Author Topic: Indie Sci-Fi? And Finnish too!  (Read 1445 times)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Indie Sci-Fi? And Finnish too!
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:38:02 am »
I've looked for some time for some quality indie sci-fi on the net. I found some small effects test, some Star Wars fan films, and other dingies, but nothing too good. Then I randomly typed "future" into Imdb and found a real cool thing.

http://www.starwreck.com/

It's a Finnish Star Trek parody with extraordinary special effects(they left their computers on for 5 years rendering :P) and a good storyline, silly humour and funny characters. There's a subbed version too for you who don't speak Finnish. And best of all, it's a free download! Took me an hour to DL, and it worked pretty good. Might want to try VLC player or DiVX player, Windows Media and BS can't cope with it(or maybe my codecs are wrong, I don't know). Anyway, if you want to see a feature length pardoy with cool effects and indie humour, go right ahead. It's not as if it'll cost ya anything.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Indie Sci-Fi? And Finnish too!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:30:21 am »
Hmmm. Looked at the trailer, didnt get it. Arent the finnish notorious for lacking a sense of humour? Or is that the Danes?  :-\
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: Indie Sci-Fi? And Finnish too!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 12:29:41 pm »
Germans, I think? Finns have a characteristic sense of humour, often very dark and involving alcohol. Lots of it.