Author Topic: The Future of Harry Potter  (Read 26628 times)

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
The Future of Harry Potter
« on: April 29, 2006, 02:35:04 pm »
JK Rowling has stated numerous times that she doesn't intend to write any more books set in the Harry Potter world after the fifth book and an encyclopedia of stuff that she came up with but didn't put in the books.

Which leads to my question.  What do you think will happen to the Harry Potter copyright after the seventh movie is finished and Rowling lies down on her gigantic nest egg?  It would be a farce if something as popular as HP was locked up forever, and nobody could have permission to use it again--the Harry Potter series is my generation's Star Wars, or at least it has the potential to be.

I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Harry Potter
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 03:29:42 pm »
Why would you want more Harry Potter?

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 05:05:23 pm »
A cartoon will probably be made, and then in 15 years, new movies.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 02:09:51 am »
A cartoon will probably be made, and then in 15 years, new movies.
Not 15... I bet therell be remakes after shes dead though and then we'll all go: 'I remeber the original movies. Daniel radcliff was THE Harry Potter' and so forth (even though he actually sucks)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:02:01 am »
Well, Rowling wouldn't need to write more, ever. She could buy an island in the pacific or a nice apartment in Dubai and live heppily ever after without lifting a finger again. Only authors don't work that way. She'll probably release some more fantasy books with zero magic in them(pun intended), which will be badly recieved, and then she will try to write adult books and fail, and then she will write an autobiography.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 07:09:00 am »
She's not writing anymore boks?! :'(

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 09:03:08 am »
She's not writing anymore boks?! :'(
She never wrote any

As for books shes stopping at 7 (Harry potter at any rate). Judging by the last one she should have stopped at 5

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 09:21:03 am »
Well, everyone knows what happens in the 7th.
<<El Spoilero!>>

Voldermort and harry kill each other and blow up the rest of the wizards, save the weasley twins

Apparently, people broke into ehr hosue and robbed the folder with the ending in.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 01:12:25 pm »
I don't read portugese.

:P

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 01:13:28 pm »
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 01:17:27 pm »
He was making fun of my typo.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 02:26:10 pm »
There will not be anymore books because Harry dies! Duh!

As for dieing. they only way harry can kill val dermort is by dragging him into the vale

And if you didn't know. She says the last word in the book will be scar. What do you think the last sentence is?

I think its ether. “On the babies forehead was a lighting bolt shaped scar” (Ginny’s and Harries  ;D ), or something like “On the tombstone was a lightning shaped scar”. Whatever, those are just two I thought up fast.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 02:29:29 pm by Fink »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 03:17:23 pm »
Guess what just killed everyone? The scar!
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 10:08:49 pm »
I honestly wouldn't care if they stopped making Harry Potter.  No offense to the people who enjoy it.  I watched the movies purely for CGI effects.

Offline God

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Come chat with me!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 09:22:00 am »
Well, Rowling wouldn't need to write more, ever. She could buy an island in the pacific or a nice apartment in Dubai and live heppily ever after without lifting a finger again. Only authors don't work that way. She'll probably release some more fantasy books with zero magic in them(pun intended), which will be badly recieved, and then she will try to write adult books and fail, and then she will write an autobiography.

Huggkruka, You have the psychic touch.

Oh, and Harry doesn't die, Snape sacrifices himself to save Harry at the end. She writes a new series of wizards books, called "Adventures at Hogwarts" after she writes her autobiography, that is a seven book prequel to her original seven. They too are turned into movies, and all the fans of the original hate it.
Please, lets not bring religion into this...
yayyyaaa yaayaaaa yaayaaaa yaayyayy yyayyyyy yayyayay yaayaaaa yaayyyay

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 12:48:53 pm »
she doesn't intend to write any more books set in the Harry Potter world after the fifth book

Fifth huh? Wow, wierd how she's already written 6...and the 7th is on the way. She's not only richer then the Queen of England (she might be after the last movie and book), but also has the ability to travel through time.

I didn't look too hard but here's how much she was worth last year: £500,000,000 or $920,331,650.40. I don't believe that includes her latest book or movie release.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 01:05:55 pm »
JK Rowling has stated numerous times that she doesn't intend to write any more books set in the Harry Potter world after the fifth book and an encyclopedia of stuff that she came up with but didn't put in the books.

Which leads to my question.  What do you think will happen to the Harry Potter copyright after the seventh movie is finished and Rowling lies down on her gigantic nest egg?  It would be a farce if something as popular as HP was locked up forever, and nobody could have permission to use it again--the Harry Potter series is my generation's Star Wars, or at least it has the potential to be.

