Author Topic: Podcast only Radio Station - Go on air, steve  (Read 2196 times)

Offline badm0j0

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Podcast only Radio Station - Go on air, steve
« on: April 27, 2005, 10:41:05 am »
http://www.kyouradio.com/website.php

from Hits Magazine online:

THE DAWN OF PODCAST RADIO: On May 16, Infinity will transform San Francisco AM station 1550 KYCY, presently all talk, into KYOURadio, the world's first all-podcast radio station. In the radical new approach, station programmers (or, more accurately, post-programmers) will screen podcasts submitted by listeners, with the approved content simulcast at www.KYOURadio.com.  "I'm excited," Infinity CEO Joel Hollander told Wired.com, which broke the news this morning. "We're creating a new way to let a lot of people participate personally in radio—sharing their feelings on music, news, politics, whatever matters to them. I also think this is going to be a really interesting way to develop new talent.” KYCY has been doing poorly, so Infinity has nothing to lost by undertaking this experiment in open-source radio, as Hollander explained: "This switch won't be a big gamble for us monetarily, but it's a potential home run. You have to make bets on new forms of technology—some work, some don't. We're making a bet that this might become the way people want to communicate." KYOURadio and its online equivalent will run advertising along with the podcasts.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Podcast only Radio Station - Go on air, steve
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 02:00:42 pm »
In the radical new approach, station programmers (or, more accurately, post-programmers) will screen podcasts submitted by listeners, with the approved content simulcast at www.KYOURadio.com.

Heh, it sounds good to me, but you guys are the ones who will have more power than me I'm sure. I can submit my podcast (and I will) but if several dozen of you out there submit it as well it will carry a lot more weight. But this is interesting, I was waiting for something like this...
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve