Author Topic: Steve is great.. but...  (Read 13955 times)

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
Re: Steve is great.. but...
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:38:38 pm »
I'm thinking of making a drinking game where you have to take a swig everytime Steve says something is his favourite game/movie/book/ of all time.
The only problem is that I don't want to be responsible for all the hangovers the next day.

;)

Offline VargrimGraff

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 03:25:08 pm »
Steve's inability to speak really irks me at times. Combine that with his horrible lisp and it is a wonder that anyone actually even listens to this podcast.

ps. it is even worse when he has guest speakers that sound like they're still going through puberty.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 03:27:23 pm »
Steve's inability to speak really irks me at times. Combine that with his horrible lisp and it is a wonder that anyone actually even listens to this podcast.

ps. it is even worse when he has guest speakers that sound like they're still going through puberty.

Then why do you listen? Please, be respectful. You know where this is heading. I advise you to stop.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 08:52:14 am »
What lisp?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 12:38:12 pm »
Tomatoe:
( Toemaytoe)
or
( Tahmatto.)
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 04:19:07 pm »
I can tell because I have been through several years of speech therapy to correct my "R" and "S" and "SH" sounds, with my accent sounding very New England/ Bostonian, where I would replace an "R" sound with a "W" sound and drop the first consonant of every word.

I'm beginning to do that in my oral english. It's annoying, but I only do it in a few words and not very often. I have a problem pronouncing "Three" though. I spit all over my table when I try and say the "Thr" sound. Argh

Offline TechnoGeek78

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 04:06:44 am »
Personally, I think Steve does a fantastic job with the Podcasts. He ranks #1 in my list of 'casts to listen to. One small issue I have recently is very noticable in Podcast 49, the phrase "With that being said..." is used sooo often it drove me nuts. =)

Offline mik

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • The Fanboys
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 09:19:33 pm »
Unless I miscounted, he said it 49 times in episode 49.

Offline pedro_t

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 04:26:24 pm »
Personally, I think Steve does a fantastic job with the Podcasts. He ranks #1 in my list of 'casts to listen to. One small issue I have recently is very noticable in Podcast 49, the phrase "With that being said..." is used sooo often it drove me nuts. =)

I second that. Single point of annoyance though.. great podcast. I'm from the Netherlands and listening on quite a regular basis, so big thumbs up to you Steve!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 11:16:24 am »

I second that. Single point of annoyance though.. great podcast. I'm from the Netherlands and listening on quite a regular basis, so big thumbs up to you Steve!

Go Netherlands!!!
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 11:21:34 am »

Go Netherlands!!!

Yeah, go us!

I have no problems the way Steve pronounces words. I do it even worse ;)
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Megagun

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • And the moose comes in the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 12:48:41 pm »
Same here. :P

Though I noticed in the latest podcast that Steve says "Excetera" instead of "Etcetera"... And he says it like a gazillion times like that... Either that or I need a new pair of ears.. :P

And it's actually all pretty understandable. Podcasts can be worse, just listen to the GDC2006 recap with the co-host from Texas (or at least he sounds like he's from texas)...

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 01:05:27 pm »
i don't know what you guys are complaining about. Alot of people from the states talk the same way you guys are complaining about.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Has anyone noticed....
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 09:39:22 pm »
That Steve said "that being said..." a lot in podcast 50?  It was like every 2 minutes! It was actually kinda funny cause I started guessing when he was gonna say it next ;D Did anyone else notice this?

Offline Svanire

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone noticed....
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 12:52:34 am »
No.