Author Topic: Xbox 360 to become the next PS2?  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 to become the next PS2?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 01:53:09 am »
Actually the Xbox still sells like total crap in Japan. That is why the Xbox 360 isn't a gaming machine (have you noticed that they never mention it as a gaming machine?) Rather Microsoft is going to position the Xbox 360 as a "media" machine which also connects you to the internet. The Xbox 360 is going to be a Trojan horse for expanding the services which Microsoft can provide to you.

So when you get your Xbox 360 "to play games" you'll also have to sign up for Xbox Live if you want all the "best, cool stuff" which Microsoft owns, and then they'll record all your games and high-scores and such, which they'll own, and you can download movies and music into the Xbox 360, which they will own, and so on and so on.

I mean, you didn't really think Microsoft was interesting in making a game system, did you? Oh no, they are just looking for new markets to conquer and the Xbox 360 is an excellent way to get a "desktop MS device" into your home and then drive you to additional "necessary" MS services. Don't be fooled, Microsoft is using the Xbox 360 as a marketing tool and nothing more...

Well... at least you don't seem bitter about the whole thing. (/sarcasm ;D)

I don't really think the XBox will have any real staying power, especially since learning that the US gaming market is much smaller than I thought, at least in relation to the world market (can't remember which podcast that was). I do think it'll be successful here, especially with the 'now' mentality that's present in both American culture, as well as their advertising. Still, for Microsoft's sake, I do hope they're working on the XBox 3 already, because I imagine Sony will add quite a bit to the table when the PS3 rolls around.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 07:37:16 am »
I am forced to choose be tween SSBM2 and Halo 3.
My life sucks.
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 09:39:45 am »
I am forced to choose be tween SSBM2 and Halo 3.
My life sucks.

SSBM2 all the way

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 01:03:50 pm »
Actually the Xbox still sells like total crap in Japan. That is why the Xbox 360 isn't a gaming machine (have you noticed that they never mention it as a gaming machine?) Rather Microsoft is going to position the Xbox 360 as a "media" machine which also connects you to the internet. The Xbox 360 is going to be a Trojan horse for expanding the services which Microsoft can provide to you.

That is the thing Sony is saying to, The PS3 is NOT a gaming machine", it seems to be the way to go wonder what nintendo will do.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!