It doesn't just have the potential to be; it is, and it'll probably end up being a little bigger when all is said and done. Besides, Star Wars should have died after the 1st three films. Also, Harry Potter is going to have seven films while Star Wars only has six, so it's not like it 'has potential.' It's met its potential and then some.

And I hope she never writes another Harry Potter related book after the 7th, and that she never leases out the universe for other writers to defame and destroy.

werechicken

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 04:38:12 am »
I have an idea for the title: Harry Potter and the death of the golden coporate goose

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 02:42:03 pm »
She shouldn't have written another book after the fifth one.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 10:48:30 pm »
She shouldn't have written another book after the fifth one.

Good one. Seven books were planned from the beginning though.

Offline WiiForever

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 08:12:15 pm »
No, no. It's all a plot by Dumnledore to take over the world. One chapter he's gonna be missing from the coffin and later he'll pop up after Voldemort is dead, cause he can't kill him himself. Turns out he was making horcrux things of his own. Then he's gonna try and kill Harry after Harry is no longer useful to him. Why do you think people say he acts so evil in the Movies?

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 09:09:51 am »
Hermionie: "You did it Harry, Voldemort is dead!"
Harry: "Yeah, but so is Ron and Neville(this gives the book a "darker" twist, thus ensuring the book is higher literature)"
Hermione: "And Dumbledore... Snape killed him."
ZombieDumbledore: "Not well enough, I'm afraid!"

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 09:39:05 am »
Harry: "Yeah, but so is Ron and Neville(this gives the book a "darker" twist, thus ensuring the book is higher literature)"

Alas! I still wear my grave clothes!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 01:50:41 pm »

This was a funny comment at first. But then I realized I heard it with Richard Harris's voice and it became not funny....:(

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 05:16:58 am »

This was a funny comment at first. But then I realized I heard it with Richard Harris's voice and it became not funny....:(

Oops, my bad. :-[

I meant in the Potter Puppet Pals sense...

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 08:11:00 am »
No worries, man. Just had this mental image of laughing at Richard Harris saying that line and then realized how sad that was, and promptly felt guilty for laughing at it. Not your fault.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 03:40:35 am »
I never thought much of the books or the movies, the whole thing just seemed too ridiculous to me.  Even if most of this stuff did exist, who would call it "humplyduff" or whatever.  All of the names for things she uses are just cringe worthy.  She uses the exact same plot device in every book as well, the bad guy is ALWAYS the person you least expect.  My brother was reading the fifth book when it came out, and within the first day he was like, "it's the mouse".  When it becomes that predictable for a 12 year old, you know you have a problem.  And what was up with the bad guy in the third one being called "Lupin"?  Could he possibly be a werewolf?  hmm..

At the very least, I'll have some respect for the series and the author if it stops after the seventh like she said.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 09:13:00 am »
Has anyone said

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

yet? I'm too lazy to check.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 09:22:10 am »
I dont think so
Bellatrix Kills Sirius

oops.

Offline Hiro Protagonist

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 09:29:08 pm »
'Good things don't last forever' pretty much sums up my feelings on the future of Harry Potter. It's had a good run, but I think the author understands the importance of ending something on a good note. It's much preferred to ending up like one of the authors that have fans screaming at them to finish it already because of how ridiculously long a story has gone on. Too many authors tarnish prior works because they seemingly do not know how to let go.  Harry should go out with a big bang just like Calvin and Hobbes did, instead of living on in monotony.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 06:33:11 am »
'Good things don't last forever' pretty much sums up my feelings on the future of Harry Potter. It's had a good run, but I think the author understands the importance of ending something on a good note. It's much preferred to ending up like one of the authors that have fans screaming at them to finish it already because of how ridiculously long a story has gone on. Too many authors tarnish prior works because they seemingly do not know how to let go.  Harry should go out with a big bang just like Calvin and Hobbes did, instead of living on in monotony.
*ahem* Robert Jordan *ahem*

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 09:51:03 am »
i think rowling will heed her fans and she'll make the seventh book an erotic fan fiction

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 07:18:34 am »
i think rowling will heed her fans and she'll make the seventh book an erotic fan fiction

Problem is, no matter what she writes someone will have written it before.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 09:09:48 am »
http://fullmetalcongress.ytmnd.com/ WARNING there is swearing and spoilers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 03:47:46 pm by Mr. Wizard »

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2006, 01:23:08 pm »
Omg... that was so hilarious!

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 09:09:51 pm »
I've got a fiver on Harry ending Book 7 as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts, since the revolving DADA post was a recurring theme of the other books.... Surely after any fight against Valdemort, he'd be qualified...

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2006, 08:44:46 am »
I've got a fiver on Harry ending Book 7 as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts, since the revolving DADA post was a recurring theme of the other books.... Surely after any fight against Valdemort, he'd be qualified...

