Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]  (Read 432123 times)

TheNecromonicon

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]
« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2006, 08:29:51 pm »
Yes. I don't NEED a Wii... I have Spore :D

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2006, 08:31:56 pm »
Thats smart thinking.   8)

What will you do?

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2006, 03:11:22 am »
1. If they remove Game & Watch and the Ice Climbers, I won't buy the game - just to protest the idocy of such a move. They are awesome characters.
2. I want Sephiroth. If only for his theme song. I don't care that he's third party.
3. My best character is Falco in SSBM. He's better than Fox. Runners up are Kirby, Pikachu, G&W.

better than fox? no way man he may have stronger attacks but its the speed that counts

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2006, 05:49:47 am »
1. If they remove Game & Watch and the Ice Climbers, I won't buy the game - just to protest the idocy of such a move. They are awesome characters.
2. I want Sephiroth. If only for his theme song. I don't care that he's third party.
3. My best character is Falco in SSBM. He's better than Fox. Runners up are Kirby, Pikachu, G&W.

better than fox? no way man he may have stronger attacks but its the speed that counts
They both suck... they defy the laws of physics by falling about a million times faster than everyone else too.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 02, 2006, 06:53:51 am »

They both suck... they defy the laws of physics by falling about a million times faster than everyone else too.
Oh yeah... they can talk, too!
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2006, 09:16:05 am »

3. My best character is Falco i2. I want Sephiroth. If only for his theme song. I don't care that he's third party.n SSBM. He's better than Fox. Runners up are Kirby, Pikachu, G&W.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_falcon

Physics is fine.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 02, 2006, 11:13:09 am »

3. My best character is Falco i2. I want Sephiroth. If only for his theme song. I don't care that he's third party.n SSBM. He's better than Fox. Runners up are Kirby, Pikachu, G&W.

Physics is fine.

Great find!

:D

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2006, 12:45:09 pm »
wel fox is the best one on one character imo...hes fast and quite strong i beat alot of good guys whitout being hit...

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2006, 01:13:04 pm »
I think Fox falls too fast. Maybe I'm just not that good, but I seem to fall much easier with Fox.

Samus is perfect for me. She falls fairly slowly, she can jump high, and her downward smash attack is devistating. Plus she's just plain badass!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2006, 01:23:04 pm »

Physics is fine.

But fox and flaco have a larger surface area than some of the othere characters and when they fall they spread their arms... if anything Pichu should fall the fastest.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2006, 02:12:31 pm »

Fox's attack speed is not greater than Falco's at all.  They are equal in how fast their attacks delivered, however Falco's attacks are more powerful esspically a much better Down A in the Air.  Fox only has running speed over Falco.  But Fox's Up A in the air is much more powerful than Falco's.  And I totally agree that Sephiroth should be in the game.  That would be the best fighting game ever made in my opinoin.  I hate Kirby except for his sucide kills are a fun way to get people mad.  Pikachu, fear the tail(Up A in the air is amazingly fun to use).  G&W is prolly one of the best chracters because of how occward his moves come at you.  Well placed and some what well times attacks with G&W can devistate the best of players.

I think Fox falls too fast. Maybe I'm just not that good, but I seem to fall much easier with Fox.

Samus is perfect for me. She falls fairly slowly, she can jump high, and her downward smash attack is devistating. Plus she's just plain badass!

The ability to fall faster than anyone else in the game is not a disadvantage in the least.  Once you are used to the air attacks and the hang time of Falco and Fox, you will love them.  It took me a while to understand why on Earth would they make a character like a brick.  Sure it can suck when you are pushed off the edge and you use an attack, you basically are dead, but besides that I prefer characters that fall fast than someone like Kirby or Jiggy. 

No offense, but Samus is by far the easiest character to be good or excell with.  My suggestion is to get rid of Samus from your roster of people you play with, and use Sheik, Fox, Falco, Dr. Mario, or Mario.  Range attacks should not be used and practice like that.  THose chracters have average and some above average melee attacks and they have the basic jump types.  Getting to be really good with those chracters, in my opinoin, is the best way to master this game.  Range only works against people who are stunned or people who aren't good at using there dodges and rolls, in other words people who are not "master" players.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2006, 02:25:48 pm »
The ability to fall faster than anyone else in the game is not a disadvantage in the least.  Once you are used to the air attacks and the hang time of Falco and Fox, you will love them.  It took me a while to understand why on Earth would they make a character like a brick.  Sure it can suck when you are pushed off the edge and you use an attack, you basically are dead, but besides that I prefer characters that fall fast than someone like Kirby or Jiggy. 

No offense, but Samus is by far the easiest character to be good or excell with.  My suggestion is to get rid of Samus from your roster of people you play with, and use Sheik, Fox, Falco, Dr. Mario, or Mario.  Range attacks should not be used and practice like that.  THose chracters have average and some above average melee attacks and they have the basic jump types.  Getting to be really good with those chracters, in my opinoin, is the best way to master this game.  Range only works against people who are stunned or people who aren't good at using there dodges and rolls, in other words people who are not "master" players.

I'm not trying to be a "master" at this game. I play it to have fun. It's all about preferences. Some people prefer characters that fall faster, some don't. I'm not trying to be the best player in the world, I'm just having fun.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2006, 02:34:40 pm »
My best friend uses Sheik and the Ice-Climbers. He loves Sheiks up-A moves, but Falcos' speed is perfect to dodge it all. It blows my mind how good he is with the Ice Climbers, but Fire Bird and Falco Phantasm are easy to use for spliting Nana and Popo apart, and everyone knows they're useless once they're separated.

Fox is only slightly faster than Falco, but Falco is noticably stronger than Fox and I find his hang time invaluable, even if he drops like a rock. In SSB64 I was always Fox, but I have to say I am very very happy they gave him a stronger clone in Falco in SSBM. He suits me perfectly and I rarely loose.

I remember I was facing this one gamer chick, and she was using Jigglypuff like a true veteran. Her Down-B and Rollout timing was perfect against all my friends, but because of Falco's speed and high jumping, Fire Bird, Falco Phantasm, and Blaster I made quick work of her.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 03:23:42 pm by TheNecromonicon »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2006, 02:50:49 pm »
Marth FTW!

Down-B is just such cheap fun. ;D

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2006, 02:56:34 pm »
when i play fox i think i use the R and L buttons more than i use smash attacks :P its aaal about the timing. and its always fun to dodge a slow character over and over again til they go crazy (i even got a guy who plays ganondorf so angry that he killed himself in a 1 life deathmatch and i didnt even attacked him i just dodged him al the time XD)