Author Topic: Opinions on Sporepedia  (Read 24364 times)

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Sporepedia
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 11:00:46 pm »
Well When ever (in Sim city 3000 etc) I got messages,I could not be bothered to read all the wrighting.

:P

LOL,what did I do  :-\.

You inadvertedly made a pun.  ;D
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 11:02:27 pm »
i think they should have both the card system and a normal encyclopedia

As I sead in my other post.It has been comfermed that you can catalog everything.You will have the cards and also a more "in depth" view of infomation.

EDIT:
You inadvertedly made a pun.  Grin

A pun........WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT  :D
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 11:18:52 pm »
it's a freudian slip. will wright was on your mind as you typed writing. the two words congealed into wrighting.
punish, sure.
interesting alteration, you bet.

Offline Megajames75

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 11:21:23 pm »
I guss the cards have a picture and then a link to download the item, and a text box.
My sporepedia page:

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Cold-Fire

I have over 50 creatures, I only upload my best so each of these should be good. All my creatures work ingame, and are beliveable.

Please take a look at my sporecast of the Flob species:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012834975

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 11:25:50 pm »
Unless you're talking about a similar system outside of the game, it would be redundant to download since if you have the card, you scanned that item.
Virus Buster.

Offline Vib Rib

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Multiple Horrible People
    • View Profile
    • RagTag
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 11:31:15 pm »
I ****ing LOVE IT.

I have something just short of clinically-admissable (or more extreme) Obsessive-Compulsive disorder -- enough for it to be a personality trait but not an actual mental condition.
I hoard. In video games, it's what I do. Take Oblivion: I pick up every last nice-looking or unique item I can find or steal and put it on display in my houses. I spent like half an hour actually putting up displays moving objects in-game with the dragging physics, on shelves, on chests, on tables... I even put a plate down and positioned food over it.
I hoard. In ANY game that will let me, I play packrat. And I play it to the Nth degree.

This allows me everything I'd want: Nifty, easily-accessible, aesthetically-pleasing references AND the ability to 'collect' anything and everything I want, and then some. Filing and sorting it under both category and hierarchy makes it that much better.

Any game that lets me collect, I collect. Spore lets me collect like a bat out of hell. And so I will.

By God, I Will.
I'm ruler of this moon, boy.
So if you move, I shoots.

Offline Zuul

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Touch fuzzy, get clubbed to death.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 11:34:24 pm »
I think the card idea is cool, but I also agree with you that I really want to be able to add my own notation to planets/stars/creatures in my Sporepedia. The galaxy has been mentioned by multiple sources to be huge, around half a million stars and two million planets in all. When you add in the diverse life on the planets that have a biosphere, cards alone just won't do it.
Next 5 exits: The Edge of the Universe. Last stop for gas.

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 11:39:43 pm »
I ****ing LOVE IT.

I have something just short of clinically-admissable (or more extreme) Obsessive-Compulsive disorder -- enough for it to be a personality trait but not an actual mental condition.
I hoard. In video games, it's what I do. Take Oblivion: I pick up every last nice-looking or unique item I can find or steal and put it on display in my houses. I spent like half an hour actually putting up displays moving objects in-game with the dragging physics, on shelves, on chests, on tables... I even put a plate down and positioned food over it.
I hoard. In ANY game that will let me, I play packrat. And I play it to the Nth degree.

This allows me everything I'd want: Nifty, easily-accessible, aesthetically-pleasing references AND the ability to 'collect' anything and everything I want, and then some. Filing and sorting it under both category and hierarchy makes it that much better.

Any game that lets me collect, I collect. Spore lets me collect like a bat out of hell. And so I will.

By God, I Will.

My god,I bet that will make your Obsessive-Compulsive disorder better because you will have so much to collect etc.actually you will have an infinite amount of things to collect.
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 12:14:14 am »
I think the idea of a card system is amazing!  Especially if they can get animations too.  ;D  :D  ;)  :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 12:47:54 am »
Naw Encylopeideas would get boring fast in the game. Remember the rule of Fan Creatures. Peoplelike pictures and small text. Thus a trading card is perfect. A nice pig pictures and stats. Thats all ya need.

Offline dvalladt

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 12:54:31 am »
I love what they have showed about the Sporepedia.

I think the card idea is cool, but I also agree with you that I really want to be able to add my own notation to planets/stars/creatures in my Sporepedia. The galaxy has been mentioned by multiple sources to be huge, around half a million stars and two million planets in all. When you add in the diverse life on the planets that have a biosphere, cards alone just won't do it.

I think the cards alone do it *because* there's a lot of information to collect. If they let you put your own notes in every card, then it's cool, but I don't see the enciclopedia metaphor working for most players -including me. I don't want to put notes about everything I meet, nor navigate thru the content seeing big blank pagesdesigned to contain information I didn't bother to put, I prefer something simple, fast, easy to check, eye candy that gets to the point and it's consistent with the game aesthetic. If memory serves Magic cards had a little information about the creatures, spells, etc, that's all I need: kind of like in the Spore official website where the designers put cheeky descriptions of the creatures. If I want to make something deeper I stil would: I could blog about my world, make a wiki about my universe, etc.

Anyway, of course I would love it if they put both options in the game, or every imaginable option: the card system that we saw, plus the option to get more in deep with an in-game wikipedia, plus a "blog this" UFO tool, plus machinima tools, plus...

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 12:55:49 am »
Hydro, what're ya still doin' up?
Don't you have somewhere important to be in the morning?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 01:08:58 am »
Hydro, what're ya still doin' up?
Don't you have somewhere important to be in the morning?

Well i went to bed really early Then woke up. Now i can't get back to sleep. But I think i will force my self to soon. Cause 4 hours so far is not enough.

EDIT: Nite nite again.

Offline TheFatMan

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Join the legion of terror today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:30 am »
you gotta get to sleep, lots of photos to take and questions to ask...you got a video camera?
"The meaning of life is like chinese whispers, somebody knew it a long time ago and it has been passed down through the generations who have altered the message until we end up with Purple monkey dishwasher"

Offline Joolies

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 01:32:07 am »
When I heard about Sporepedia first, I was really cold to the idea. However, after seeing it in action it just looked so awesome. It just seemed to fit with the whole feel of the game.

It seems like a great way to keep track of all the creatures and planets in terms of stats and information.