Author Topic: Wish list and information of the UFO.  (Read 64020 times)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Wish list and information of the UFO.
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:34:05 pm »
I was thinking about the UFO and I noticed that he is giving it abilities that come from science fiction. So I thought that since he seems to have such a great imagination, wouldn't he add really original abilities that nobody has ever thought of? So, besides the terraforming tools, the weapons, and all the other things we already know it has, what kind of powers do you think he has given the UFO? And which ones do you want to be added?

Different designs of the UFO.

UFO abilities:

Fireworks.

UFOs can use black holes to travel.

Colony creating beam.

Laser beam.

Water generating comet. It can also be used as a weapon.

Monolith.

Tractor beam.

Menues:

Old version of the tools. They are now organized into categories in a line at the bottom of the screen.

The paw seems to represent a creature in the cargo hold. The icons at the bottom are probably the tractor beam and a beam let something out the cargo hold.

The fireworks are in this menu and there probably also are the blasters, laser beam, and the planet destroying beam.

This menu includes the water generating comet, volcano missile, Genesis Device, colony beam, and other terraforming tools.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:08:32 pm by Lualmoba »

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
  • Call me Jake. Jake Bond.
    • View Profile
Re: The UFO.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:47:44 pm »
I hope there are some really random/special features of the UFO. For example, a bubble for exploring underwater, a mind-controlling monolith, being able to fire creatures at each other, etc. etc.
LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."
Quote from: lolasan
Procedurally Generate That!

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 06:03:37 pm »
um I hope to see a ray that makes grass and random flora grow, so like you go to a newly terraformed planet and you move the ray around which grows plants related to the planet's theme
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 08:11:12 pm »
or you could only plant the plants you want....
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:44:02 pm »
I hope they have a feature to completely burn all plant and animal life on the planet, so you can have a perfectly controlled ecosystem.
"If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with computers, they would code Spore."

-SpecialBrownies

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 08:50:03 pm »
guns and bombs from
lasers to nova bombs
abducto-rays to black hole flingers

solar system generator
archological beam

"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
  • Call me Jake. Jake Bond.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 08:50:50 pm »
I hope there are some really random/special features of the UFO. For example, a bubble for exploring underwater, a mind-controlling monolith, being able to fire creatures at each other, etc. etc.

ZOMG I'm geniunely sorry for the OT but this was my 100th post on the forum!

xzx#U%JDcvnmn.,...m.m'1;`!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."
Quote from: lolasan
Procedurally Generate That!

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: Wishlist for the UFO.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 08:52:49 pm »
I changed the name of the thread and edited my first post a little so I don't think it was OT.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:54:57 pm by Lualmoba »

Offline Amayirot Akago

• Phoenix Fighter
  • RAARGH!! Gorulk SMASH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 09:00:09 pm »
As I mentioned before, a laser to draw pictures on the surface of a planet, Cowboy Bebop style :D Though the landscape editing tools would work as well.

And maybe some sort of cool War Of The Worlds style heat-ray to vaporize some annoying critters >:D

As for the UFO editor, I'm hoping it won't be too limited in that you'll have to put one specific part in some place (like wings and/or engines) but that you can create some really bizarre looking ships as well.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 09:03:36 pm »
I'd like to see a creature database. It'll keep track of creatures you find in game, and would serve as a place for you to access creatures you manually download.
Virus Buster.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 09:06:24 pm »
As I mentioned before, a laser to draw pictures on the surface of a planet, Cowboy Bebop style :D Though the landscape editing tools would work as well.

And maybe some sort of cool War Of The Worlds style heat-ray to vaporize some annoying critters >:D

As for the UFO editor, I'm hoping it won't be too limited in that you'll have to put one specific part in some place (like wings and/or engines) but that you can create some really bizarre looking ships as well.

Now that you mention that about drawing in the surface, did anyone see that on Will's yellowish city (the one that had the texture glitch) in the 1UP video, there was a big square in the ground and it had some kind of letters that seemed to spell Spore?

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 09:13:29 pm »
I hope they have a feature to completely burn all plant and animal life on the planet, so you can have a perfectly controlled ecosystem.

*nods* although the oceans.....

There should be a genocide device along with the genesis device :D
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.

Offline Spriggand

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • It's HIDEOUS! RUN AWAY!
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list for the UFO.
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 09:26:19 pm »
I want a laser that can cut a planet in half. I want to be able to control that laser so that I would be able to slice up a planet like a pizza. How F'ing cool would that be?
OH MY CRAP IT'S E3

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 09:29:13 pm »
I want a laser that can cut a planet in half. I want to be able to control that laser so that I would be able to slice up a planet like a pizza. How F'ing cool would that be?

Not satisfied with the planet-buster?  ;)
Virus Buster.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 09:39:24 pm »

Not satisfied with the planet-buster? ;)

that's like slicing up an apple with a hammer  ;D