Author Topic: *SHOCK* Quitting WoW  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Skraeling

• Akalabeth Addict
  • My what big teeth I have.
    • View Profile
Re: *SHOCK* Quitting WoW
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 03:27:21 pm »
come over to DAoC my son!

No, really.  I am a card carrying scientist.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 04:22:24 am »
Ok, I've officially ended to World of Warcraft madness I've had for the past 8 months. It's an awesome game.. but I just keep playing and playing, and quit frankly, After you've seen the end-game stuff.. it's just pretty much just grinding the useless rep, or farming for that tiny extra percent of magic resistance you might use...

To sum it up, WoW got boring.

I've also found that the guilds of WoW are very interesting too. The way that there are officers and guild officer channels make things sometimes quite.... "unpleasant". This is what we call power struggels and sometimes even guild drama. It might result in you getting the boot from the guild, just because you've talked too much in guild chat, or said something that someone didn't really like over the guild's privately owned ventrilo server. People get very sensitive when the game and the people is all that they have.

So WoW also got stressful...

It's been an interesting experience, and I'll probably be playing again when Buring Crusade comes out. However, the orginal rush, that feeling that I've gotta play it everyday, has fade away from me. I'm beggining to play Kingdom of Hearts II, G.R.A.W., playing games that I've missing since playing WoW like Call of Duty 2 and Age of Empires III.
Suprisingly, I've found room to play Oblivion while I was playing WoW... (and also listening to Gaming Steve's podcast duh! :D ) didn't know how that worked out, but it did.

Anywho, this is just my experience, from the World of Warcraft madness. I still have quite a number of RL friends that still play WoW, but I don't know how long that will last. If anyone else has something similar, or some questions they have for me, I'll be happy to answer them. And since I quit WoW, I'm probably going to be more active on the forums.

:)

You'll come back. They always do.

>:)

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 01:52:13 pm »
All those online games like that are completely retarded.  Its repeitive and bland.  And you pay for it.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 06:15:53 am »
All those online games like that are completely retarded.  Its repeitive and bland.  And you pay for it.

All those ____________ games are repetitive and bland. And people pay for it.
            fill in blank with least favorite game type

Offline Encrypted

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 07:40:10 am »
I agree with you. I just didnt like WoW after a while it got boring after I was fighting a Basilisk in Taranis and then 5 levels later im in the searing gorge and theres the same creature only painted red >_<

Welcome to every single MMRPG ever made and any MMRPG to come.

As much as I like the concept, as long as we have games with persistant online worlds and no "ending" this is all any MMRPG will ever be.  Wrap it up in whatever flashy coating that happens to be the latest craze, there is nothing new under the sun.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 09:03:20 am »
I agree with you. I just didnt like WoW after a while it got boring after I was fighting a Basilisk in Taranis and then 5 levels later im in the searing gorge and theres the same creature only painted red >_<

As much as I like the concept, as long as we have games with persistant online worlds and no "ending" this is all any MMRPG will ever be.  Wrap it up in whatever flashy coating that happens to be the latest craze, there is nothing new under the sun.

May I ask a quick question? How many different types of enemies are usually in a videogame that isn't online? Say Devil May Cry: Lots of 'em, right? Halo? No, no; there are only so many types. Hmm....perhaps Oblivion, but let's be honest, that's just an offline MMOG. Or very near one anyway.

So I suppose a game reusing some designs isn't so bad when you think about how few games actually diversify to the extent that it does. And I can think of very, very few games that have the artistic merit and diversity that WoW does. Whether you like it or not, that's a personal choice, but I personally feel that there is easily more visual diversity in WoW than in any other game of the genre or any genre.

Except for Spore. But that's unfair. Spore owns all.

