Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]  (Read 426649 times)

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2006, 05:13:50 am »
It's funny that you guys started comparing ability with the level of the computer and them being on teams. My friends did that before they started coming over to see how each of us would do against eachother. I laugh because I have been able to kill three level 9s against me for well over a year now.(just before last summer) I have beaten them with Ganondwarf, Fox, Falco, and Dr. Mario. Those are my favorite characters to be. Unless you have one handicap when facing the computer you shouldn't being saying you are better than someone else. Chances are you aren't. I faced two of my friends the first time they came over since they were being big mouths about being the best at the game because they can kill the computer so easliy. I beat them with an extra life left and shut them up.

Edit: I do not be cheap and let the computer suicide while i face them, and I chose the best chracters the computer is good with when I face them.  Most of the time it is ROy, Marth, and Link.  But I throw Samus in there instead of Roy or Marth some times.  I am trying to kill them with Yoshi as of right now but I get screwed because of the no Up B for yoshi.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:18:40 am by xnodas »
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 06, 2006, 05:22:52 am »
*Gets wild look in eyes*
Deletey Thready???
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 06, 2006, 05:23:42 am »
*Gets wild look in eyes*
Deletey Thready???
*whispers*
Do it, you know you want to.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 06, 2006, 05:58:42 am »
I know with the N64 version of the game I was King although I never game up against any serious human Competition Still I am undefeated against all human opponents. Will never ever forget early days of playing it was actually after a school trip where we went sailing for a week while waiting for the bus we were in the middle of the city me and a friend went into Toys R Us and threw down some Smash Bros in the stores N64 I had only had the game for about a week before the trip so I hadn't played much plus I was out of practice from the trip it's self still that was one epic battle Mario vs Pikachu. That was the closest I have come to being defeated. I can't wait until On line matches I'm now where near as good as I was back in the day but I would so get back into form for some on line competition.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 06, 2006, 07:08:05 am »
Ganondwarf should not be removed or edited in anyway shape or form.  His A punch on the ground is widely known by my friends because of me.  My friends literally run from me if I get Ganondwarf on random battles no matter what chracter they get.  I have beaten nearly every SSBM player at my dorm. with Ganonsdwarf or Fox.  I haven't played everyone yet, but I am still undefeated after being there for one year now. 
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2006, 10:26:09 am »
It's funny that you guys started comparing ability with the level of the computer and them being on teams. My friends did that before they started coming over to see how each of us would do against eachother. I laugh because I have been able to kill three level 9s against me for well over a year now.(just before last summer) I have beaten them with Ganondwarf, Fox, Falco, and Dr. Mario. Those are my favorite characters to be. Unless you have one handicap when facing the computer you shouldn't being saying you are better than someone else. Chances are you aren't. I faced two of my friends the first time they came over since they were being big mouths about being the best at the game because they can kill the computer so easliy. I beat them with an extra life left and shut them up.

Edit: I do not be cheap and let the computer suicide while i face them, and I chose the best chracters the computer is good with when I face them. Most of the time it is ROy, Marth, and Link. But I throw Samus in there instead of Roy or Marth some times. I am trying to kill them with Yoshi as of right now but I get screwed because of the no Up B for yoshi.

Do you have a better rating system? Also I can't wait till it comes out so I can see who is really good and who is bluffing But I hope you aren't, I want to go up against that kind of skill.

What will you do?

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 06, 2006, 10:36:18 am »
Yeah I can't wait for a challenge.  Some of my friends say they hate fighting me because I "cheat," but some of my not so accepting friends say they are as good as me at the game.  What really is fun is handicap teams.  Have you and a friend face two computers at your choice of level(9 is the best for this).  Put the handicap on on and after every battle lower your handicap by one if you win, raise it if you lose.  It's fun to try and get as low as you can.  The best me and my friend have done is gotten to handicap 1, but were destroyed at that level.  Hint: Don't get thrown from 3 and down, its death.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 06, 2006, 10:38:22 am »
Exciting isn't it?

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 06, 2006, 10:43:04 am »
To tell the truth I want to get owned by someone online.  I know it will happen, but I just want to be destroyed so I know for a fact that I have to be better at the game to be the best.  I told my friend that I play agaisnt a lot that and he said, "Well lucky for me i don't have to have online for that, you bastard."  LOL

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 06, 2006, 10:51:01 am »
Same here. I want to LOSE! I win at almost everything and trust me it really sucks at times.   :(

What will you do?

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 06, 2006, 10:53:08 am »
It does suck because you can't get better.  I hate it.  The only way to get better at a game is to face people who are better than you, and it's hard to find people who play a certain game like you do. 

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 06, 2006, 12:26:18 pm »
i want to fight against a pro falco...i know fox speed can outbeat falco...i knew some1 who was falco and he was pretty good...he didnt have the game himself but he was always playing it whit me.... we where at the same level and we defeated eachother al the time....when we were doing slo mo mode we would just fight around a long time whitout hitting eachother...it was like the matrix....i guess thats because we knew eachothers moves cose we evedad eachother for AGES

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 06, 2006, 01:12:44 pm »
Which brings me to the point that I could beat ANY pro on A only mode, as long as they are really good at wavedashing I will be able to go to town.

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #313 on: July 06, 2006, 01:18:40 pm »
I can't believe what a pathetic mockery this thread has degenerated into. Are you people actually bragging about being "master" players at SSBM? Go outside and getting some ****ing fresh air! I mean, Jesus Christ...

P.S. Necro, I bet my dad could beat up your dad.

Dude, a fly could beat up my dad. He's a 57 year old office worker with a bad back.

And Celdur: I am your pro Falco, and I will F*ck you up any day of the week.

Ahh Ganondorf... very slow but obscenely strong. Still, I'd like to see his moves revamped, and have his set placed onto someone closer to Capt. Falcon, like Samurai Goroh from F-Zero.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 06, 2006, 03:54:58 pm »
I can't believe what a pathetic mockery this thread has degenerated into. Are you people actually bragging about being "master" players at SSBM? Go outside and getting some ****ing fresh air! I mean, Jesus Christ...

P.S. Necro, I bet my dad could beat up your dad.

Dude, a fly could beat up my dad. He's a 57 year old office worker with a bad back.

And Celdur: I am your pro Falco, and I will F*ck you up any day of the week.

Ahh Ganondorf... very slow but obscenely strong. Still, I'd like to see his moves revamped, and have his set placed onto someone closer to Capt. Falcon, like Samurai Goroh from F-Zero.
Or alternatively do away with clones altogether.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.