Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]  (Read 426660 times)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2006, 12:36:06 am »
They actually said there would probably be less characters, and that we shouldn't expect everyone to return.  And I actually agree with this, a lot of the characters in melee sucked, and were just pointless pallete swaps.  Dr. Mario?  Pichu?  These guys should be alternate costumes, if anything.

And for the extra characters, they have to be third party, they have to have been on a Nintendo platform, and the need to actually be a videgame character, no anime ones.  That has me kind of releaved as well, the fans seem to be wanting a bunch of crappy characters to appear in the game from Mega man to Sephiroth, to Naruto.  I'm glad the developers understand were the line is, and when not to cross it.  A few cameo appearances, like Solid Snake though, is awesome.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2006, 01:49:45 am »
I think mega-man is worthy. A lot of people have fond memories of it on the NES.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2006, 03:33:11 am »
I was actually dissapointed when I saw this vid the first time. I was doing my own game concept for a SSB game, and it seems that mine wouldv'e been a way better way to go.
I meen, snake? Why would you put him in this game?
And my one would've kept the same style as SSBM for the most part - in ssbm, all the charecters had the same style and seemed to work together, in the new one you have the 'realistic' ones like link and pit against the obviously cartoony ones like kirby and pika - it just dosn't work.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2006, 03:39:35 am »
I was actually dissapointed when I saw this vid the first time. I was doing my own game concept for a SSB game, and it seems that mine wouldv'e been a way better way to go.
And my one would've kept the same style as SSBM for the most part - in ssbm, all the charecters had the same style and seemed to work together, in the new one you have the 'realistic' ones like link and pit against the obviously cartoony ones like kirby and pika - it just dosn't work.
Uh... when does Samus ever fit into the same styalistic universe as Mr Game and Watch or Bowser?

You sir are incorrect.
I also doubt your game concept would have been better at all so nyer.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2006, 03:45:16 am »
Uh... when does Samus ever fit into the same styalistic universe as Mr Game and Watch or Bowser?

You sir are incorrect.
I also doubt your game concept would have been better at all so nyer.

I don't meen the charecters, I ment the style they were drawn in. They all fitted together so nicely, but just look at the sceene where they're all crowded around wario, look at link on the left and mario. They look so different that they clash.
In the GCN one, they actually fit together quite well, especialy when you have young link and mario.
Mr Game and watch aside, the whole cast of ssbm worked together (although G&W wasn't that bad)

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2006, 06:40:27 am »
I don't meen the charecters, I ment the style they were drawn in. They all fitted together so nicely, but just look at the sceene where they're all crowded around wario, look at link on the left and mario. They look so different that they clash.
In the GCN one, they actually fit together quite well, especialy when you have young link and mario.
Mr Game and watch aside, the whole cast of ssbm worked together (although G&W wasn't that bad)

I disagree.
They look just fine, if not better now, than they did before.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2006, 08:06:29 am »
They actually said there would probably be less characters, and that we shouldn't expect everyone to return. And I actually agree with this, a lot of the characters in melee sucked, and were just pointless pallete swaps. Dr. Mario? Pichu? These guys should be alternate costumes, if anything.

And for the extra characters, they have to be third party, they have to have been on a Nintendo platform, and the need to actually be a videgame character, no anime ones. That has me kind of releaved as well, the fans seem to be wanting a bunch of crappy characters to appear in the game from Mega man to Sephiroth, to Naruto. I'm glad the developers understand were the line is, and when not to cross it. A few cameo appearances, like Solid Snake though, is awesome.
They have to also be easy to licensce. they can't go with Naruto.

I want to say this though: Darth Vader. There is no reason he cannot be in the game.

A fifteen day difference... I'm really just criticizing the actual content of the post.

O RLY?
yes
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2006, 04:36:51 pm »
I think mega-man is worthy. A lot of people have fond memories of it on the NES.

Then they killed him by releasing 3 games a month

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2006, 03:26:18 pm »
If you check around the official website (http://smashbros.com) you'll see some new screenies, notably this one:
http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/img2.html
It's a MGS level!
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Twiggs

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2006, 05:41:16 pm »
I think Snake was a bad idea, boo.  At least Mega-man looks like he'd fit.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2006, 09:04:36 am »
If you check around the official website (http://smashbros.com) you'll see some new screenies, notably this one:
http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/img2.html
It's a MGS level!

See, that image works cos it's all the same style, something like http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara1/img/photo_l3.jpg, although great graphics in general, meta knight and all the effects look out of place, at least in my mind.

Now in http://edomekuvat.soneraplaza.fi/arvostelu_ssbm/ssbm2.jpg, it all fits - link fits, the effects fit, bowser fits, kirby fits, peach and toad fit, the background fits.

See what I meen?

And has anoyone noticed about samus?

I meen, she will be playable in her suit as normal (and I got a pic of it, it looks amasing) but when she's not in her suit she's very ivy/soul caliber 2 reminiscant. Heck, she even has a gun that doubles as a whip...
I meen, suitless samus with a whip...

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2006, 09:09:58 am »
See, that image works cos it's all the same style, something like http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara1/img/photo_l3.jpg, although great graphics in general, meta knight and all the effects look out of place, at least in my mind.

Now in http://edomekuvat.soneraplaza.fi/arvostelu_ssbm/ssbm2.jpg, it all fits - link fits, the effects fit, bowser fits, kirby fits, peach and toad fit, the background fits.
Actually, I think the Brawl Dojo screenshot looks like it "fits" more than the Melee one.

Wait, they changed it to Dojo? When did that happen? :-\

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2006, 09:18:53 am »
"Dojo" is the name of the site.  The name of the game is still "Super Smash Bros. Brawl". :)

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2006, 09:33:55 am »
Oooh, okay. Heh. :-[

Good.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2006, 05:25:07 pm »