Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]  (Read 406336 times)

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2006, 11:26:00 am »
omgwtfbbq its RIDLEY yay i hope its true.... btw it wil be a honor for any game studio to have their game character in this game... cose if there are only like 2-3 chosen to be innit your sure that evryone likes the character thats innit

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:25 am »
I really doubt that info was real.  Though some of it seems likely, it's strange that they haven't said anything about it, besides that one report.  You'd think they'd have updated the official website or something, but no.  And I can't see how Ridley would work as a character, at all.  But we'll see.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2006, 11:38:50 am »
Ridley would work easily.
All they need to do is scale him down a bit (like they did with boswer and Donkey Kong).  He would have a five step jump like Kirby and Jigglypuff. His melee attacks would be slashes and tail swipes, specials would be fireballs and missiles. Easy.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2006, 08:06:52 pm »
Does anyone else notice that they are adding a lot of people that have multi jumps.  Metaknight and Pit will most likely jump like kirby and Jiggy.  And if they do Ridley like that also, thats 5.  Personally I don't like their jumps.  Jiggy's is alrigt because she/he can move left and right faster than Kirby can.  I feel like a sitting duck with Kirby in the air.  He only works some what because of his Down B.  Personally I prefer the two jumps or three if you count Falcon and Ganondwarf.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2006, 10:17:57 pm »
Nice to learn that the theme song for this Super Smash Bros was composed by Nobuo Uematsu though. That's pretty kickass; I had no clue that was his till I checked out the SSB website.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2006, 01:01:29 am »
who is nobuo? anyways i like multijump dudes like kirby and jiggly but whats the bad thing about m is that yo kick m away so easy so that it al balances out.... but i dont think ridley or pit wil be light

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2006, 05:12:40 am »
Nobuo Uematsu is generally regarded to be one of the best (if not the best) videogame composers of all time. He's most known for his work on the Final Fantasy series, which has (despite my growing distrust of the franchise) been stellar from start to finish. He also served as composer for the Final Fantasy: Advent Children film, though much of that paid homage to the score for the original game.

I have personally made it my mission to own every single song that he's ever composed but that is proving exceptionally hard since he worked on some things for Squaresoft without getting proper credit [ie. his name doesn't appear in the credits].

In short: He's awesome. I'm looking forward to his new work with Mistwalker.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2006, 11:34:35 am »
come to think of it who did al the mario metroid and zelda music.....

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2006, 11:43:49 am »
Ha, snake actually looked right in the WWE game :D

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2006, 12:09:16 pm »
come to think of it who did al the mario metroid and zelda music.....

That would be Koji Kondo, though I'm not sure he did Metroid. He is the man behind Mario and Zelda's music however.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2006, 02:59:08 am »
Ha, snake actually looked right in the WWE game :D

samus looked really real to :P

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2006, 12:44:07 pm »
The Ocarina of Time music is probably one of the most recognizable scores for any videogame, ever. I dig Gerudo Valley.

And after reading these posts, and other info along with it, I'm really glad SSBB isn't a release date game. Melee is still one of my favorite games, but there were some major shortcomings, like all the clone characters, that I think were a symptom of Melee being too rushed so as to meet the release date of the Gamecube.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2006, 03:57:14 pm »
And after reading these posts, and other info along with it, I'm really glad SSBB isn't a release date game. Melee is still one of my favorite games, but there were some major shortcomings, like all the clone characters, that I think were a symptom of Melee being too rushed so as to meet the release date of the Gamecube.
Pessimist. Dont view the clones as a symptom of a rushed game. There are enough non-clone characters for three average beat 'em ups. The clones are a little bonus, even if they are basically just an elaborate costume change.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2006, 01:33:30 am »
yeah this game isnt only about picking a good character but a stylish,nobody plays whit jigglypuff :P lol

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2006, 03:40:51 am »
yeah this game isnt only about picking a good character but a stylish,nobody plays whit jigglypuff :P lol

Why do people always use Jigglypuff in this eample? Jigglypuff is immensely popular, plus it's a very strong, highly rated character. Also, it has stylish headgear.

I really don't understand why people think that Jigglypuff is rarely used. It's one of the easier characters to play well, and its fanbase is really dedicated.

As seen here.
Not a winner anymore.