Author Topic: Vah'Ukhana  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Chanteurs

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Vah'Ukhana
« on: May 01, 2006, 06:14:09 pm »
This is an alien creature I have made. I will probably make somthing similiar to it in Spore, although I'm leaving all of my options open at them moment. I have drawings, but unfortunately my family's digital camera is on the fritz, and I don't have a scanner. So for now its going to have to be just text. Please bear with me guys.

The Vah is a rather unorthodox biped. Unlike humans, humanoids, and most other bipods, the Vah has a leg in the front and a leg in the back. Its back leg is a very muscular appendage with a blunt and functional foot at the end used primarily in propulsion and standing. The front leg/arm is thinner, and the hand/foot actually has fingers that it can use to manipulate objects when it is standing on its back foot (which it can also hop upon, occasionally). Its spine is quite flexible, and this allows it to quickly escape predators.

The typical Vah stands at about 4 and 1/2 feet at the shoulder. It has leathery golden-brown skin. This skin is darker on the undersides of the Vah, and lighter on the upper sides. The skull and back are covered in rough orange-brown hair.

Its head is situated on a semi-long neck, and is dominated by two unusual features. The first odd feature is its three eyes. It has two side eyes, and one front eye. The second odd feature is the armored trunk coming from the Vah's snount. This tentacle-like organ evolved from a particularly muscular upper lip of the Vah's anscenstors. This trunk, coupled with the Vah's long and mobile tounge, helped it manipulate food (and later tools) whithout having to use its hand, which allows it to be ever-ready to dash off if nessesary.

All of the adaptations are ideal for the Vah's evolutionary habitat: the high-grass plains of its home world. Since it achieved sapience, it has since spread to all other parts of its globe.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: Vah'Ukhana
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 07:10:34 pm »
they sound very interesting...look forward to pictures...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:14:15 pm »
^^ Same here, can't wait!
Yes. Of course.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 02:17:59 pm »
It's certainly a refreshing new approach to a humanoid, and it sounds agile, fast and very adapted to survive.  ;D Great!
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.