If he lives, maybe ... but honestly, after all the crap he's been through and how little actual help he's gotten from the Ministry, I think I'd tell them all to go to hell and move somewhere remote ... like the Bahamas.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 09:02:32 am »

If he lives, maybe ... but honestly, after all the crap he's been through and how little actual help he's gotten from the Ministry, I think I'd tell them all to go to hell and move somewhere remote ... like the Bahamas.

I think its a great idea! After all, he was having a good time teaching the DA!

Offline Hiro Protagonist

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 09:40:18 pm »

That's the theory I've followed all this time...it almost seems too obvious though. I wonder about him surviving as well, because I've read that apparently british authors have a reputation for sad endings? One thing I am more certain of is that Voldemort will die.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 09:43:42 pm »
I think its a great idea! After all, he was having a good time teaching the DA!

Odds are this kid is going to get the piss knocked out of him more than a couple of times in the final book alone. He'll likely lose friends, loved ones; he might even die or at the very least come insanely close to it. From a realistic standpoint, I can't fathom him wanting anything to do with much of this magic stuff after all of this. The sheer misery it's going to bring him ... if I were him, I'd leave. I'd just up and leave and tell them not to look for me. Maybe take my friends with me, but I wouldn't stick around England, not with the Ministry filled with as many worthless people as it is. Those people would never let him find peace.

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 01:28:47 am »
hmm, well i kinda liked.... the books too.

Does anyone have any ACTUAL spoilers?
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 07:07:22 am »
Voldemort dies in the last book.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 07:55:29 am »
Voldemort dies in the last book.

:o

Can't be. As a general rule, Ralph Fiennes cannot die.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 08:25:21 am »
Has anyone said

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

yet? I'm too lazy to check.

Noooooo! You bitch! YOU BITCH!!!!

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 10:20:32 am »
I always spoil a book for one of my family members then I get in trouble for being a jerk
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 09:22:31 pm »
I always spoil a book for one of my family members then I get in trouble for being a jerk

Have you read the bible?

ZOMG! JEWS KILL JESUS!

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 12:07:43 am »
Noooo! You b'tch!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 03:27:08 am »

Have you read the bible?

ZOMG! JEWS KILL JESUS!
You lie:
ROMANS DO IT!

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2006, 08:54:08 am »
Uh, yeah. Jesus was Jewish. Unless that was a joke I didn't get.

werechicken

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2006, 05:08:48 pm »
oh, in case anyones bothered, she said she seriously considered killing Harry of just so that no one else can write any more books, but decided against anything definate because she couldn't be bothered dealing with all the hate mail, somehow I doubt that there will be books after the seventh set in the hogwarts

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2006, 11:33:11 pm »

Going back to this, because it was bothering me....JKR already said that Harry would not become a teacher...can't find the exact quote now. Something about how he would personally want something a bit more exciting.
This Post Has Been Officially Sealed By:
The mighty, the magestic, the great, the powerful, the awesome, the strange, the chosen one, the terrific, the outstanding, the joyful, the interesting, the faux egotist, the one and only CC

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2006, 11:37:22 pm »
I hate Harry Potter. I hate the series. I can't stand to watch the movies. It all makes me sick. Listening to people talk about how "great" it is when really it's ****, makes me sick. Nothing will make me happier when there's no more Harry Potter and I never have to think about it again.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2006, 05:43:49 am »
If she kills Harry, chances are great J K Rowling will crash her car somewhere in Northern Scotland some day, only to be taken in by an obese psychopath who INSISTS she will write book number 8, in which Harry lives.

(1 bonus point for those who get the reference)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2006, 05:44:37 am »
If she kills Harry, chances are great J K Rowling will crash her car somewhere in Northern Scotland some day, only to be taken in by an obese psychopath who INSISTS she will write book number 8, in which Harry lives.

With legs broken by a sledgehammer so she can't escape.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2006, 05:48:21 am »
BONUS POINT!

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2006, 02:40:35 pm »
I hate Harry Potter. I hate the series. I can't stand to watch the movies. It all makes me sick. Listening to people talk about how "great" it is when really it's ****, makes me sick. Nothing will make me happier when there's no more Harry Potter and I never have to think about it again.

*Bows down*

Oh great wonderful Necro! Your opinion is great and true. We must convince the unbelievers that no matter what you say it has to be true!

/sarcasm

Seriously, if you don't like the subject, stay out of the topic

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2006, 05:13:45 pm »

I half-agree with this post. The movies are crap-tastic. If WB hadn't been hanging around 4-Retards... I mean 4-Kids... for so **** long that it felt that kids don't read and it should censor any references to Harry Potter being from *Gasp* another country, maybe they would have been okay and pleasant Thanksgiving diversions.

