Author Topic: The Future of Harry Potter  (Read 28239 times)

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Harry Potter
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2006, 06:57:46 pm »
John Irving and Stephen King just visited her the other day to talk this over with her. Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.

Well see what they told her. Maybe a horror ending... or a final end without a big bloody mess. Que sera, sera  ;)
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.

werechicken

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2006, 04:34:38 am »
John Irving and Stephen King just visited her the other day to talk this over with her. Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.

Well see what they told her. Maybe a horror ending... or a final end without a big bloody mess. Que sera, sera  ;)
I find that hard to beleive, and besides, who are they to tell her what she should and shouldn't write?

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2006, 09:56:02 am »
Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.
First of all, if everyone knows she's going to kill Harry, she's not going to.

Secondly, she wouldn't be continuing anyway; Book 7 was always meant to be the final one.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2006, 10:03:29 am »
Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.

Secondly, she wouldn't be continuing anyway; Book 7 was always meant to be the final one.

There would be a tremendous pressure from her publisher/ fans to make more books if she didn't kill him off. She could refuse, yeah. But the pressure would still be there, and be very annoying.

To resolve this problem, I have taken the liberty of writing book 8:
"On the way out of Hogwarts, a newly graduated wizard, Harry took a sigh of relief because he knew that Voldemort was defeated, with the aid of Professor Snape. He must not have noticed an angry Draco standing a good distance away from him. It wouldn't have mattered if he did see him, though, because Harry tripped on the stairs and died."

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2006, 11:33:21 am »

There would be a tremendous pressure from her publisher/ fans to make more books if she didn't kill him off. She could refuse, yeah. But the pressure would still be there, and be very annoying.

"On the way out of Hogwarts, a newly graduated wizard, Harry took a sigh of relief because he knew that Voldemort was defeated, with the aid of Professor Snape. He must not have noticed an angry Draco standing a good distance away from him. It wouldn't have mattered if he did see him, though, because Harry tripped on the stairs and died."

LOL!

There was a girl I had to work with for a play competition who was convinced that (Possible spoiler alert) Harry is a Horcrux, so therefore, he has to die and that would kill Voldemort. To me, it makes no sense, because the prophecy says that only Harry can kill Voldemort, so if he dies, then Voldemort will still be alive and can become the next Hitler person. But she was a total bitch. Everyone in highschool who wasn't retarded hated her, and she hated the retarded kids that tried to get with her. So don't lister to anything she says.
And with this post, I've opened yet another can of worms.

Friend: I propose a knife fight to decide

Me: But you're the only one of us who carries a knife.

Friend: Correction, four.

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2006, 02:29:20 pm »

...That was the most amazing piece of literature I have ever seen...*sniff* YOU...ARE A GENIOUS! :D
This Post Has Been Officially Sealed By:
The mighty, the magestic, the great, the powerful, the awesome, the strange, the chosen one, the terrific, the outstanding, the joyful, the interesting, the faux egotist, the one and only CC

c14dude

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2006, 04:44:03 pm »
then i'm GENIUS!!

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2006, 05:15:19 pm »
What makes you a genius?

c14dude

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2006, 05:57:05 pm »
well if 762 is a Genious, then i must be a Genius

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2006, 06:40:40 pm »
She was possibly correct. I can see that happening...actually, a kinda decent ending.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2006, 08:36:38 am »
She said she doesn't want some hack picking up the story and ruining it after she goes off to trip the light fantastic. I hope she ends this series in the only decent way possible. Voldermont wins, everyone else dies.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2006, 03:54:12 am »
She said she doesn't want some hack picking up the story and ruining it after she goes off to trip the light fantastic. I hope she ends this series in the only decent way possible. Voldermont wins, everyone else dies.

Imagine the outrage. That would be worse than "ZOMG Snape Killz Dumbledore!!!"

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2006, 08:10:14 am »
"If you want to imagine the future, imagine a wand poking a human face for all eternity..."
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2006, 10:08:06 am »
Funny story: I refused to watch the fourth movie last thanksgiving, so my parents went with me to see RENT while my sister and her friends went to see Goblet of Fire I watched the trailers idly, and when we get to the opening credits, I spot two familiar names, 1492 Productions and Chris Columbus. I nearly burst out laughing at the irony of forsaking one 1492 film for another.

I do not regret disturbing the people around me to this day.

hey, i liked rent!

:-[
*ahem* please carry on...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2006, 10:11:15 am »
I did too. I was laughing at the Irony of it all.

There's nothing shameful in liking good music, and by good music I mean not Rap.