Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]  (Read 408423 times)

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Megathread [SPOILER PARADISE]
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2006, 10:42:23 am »
Samus is not a hrad chracter to use at all.  As stated by others you can easily use samus for melee combat as well and thats why i think samus is just the easiest chracter to be good with.  I don't play with samus much because everything is way to easy with her.  Using her ranged attacks takes no skill what so ever you could play as her for 30 minutes and know the timing. not that you need timing since you can just keep firing the misslies. the only person it is maybe semi hard to fight against is Fox, Captian Falcon, or Falco because of their speed and the refelct with FOx and Falco. Basically the missles are just destractions and makes it really easy to keep someone off the edge.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2006, 10:58:45 am »
when i use samus i usualy w8 for the other player to come to me....that gives me some advantage to shoot his head of the when he gets at me i pres down B alot...when thats done i dont use b anymore and start whit the A....and then it starts al over again

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2006, 05:46:58 pm »
I LOVE using Fire Bird and Falco Phantasm. Cheap and quick moves.

Anyway, BACK TO SSBB

I still want to see Sephiroth... which means they'll have to put Cloud in but w/e, I can deal.

I want Captain Olimar and a variety of pikmin based attacks.

I want a level editor.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2006, 06:00:18 pm »
Level editor? What do you mean?

And those two attacks suck, every time they are used on me I get past and counter/multi-hit with ease.

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2006, 06:04:54 pm »
Level editor? What do you mean?

And those two attacks suck, every time they are used on me I get past and counter/multi-hit with ease.

1. Both of those attacks help me be undefeated amongst my friends

2. A level editor. Instead of designing characters like so many games do, we should be able to design our own stages to battle in, with walls and items were we want and stuff.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2006, 06:27:06 pm »
Samus is not a hrad chracter to use at all.  As stated by others you can easily use samus for melee combat as well and thats why i think samus is just the easiest chracter to be good with.  I don't play with samus much because everything is way to easy with her.  Using her ranged attacks takes no skill what so ever you could play as her for 30 minutes and know the timing. not that you need timing since you can just keep firing the misslies. the only person it is maybe semi hard to fight against is Fox, Captian Falcon, or Falco because of their speed and the refelct with FOx and Falco. Basically the missles are just destractions and makes it really easy to keep someone off the edge.
missle spaming mergadafurgada...
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2006, 06:59:29 pm »
I thought so, although "Stage editor" might be more understandable. Yes thats a good idea, but I might just make a cool version of Final Destination.

How bad are your friends? No offense, but if those moves make you unbeatable, then I would have to guarentee that I would completly and utterly OWN you.

What I want though is a Comp level editor, so I don't have to put three Lvl. 7 Comps for a small challenge.

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2006, 07:04:49 pm »
I thought so, although "Stage editor" might be more understandable. Yes thats a good idea, but I might just make a cool version of Final Destination.

How bad are your friends? No offense, but if those moves make you unbeatable, then I would have to guarentee that I would completly and utterly OWN you.

What I want though is a Comp level editor, so I don't have to put three Lvl. 7 Comps for a small challenge.

Man, I wish I could make you eat your words, I have never been "owned," and don't plan on starting. It's really funny cause everyone laughs at me when I place my chooser on Falco and they're Link or Samus or Sheik... and then they claim I cheated when I wipe the floor with them.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2006, 07:23:42 pm »
I WOULD be intimidated if it weren't for so many cases where people say (and believe) they are all that, even someone who "wins tournaments" of it. But I have developed a way to compare abilities. It is a "Leveling system" for players. Now we can compare skills. Put on VS mode and play against two Lvl. 8 on a team. they can be anyone, random decision is preferred. No "Suicide" people. Mewtwo, Pichu, Luigi for some examples. Tell me when you have done that.

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2006, 07:28:41 pm »
I WOULD be intimidated if it weren't for so many cases where people say (and believe) they are all that, even someone who "wins tournaments" of it. But I have developed a way to compare abilities. It is a "Leveling system" for players. Now we can compare skills. Put on VS mode and play against two Lvl. 8 on a team. they can be anyone, random decision is preferred. No "Suicide" people. Mewtwo, Pichu, Luigi for some examples. Tell me when you have done that.

Ironically I'm also awesome with Mewtwo, which is notoriously hard to do.

But man, I fight three level 9's all the time, on final destination and stuff. It's a cake walk.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2006, 07:32:29 pm »
Tell me if you are serious, somehow that seems.... Unlikely.
I really wouldn't like a lie like that, so let me know now.
Anyway if you are telling the truth, ( :o ) which I hesitate to believe.... I still can make the system work for you and get you a level.

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2006, 07:42:27 pm »
Tell me if you are serious, somehow that seems.... Unlikely.
I really wouldn't like a lie like that, so let me know now.
Anyway if you are telling the truth, ( :o ) which I hesitate to believe.... I still can make the system work for you and get you a level.

No lies. As Falco I am insane. I'd really like to see your system though.

I remember once, I was fighting my friend on peach's castle, he was Sheik. I had two lives, he had one.  I was jumping up and bobomb appeared above me, I hit it and it exploded (totally cheap). He then picked up the heart capsule i was heading for when the bomb hit me. I was pissed. So he's at 0% and I'm up at like 65% and he's tossing all kinds of **** at me, ray guns and saturns and freezies, and I dodged everything he threw at me (as Falco) for about 3 minutes until I kicked him lightly into a Mega Bullet Bill.

Moral: I don't need to really fight you to win, I just need to wait for the right moment to strike.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2006, 07:51:03 pm »
Sounds funny, :D we could talk about that kinda stuff all week but one thing, I don't like to use items at all, it takes out a luck factor.
For this challenge try that, if you can.

And my rating system is face CPU's, the total Lvl's of which are = to your level, if you win. Keep all CPU levels within 1 of each other. this of course only goes up to 27, but there is the Handicap system.
Which works into it as such....
1 CPU on a Handicap 1 higher than yours = one level upwards. (Two in certain circumstances, but not always.)

and do you use an inf laser cheat to get 50% dmg all the time?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 08:04:51 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2006, 08:00:14 pm »
Interesting. Well, with that rating system, I'm a level 27... which is funny because I'm still trying to master simple things like the wave dash and air dodge  :-\

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2006, 08:08:08 pm »
I don't use wavedashing, if I played more I might. I think I have gotten as good as possible without learning those techniques.
How long do they take to learn BTW? I might pick them up if SSBB has those usable as well.

Edit: I know, you must think I totally suck....   :'(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 08:12:20 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?