Offline Sawmill

• Mystery House Madman
  • WoW
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 09:22:52 am »
IM currently at 1 level 60, a 49, a 38, and allot more alts. I think that its the best game ever right now and im not bored with it at all. I think that i will play all threw summer and by then, i might be a little bored, but then ill just get the Burning Crusade. lol. If you guys are still debating to get the game, please do so its the best game i have ever played. Also, it might be a little boring leveling all the way to 60, but now if u get a little bored, then just pvp for 1 or 2 days, then start to level a bit more, you feel allot better. If your bored of pvp, then idk, play a differnt game for a little, or make an alt. before i made my 60, i made an alt and got him to 38 because i was tired of leveling my rogue, but i finally did it, and wen you hit 60 its amazing because u can do the entire game.
Hey i play Wow and i have many Char. on server name Norgannon alliance. ( US ), if you play on this server horde or alliance email me at gregroberts7@yahoo.com . see yea ingame!
Current level- 60 ( almost 61 )

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 10:46:50 am »
IM currently at 1 level 60, a 49, a 38, and allot more alts. I think that its the best game ever right now and im not bored with it at all. I think that i will play all threw summer and by then, i might be a little bored, but then ill just get the Burning Crusade. lol. If you guys are still debating to get the game, please do so its the best game i have ever played. Also, it might be a little boring leveling all the way to 60, but now if u get a little bored, then just pvp for 1 or 2 days, then start to level a bit more, you feel allot better. If your bored of pvp, then idk, play a differnt game for a little, or make an alt. before i made my 60, i made an alt and got him to 38 because i was tired of leveling my rogue, but i finally did it, and wen you hit 60 its amazing because u can do the entire game.

I seem to be exploring a lot with each class. I have something like three hunters and three rogues right now, as those are my two favorite classes at present. I'm training each of them towards a different build from one another and seeing what works in a way that fits my playstyle the most. [And no, as usual, I don't use builds that were designed by someone else; I only use my own. I'm a stickler for coming up with things myself.] Overall, it's fun. Likely the best MMOG out currently, though it still fails to topple DAoC when it comes to RvR. But I like that there's very little downtime, that trade skills are actually useful, and that leveling doesn't take quie as long as in other games.

Offline Encrypted

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 11:40:07 am »

May I ask a quick question? How many different types of enemies are usually in a videogame that isn't online? Say Devil May Cry: Lots of 'em, right? Halo? No, no; there are only so many types. Hmm....perhaps Oblivion, but let's be honest, that's just an offline MMOG. Or very near one anyway.

So I suppose a game reusing some designs isn't so bad when you think about how few games actually diversify to the extent that it does. And I can think of very, very few games that have the artistic merit and diversity that WoW does. Whether you like it or not, that's a personal choice, but I personally feel that there is easily more visual diversity in WoW than in any other game of the genre or any genre.

Except for Spore. But that's unfair. Spore owns all.

Good point, and you are correct.  I can't think of a single game that doesnt  recycle designs.  It just seems that much more pronounced with an MMRPG because there is never a defined "ending".  Perhaps it's just not as prominent in say, an offline single player game where you defeat the dragon, rescue the princess, or whatever.   ;D

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 11:57:58 am »
I can't think of a single game that doesnt  recycle designs.  It just seems that much more pronounced with an MMRPG because there is never a defined "ending".

But see, that's never bothered me. I don't care if they recycle designs. In fact, it's understandable; they can only produce so many designs to fill in an entire world. So I know they tried their best to diversify it. Whereas games like Halo, IMO, are just lazy. How many colors of Covenant Grunts were there? ;)

Perhaps it's just not as prominent in say, an offline single player game where you defeat the dragon, rescue the princess, or whatever.   ;D

Also depends upon how much time you spend in the game and how often you go to certain areas and so forth. There are a lot of factors in MMOs determining how likely you are to come across repeat designs. I would still argue that you get far more for your money from a MMO than you do from practically any other game out there. Even if there are slight annoyances and you have to pay a fee, it's well worth the money when you can invest hundreds of hours of quality gaming out of it.