Author Topic: Lack of Space Battles/Fleets  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Semi-Auto Badger

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of Space Battles/Fleets
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 10:57:43 pm »
*Starts ceremonial chanting* Ooooommmmm Ooooommmmm

Says it all really....

Better than pancakes

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 10:59:29 pm »
Praise be to you mighty and powerful E3, shall your news bare down on us.  Shall your teaching's remove are fears of having an unknown release date.

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 11:33:00 pm »
hehe, you know what'd be great?

if they don't say anything about the release date. lol

j/k  ;D ;D ;D ;D

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 06:55:18 am »
what would be great is if the said "hey! were gonna send brutus_ a copy of spore!!"
Never mind your own business.

Offline Megajames75

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 02:05:38 pm »
But it that happened you would get thousands of fans trying to get the game off you and you would never get to play it.
My sporepedia page:

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Cold-Fire

I have over 50 creatures, I only upload my best so each of these should be good. All my creatures work ingame, and are beliveable.

Please take a look at my sporecast of the Flob species:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012834975

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 02:07:26 pm »
But it that happened you would get thousands of fans trying to get the game off you and you would never get to play it.

Sure you could, all you would need to do is put it onto a system without net access and so make it hacker proof.  Or you could be like any good tester and not tell anyone.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 02:48:51 pm »
once again, people don't understand how large the galaxy is, you're not going to know where the hell the other species' UFOs are.
THINK A MILLION UFOS!!!! You can't keep track of a million dots. And even when you are attacks or if, you might have a bunch of warnings all over your empire. You just can't tend to them all. And on the planet your species was the only one advanced enough to be tribal, then civ, so i suspect you're the only species with a UFO. That why its called a "sand-box" game. So you can do what you want without having to worry to much about that pesky million species, if they have UFOs at all. So stop wanting space battles and all that. You have power enough with that one UFO. Lets see, you can blow a planet to hell and all sorts of stuff, and you start life itself! Thats power.
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 03:40:51 pm »
I would like to have fleets of spaceships but , just like snake said how would keep up with all of them. I mean if you had them all spread out around the galaxy  it would be almost impossible, keep up with all of it , but who knows maybe you can have more than one but not more than you can handle. (Though it would be cool to have fleets of ships going all around inforcing galactic dominance over all.)  ;D

Offline Penguin

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 06:11:05 pm »
once again, people don't understand how large the galaxy is, you're not going to know where the hell the other species' UFOs are.
THINK A MILLION UFOS!!!! You can't keep track of a million dots. And even when you are attacks or if, you might have a bunch of warnings all over your empire. You just can't tend to them all. And on the planet your species was the only one advanced enough to be tribal, then civ, so i suspect you're the only species with a UFO. That why its called a "sand-box" game. So you can do what you want without having to worry to much about that pesky million species, if they have UFOs at all. So stop wanting space battles and all that. You have power enough with that one UFO. Lets see, you can blow a planet to hell and all sorts of stuff, and you start life itself! Thats power.

Here's a suggestion: make sure you know what you're talking about before you start rambling on about stuff. Will Wright said that there will be other civilizations that we'll meet in space, with which we can have diplomatic relations, trade negotiations, or war. And he's also mentioned space battles. So it's very unlikely that you will be the only one with a spaceship.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 06:37:16 pm »
the simple thing to do is partition the galaxy into systems, sections, sectors, and quadrants
and size up things fom the smallest to the largets ships, fleets, armies

your ufo is a swiss army knife and your small ships are swords and your fleets are armies to march into battle give you generals to control single and mutiple fleets and smart captains for your ships and you can have everything from you controling a fleet to an empire.

and the video at the end definatly showed a battle going on in orbit
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 09:48:28 pm »
All this talk of the UFO editor, screw that... bring on the plant editor information.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 05:38:35 am »
the simple thing to do is partition the galaxy into systems, sections, sectors, and quadrants
and size up things fom the smallest to the largets ships, fleets, armies

your ufo is a swiss army knife and your small ships are swords and your fleets are armies to march into battle give you generals to control single and mutiple fleets and smart captains for your ships and you can have everything from you controling a fleet to an empire.

and the video at the end definatly showed a battle going on in orbit

Partitioning the galaxy is probably how it will have to be done.  Otherwise, I agree that it would be too unwieldy to control a truely glactic empire, even over more than a few 10s of stars.  (Unless of course management could be made more or less autonomous depending on what you wanted to do.)
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 03:16:47 pm »
yeah, what i'd be looking for is a system like what MoO3 said it would be :P
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Spriggand

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • It's HIDEOUS! RUN AWAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 05:24:34 pm »
All this talk of the UFO editor, screw that... bring on the plant editor information.

Yeah, I wanna take over a planet by creating a plant that releases lots of allergens into the atmosphere, and when the pitiful inhabitants of the doomed world are deep in the throes of allergic reaction, *muwahaha* I will STRIKE! That would be pretty awesome though.
OH MY CRAP IT'S E3