Poll

Do you use a special theme thoughout the game?

Yes a movie theme through all editors
2 (3.2%)
A book theme through all editors
2 (3.2%)
Game theme through all editors
7 (11.1%)
Different inspiration themes to each editor
5 (7.9%)
Free Imagination to all editors
40 (63.5%)
free imagination to 3 editors
3 (4.8%)
free imagination to only 2 editors
0 (0%)
free imagination to 1 editor
0 (0%)
maybe something completely different to get inspiration from...discuss!
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: What design will your first game use?  (Read 7053 times)

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What design will your first game use?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 07:01:33 am »
i thought about a mix between "alien" (the movie series), the aliens of independece day and "borg" (of star trek).
but i think, i'll just start at the cell level and look what my mind comes up with, as i play the game the whole way through.
maybe i end up with a creature that looks like the aliens in simpsons or like a lil devilish looking guy.. i just dunno.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 09:14:48 am »
I've been toying with a prototype creature for years and still don't have it exactly right, but so far this is as much as I've come up with;

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/Beatnuki/Vemnix.jpg

Basically I wanted to get my personality (and favourite colours!) and juxtapose them into the form of a critter, while at the same time making it something kind of like the worms from, well, the Worms games, or Lemmings, or Pikmin.....a small group of highly industrious toons who look good carrying stuff and scuttling around talking to each other in little voices and making elaborate things, yet also (as a means by which to serve the Spore community) look awesome when set alight, running around screaming, or blasted into chutney by explosives. So yes, I want others to have fun either making friends with these critters or blowing the frell out of them.

As for buildings and vehicles, I'm still tossing around many ideas, but most of them involve black, red and steampunk.

Of course, all this could easily go out of the window when I play Spore myself and end up with something totally different.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 11:12:36 am »
I just had a thought....

If the customization goes to the UI itself in SPORE, could we like color that and skin that with our own textures and so forth, if so we could really make the game with our own stamp on it ;)

And even add our own fonts to it....

- W -
* ponders many things now *

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 12:01:55 pm »
Creature editor - Whatever I come up with randomly

Everything else - my own imagination, though I do have something in mind already...
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 01:06:49 pm »
I'll probably use a game theme with some non-game themed creatures. Among others, my creatures will probably be themed after the Zerg (or zerglings), Clannfear, chocobo, Wyverns (after the Dragon Warrior/Quest games - provided that creatures can even fly in SPORE. I always wondered how they would land... as they have no feet or hands), maybe a Yoshi-type creature for cuteness (can be tamed, and domesticated of course). Then on the creative side, some smaller creatures. I might even try for the smallest possible creature, along with a larger mammal-type creature. I don't want creatures that are too unrealistic (i.e., having gears on them, or having a saw blade type mallet).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:09:18 pm by vbGamer »