Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]  (Read 408451 times)

TheNecromonicon

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]
« Reply #270 on: July 05, 2006, 08:12:24 pm »
I don't use wavedashing, if I played more I might. I think I have gotten as good as possible without learning those techniques.
How long do they take to learn BTW? I might pick them up if SSBB has those usable as well.

Well obviously every character and player is different, it depends on who you are and who you use. Like, everyone says Samus is easy but I find her hard, and every says Mewtwo is hard but I kick butt with him... it's all just who you are and how long you personally take to figure certain things out.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 05, 2006, 08:24:38 pm »
Yes, like for example how I  can use Bowser to pulverize everyone I've met.  :D And everyone says he sucks.
So, what Lvl are you? I've put the rest of it up and its a Five stock system. I doubt you will beat 3 Lvl. 9 CPU with you at Han at 1 and they have Han 9 but if you can,  :o  then I have a way to heighten it even more. Tell me if that is nessassary.
And could you give me a ballpark on the learning time?

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2006, 08:31:54 pm »
Yes, like for example how I can use Bowser to pulverize everyone I've met. :D And everyone says he sucks.
So, what Lvl are you? I've put the rest of it up and its a Five stock system. I doubt you will beat 3 Lvl. 9 CPU with you at Han at 1 and they have Han 9 but if you can, :o then I have a way to heighten it even more. Tell me if that is nessassary.
And could you give me a ballpark on the learning time?

The secret to defeating bowser: STAY AWAY.

I've never used handicaps, but i'll try em and get back to you. Until then I can defeat 3 lvl 9's, all norm stats, making me lvl 27 I think.

And ballpark is too long to bother lol

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 05, 2006, 08:36:45 pm »
What I really want to know is if someone who dosen't use those skills has any chance against someone who does. Could you answer that?

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2006, 08:44:53 pm »
What I really want to know is if someone who dosen't use those skills has any chance against someone who does. Could you answer that?

Of course they can. Just because you haven't figured out everything doesn't mean you haven't perfected other stuff. I'm almost untouchable as Falco now cause I've learnt to dodge so well. And my Fire Bird and Falco Phantasm timing are awesome. Just because I can't wavedash doesn't make me a novice who always looses. In fact the contrary is true.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 05, 2006, 08:56:36 pm »
Wait you can't wavedash? I thought you could. That helps. (I don't have to learn Wavedash....)
For example, I accidently use shield instead of dodge occasionally, I think its my contyrollers because everyone I play does that, and we play at my house.  :P But I have impeckable timing with attacks and easily do 60% dmg in a combo. only problem is I can't kill good players with shiek untill they have 150% almost half the time.

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2006, 09:06:09 pm »
Wait you can't wavedash? I thought you could. That helps. (I don't have to learn Wavedash....)
For example, I accidently use shield instead of dodge occasionally, I think its my contyrollers because everyone I play does that, and we play at my house. :P But I have impeckable timing with attacks and easily do 60% dmg in a combo. only problem is I can't kill good players with shiek untill they have 150% almost half the time.

I'm not into combos, I use hit-and-run tactics. Thats why I play fast characters: Falco, Fox, Pikachu. However, I am also very good with Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, G&W, Ness, Peach, and Roy.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2006, 09:14:32 pm »
I use those as well, but when I have a chance to keep hiting the opponent without them having a chance to do anything, well you see the point. One of my favorites is on the great fox, sideways one, to get people in the right corner and play "Ping-pong with them on the wall. Also I can do 60%+ with peach, then combo some more. In cases that has let me kill  straight from 0 with no retaliation.   ;D  People give up sometimes when I do that at the begining of the match. Do you know how hillarious it is to have someone give up after less than half a min? DO YOU?  ;D
Its really fun, you should try it some time.

Anyway what Lvl. are you AKA how far did you get into the challenge?

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2006, 09:17:13 pm »
I know what its like to have ppl give up 30 seconds into a match.

And I've been too busy to try anything right now, I'll do it later.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2006, 09:42:00 pm »
im ok with sheik. zelda sucks though. slow, light weight, weak. but then again sheik looks cool with a chain whip. not a great attack except for certain situations.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #280 on: July 05, 2006, 09:48:43 pm »
im ok with sheik. zelda sucks though. slow, light weight, weak. but then again sheik looks cool with a chain whip. not a great attack except for certain situations.

Never underestimate the power of Zelda/Sheik. Zelda can dish out some nasty punishment if you can learn it right.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 05, 2006, 09:50:39 pm »
I was going to say something like that, but it looks like Necro beat me to it. 

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #282 on: July 05, 2006, 10:05:09 pm »
I just found a sweet thing on the net, read this:

http://ssbm.detstar.com/characterstrategies/samus.cfm

You can read the strategies, but the gold is the very last section at the bottom of the page. FALCO RULES!

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2006, 10:36:59 pm »
The Missle/CS really does work, I've been using it for a long while.

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #284 on: July 05, 2006, 10:42:37 pm »
The Missle/CS really does work, I've been using it for a long while.

Falco still PWNS Samus.