Author Topic: Planet Busters  (Read 7766 times)

Offline ebinsesos

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • more edible than a cookie
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Busters
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 04:29:35 pm »
hmm... how about the remaining microbes on the planet (saying that it was flying out towards space) evolved into some kinda crazy panspermia comet and outr former enemies turn out to be the next "wave" of life through the galaxy in a billion years...

(ps my keyboard hurts my wrists, so thats why i'm such a poopy typist, cause i don't like it in the first place)

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 04:37:58 pm »
hmm... how about the remaining microbes on the planet (saying that it was flying out towards space) evolved into some kinda crazy panspermia comet and outr former enemies turn out to be the next "wave" of life through the galaxy in a billion years...

(ps my keyboard hurts my wrists, so thats why i'm such a poopy typist, cause i don't like it in the first place)

Somehow I don't see that happening in Spore.  It seems pretty superfluous.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline qyasogk

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 06:15:35 pm »
just because you "destroy" a planet doesn't mean that the mass goes away.... meaning the gravity is still there. what would destroying the mass at the center of jupiter do really? i would guess that it gets destroyed constantly by the forces acting on it. and the activity is part of what powers all the storms.

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 06:23:36 pm »
You're right just fracturing the core probably wouldn't do a whole lot, depending on how much of the mass is contained in that core. Though because we know diddly squat about metallic hydrogen it could be that might cause a big enough explosion to destroy the planet.

O yes, the mass is only still "there" if it dispurses in an even pattern which it likely would not leading for the center of mass to shift possibly throwing things way out of wack.