Author Topic: Fast Moving Life  (Read 17212 times)

7 who ate 9

Re: Fast Moving Life
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 02:30:05 pm »
also here's a picture of us right now

Bubba is orange, we're purple

the bubba's have spikes, we have a head...

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2006, 02:35:29 pm »
Nice picture thingy. I would post the next choice, but I must go to the other place that isn't here, so I'm just here for a quick compliment and bump.
I posted a choice, A
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2006, 03:35:22 pm »

The head is the long thing sticking out of the purple organ

7 who ate 9

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 04:11:03 pm »

The head is the long thing sticking out of the purple organ

what about the spies and the limbs?

BTW, Are creature is absorbing amebodes that absorb sunlight, soon, many things are affaird of us, we are at the top of the food chain...for where we are.  The small food isn't that appetizing, and just eating amebodes isn't filling, we need another food source. There is one problem, if we evolve we will become bigger and have more cells, making bigger creatures want to eat us.

How will we evolve?
A Eat big plants, but the plants are by poisons fish.
B Become a predator, you will need to fight allot more.
C Be like a plant, photosyns, you will however lose alot of options and might not have that much limbs.
D  Be like a vampire suck blood, every one will try to kill you though.
E Become a virus, will stay small though.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 04:21:50 pm by 7 who ate 9 »

Offline Varsity

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 06:56:37 pm »
D

Rawr.
XYZZY!

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 07:53:22 pm »
Over the years, one of the spikes on the cell wall mutates and becomes straw-like. With it, the creature can feed on another without having to spend precious energy on killing it first.

But some lucky organisms have developed a type of 'poison blood' that kills our creature when it tries to suck out its energy. Normally we wouldn't be bothered by this and we would say that that's how life works, but we want to be the dominant creature on the planet and to do that we'll have to be assertive.

A) Allow the creature to produce virii, these will weaken the stregth of the poison before we feed on it. The best option but virii are kind of dangerous.
B) Increase our resistance to the poison. This won't completely immunize us, it will sedate the creature for a short time after eating.
C) Get bigger so we could just swallow the enemies whole. This would require energy but it would somehow neutralize the poison while it's inside the amoeba's bodies.
D) Make the vampiric spike sharper so you could cut open the amoeba, let the poison dilute into the sea and drink what remains.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 08:38:34 pm »
C
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

7 who ate 9

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 07:46:41 am »
You evolve bigger and bigger over the years, and you can eat things whole now.But somehow your creature still isn't uprissing, infact, it is rare to see your kind. Allthough you might be able to kill animals, something else is killing your race, a deadly Plague.

What are you gonna do now!?

A Try to become intelligent and find the source of the plague.
B Stop sucking the blood of animals, it may be bad.
C Try to form packs with the surivers of your kind.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 07:59:15 am »
I have to say B becaue any kind of intelligence is way out of the reach of a freakin' single celled blob!

Seriously. i think the next evolution should be a mandatory super-jump to becoming multicellular.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

7 who ate 9

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 04:59:19 pm »
I have to say B becaue any kind of intelligence is way out of the reach of a freakin' single celled blob!

Seriously. i think the next evolution should be a mandatory super-jump to becoming multicellular.

No way, that would be to fast, oh wait...

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 05:26:22 pm »
we now survive by eating other creatures whole and directly metabolizing some nutrients, while using others to boost our photosynthesis.  over time we have become multicellular, while keeping our basic body configuration.  food is plentiful, but how can we make use of it?

A. grow a bigger, more sophisticated stomach (with chemicals that may be useful later) to digest food more thoroughly
B. grow a bigger, nastier food-catching neck farther from the main body with sharp yet flexibly prehensile spikes
C. turn the food-catcher into a large filter to gather nutrients and one-celled animals
D. intensify our photosynthesisv(without necessarily "vegetating")
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline mikl

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 05:29:27 pm »
B

7 who ate 9

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 05:45:32 pm »
You evolve a head, but the creatures learn to go faster than you, you can't cetch them. And still, your race seems to be dissapearing, and allmost exstictent! You try to form packs, but it seems that there are hardly any of your kind for them to be formed. What is going on?! It seems that it isn't only your creature, but the other creatures are dieing to. It seems that the ocean water becomes more meerky and duller. What once had colors of life is now empty. Few creatures manage to survive, and you need to find more food without getting poisened.

A) Grow legs, get to land
B) Try to use the poisen to your addvantage.
C) Look for more food
D) You see a bright, bright light, get closer.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 05:48:11 pm »
B.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 10:01:50 am »
Over the generations the species (which is just a squirmy, squitty thing with a head) evolves a resistance to this 'poison' and in fact begins to thrive in it, using it as the basis for a whole new kind of metabolism. Some other animals have also adapted and are beginning to eat and be eaten by you. Random super arbitrary fun choice coming up!

A- Develop light sensitive spots (I cant believe we have a head but no eyes...useless)
B- Go back down the useless path and develop big dragnets so we can be sedate and lazy
C- Gain the ability to vomit poison into the water to kill nearby morsels and predators
D- Gain the ability to move by jet propulsion
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.