Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]  (Read 365487 times)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]
« Reply #3090 on: September 07, 2008, 12:12:44 pm »
The inclusion of ROB was kind of pointless at a design standpoint.
Also he's an annoying CPU opponent.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: September 07, 2008, 12:28:28 pm »
I should clarify, I don't care how good R.O.B. is in terms of how effective he is. He was a terrible idea for a playable character. The only way they could troll us harder would be by adding the Wii Balance Board as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Fracas.

R.O.B. was actually a character. When you think of NES most people think of R.O.B. He was an icon of the 8-bit age.

I'm guessing you dislike Game&Watch too. For you know, being on his own console.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: September 07, 2008, 08:46:31 pm »
I don't know anyone who had a R.O.B. then I'm not even sure if they were availible in Australia. When i unlocked R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS I had no idea who he even was. Does anyone ever play was Mario? I used him on occasion back on the 64 but never since especially now in brawl where he seems to out right suck.

On the other hand I really like Luigi.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: September 07, 2008, 10:54:17 pm »
In the line of thought about advance wars characters in SSB, three characters from the series spring to mind: Grit, who gets an obscenly long ranged attack, MAx, who would smash things, and Eagle, who would be fast. Hurrrrr.

Don't know about the characters from days of ruin/DS, however, so I can't speculate about them.

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: September 08, 2008, 04:08:36 am »
In the line of thought about advance wars characters in SSB, three characters from the series spring to mind: Grit, who gets an obscenly long ranged attack, MAx, who would smash things, and Eagle, who would be fast. Hurrrrr.

Don't know about the characters from days of ruin/DS, however, so I can't speculate about them.

I guess that would kind of makes sense. Kinda.

Also Days of Ruin was a great game. A lot more serious than the other games in the series. (They actually care when people die. :P)

I don't know anyone who had a R.O.B. then I'm not even sure if they were availible in Australia. When i unlocked R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS I had no idea who he even was.

Hm. I don't know what to say about that. I still stand by saying that I thought R.O.B. was a clever addition to the roster. :/

Also Mario kinda sucks this game. There's only a few times ever that his F.L.U.D.D. comes in handy. They should have just kept his moveset the same.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: September 08, 2008, 04:25:35 am »
I always felt his whirlwind attack was his best one.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: September 09, 2008, 11:49:31 am »
FLUDD SUCKS! Mario was way better in melee. His whirlwind gave you a boost, and, if used right, actually made his recovery decent. R.O.B. is an alright character if not a bit pointless.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

gec05

« Reply #3097 on: September 09, 2008, 03:52:27 pm »
Which is why I love Luigi even more.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: September 09, 2008, 04:06:08 pm »
Luigi is awesome but I got more adjusted to Toon Link (I just love that little guy :3)
Though Luigi's green missile's been toned down a bit, and he lacks the constipated face when he charges up.

I miss that :'(
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: September 11, 2008, 11:58:07 am »
As do I. But Mario sucks even more.

My best character is Marth, fox, and Captain falcon. Marth for his counter and general combos and range, fox because he is fast, fast fall, and quick moves. C. Falcon for falcon punch, knee smash, which is relatively quick and strong, and down a in air which is a meteor smash.

Offline Szaifedias

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: September 13, 2008, 04:42:59 pm »
They had to made Brawl more epic than Melee and the result is not good. It isn't as epic as Melee at any way. BUT it has some more characters AND there are cool hacking possibilities (thx to the guy from ARCentral and USBGecko.com ^^!).

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: September 14, 2008, 03:14:07 am »
Is all you care about is hacking? Seriously. If you are going to go speak about that go to ARcentral or Cheat engine.

Brawl is better. The fact people can't L-cancel is just there way of saying they suck without it.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: September 14, 2008, 08:08:13 am »
i hate metaknight.

he needs to be nerfed.

i mean, that stupid spinning attack, he's invincible for a few, giving me some irritating slices that barely give any damage at all!

it just makes killing him take longer time, like, my buddy plays him all the time, and i am link. he slaps me around when he's so fast and stuff, but i always end up beating the crap out of him.

metaknight is just fast, but his attack power is weaker than that of a ten year old.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3103 on: September 14, 2008, 08:14:27 am »
Is all you care about is hacking? Seriously. If you are going to go speak about that go to ARcentral or Cheat engine.

Blah, pipe down will you. He bought the game so he can do whatever he wants with it as long as he doesn't profit from it. Go look up Galoob v. Nintendo.

Szaifedias, tell me more about these hacks you're fooling around with. This topic needs life!

gec05

« Reply #3104 on: September 14, 2008, 09:44:52 am »
Here's a site with some tools to extract data from Brawl. Don't know how well they work though.

http://heinermann.kakkoister.com/