?
          o General thoughts about the upcoming console wars and how they're going to play out.

Download the show (59 minutes): Gaming Steve Episode 51 (MP3).

Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3).
Add the Gaming Steve Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
Vote for Gaming Steve on Podcast Alley.

Offline mini.boss

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 51 Posted
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:00:11 am »
Great show. Im always looking for impressions from people who actually tried the hardware rather than the typical armchair reviewers. I have a few questions that would be great to have elaborated on for the next show:

-Steve obviously likes the Wiimote on those demos, but i'd love to hear his opinion on what he thinks about longer gaming sessions. Like, is an extended session of Metroid or Madden really going to be as compelling on the 2nd hour?

-Does Nintendo's theory that they aren't in competition really hold true? It just seems like the same marketing excusse they did with the DS being the "3rd pillar" when it was always a legitimate competitor from the start The Wii looks to be using the same strategy by saying it's not competing but after seeing things in motion and reading thoughts of people who've actually played then the "new way to play" theory looks like it has some holes. It may be a new way to play, but its still the same old games so its not as easy to classify the Wii in its own catagory.

-Maybe steve can elaborate a little on exactly on why the expansion from Live to PC to phones is such a big deal? I just don't get its importance.

Anyway, great show. I can't wait for the next one. Hopefully he tries some DS games because those are the ones that really caught my attention.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 01:21:03 pm »
Hey Steve! Where were you when you recorded this? The hallway of a million angry doors?

;)

Kidding!

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:22:40 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline pablo

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 03:49:05 pm »
They joystiq guy came off as somewhat aloof/negative/condescending.  To dismiss a major MS announcement b/c he uses a Mac is pretty lame.

Steve - as always, you did a great job. I just wish you weren't relegated to 30% of the podcast because your guest was a tad overbearing....

Looking forward to #52!!!!!!!!

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 10:16:56 pm »
The only comments I see on the main page, are from people complaining about fanboys and eachother :-\

Great show Steve (as always), although I am not really interested in consoles.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Svanire

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 06:23:42 am »
Why is there so much mac pride and seemingly superiority because they use something differnt? I'm a PCer but you dont see me flaunting it and dancing about how much MS owns and how macs alledgly suck and write off any products that do not relate to personal choice. Then whine about how all games are for PC.

/rant

On the podcast, I'd like some more PC games info, consoles arent my cup of tea but I can see how it would be hard to start discussing PC games with antichristMS guy there.