However, I like the books; they're normally a good summertime diversion. I love the fluidity of the story and the characters are more dimensional than they are in crap-fest that is the movie.

Funny story: I refused to watch the fourth movie last thanksgiving, so my parents went with me to see RENT while my sister and her friends went to see Goblet of Fire I watched the trailers idly, and when we get to the opening credits, I spot two familiar names, 1492 Productions and Chris Columbus. I nearly burst out laughing at the irony of forsaking one 1492 film for another.

I do not regret disturbing the people around me to this day.
And with this post, I've opened yet another can of worms.

Friend: I propose a knife fight to decide

Me: But you're the only one of us who carries a knife.

Friend: Correction, four.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2006, 02:35:11 pm »
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the movies.

I like the books a lot more. It's hard for a movie, neigh imposable to be as good as a book.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2006, 02:22:45 pm »

Misery. An easy reference. Shame i'm slow.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

c14dude

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2006, 08:53:14 pm »

Misery. An easy reference. Shame i'm slow.

that was a cool movie.....anyways, that would be awsome if she killed off harry! what a great ending for a such a fun series of books

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2006, 06:57:46 pm »
John Irving and Stephen King just visited her the other day to talk this over with her. Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.

Well see what they told her. Maybe a horror ending... or a final end without a big bloody mess. Que sera, sera  ;)
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.

werechicken

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2006, 04:34:38 am »
John Irving and Stephen King just visited her the other day to talk this over with her. Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.

Well see what they told her. Maybe a horror ending... or a final end without a big bloody mess. Que sera, sera  ;)
I find that hard to beleive, and besides, who are they to tell her what she should and shouldn't write?

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2006, 09:56:02 am »
Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.
First of all, if everyone knows she's going to kill Harry, she's not going to.

Secondly, she wouldn't be continuing anyway; Book 7 was always meant to be the final one.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2006, 10:03:29 am »
Seems they are not so happy that she will kill Harry... and mostly because she doesn't want to continue.

Secondly, she wouldn't be continuing anyway; Book 7 was always meant to be the final one.

There would be a tremendous pressure from her publisher/ fans to make more books if she didn't kill him off. She could refuse, yeah. But the pressure would still be there, and be very annoying.

To resolve this problem, I have taken the liberty of writing book 8:
"On the way out of Hogwarts, a newly graduated wizard, Harry took a sigh of relief because he knew that Voldemort was defeated, with the aid of Professor Snape. He must not have noticed an angry Draco standing a good distance away from him. It wouldn't have mattered if he did see him, though, because Harry tripped on the stairs and died."

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2006, 11:33:21 am »

There would be a tremendous pressure from her publisher/ fans to make more books if she didn't kill him off. She could refuse, yeah. But the pressure would still be there, and be very annoying.

"On the way out of Hogwarts, a newly graduated wizard, Harry took a sigh of relief because he knew that Voldemort was defeated, with the aid of Professor Snape. He must not have noticed an angry Draco standing a good distance away from him. It wouldn't have mattered if he did see him, though, because Harry tripped on the stairs and died."

LOL!

There was a girl I had to work with for a play competition who was convinced that (Possible spoiler alert) Harry is a Horcrux, so therefore, he has to die and that would kill Voldemort. To me, it makes no sense, because the prophecy says that only Harry can kill Voldemort, so if he dies, then Voldemort will still be alive and can become the next Hitler person. But she was a total bitch. Everyone in highschool who wasn't retarded hated her, and she hated the retarded kids that tried to get with her. So don't lister to anything she says.

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2006, 02:29:20 pm »

...That was the most amazing piece of literature I have ever seen...*sniff* YOU...ARE A GENIOUS!  :D
This Post Has Been Officially Sealed By:
The mighty, the magestic, the great, the powerful, the awesome, the strange, the chosen one, the terrific, the outstanding, the joyful, the interesting, the faux egotist, the one and only CC

c14dude

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2006, 04:44:03 pm »
then i'm GENIUS!!

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2006, 05:15:19 pm »
What makes you a genius?

c14dude

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2006, 05:57:05 pm »
well if 762 is a Genious, then i must be a Genius

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2006, 06:40:40 pm »
She was possibly correct. I can see that happening...actually, a kinda decent ending.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2006, 08:36:38 am »
She said she doesn't want some hack picking up the story and ruining it after she goes off to trip the light fantastic. I hope she ends this series in the only decent way possible. Voldermont wins, everyone else dies.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2006, 03:54:12 am »
She said she doesn't want some hack picking up the story and ruining it after she goes off to trip the light fantastic. I hope she ends this series in the only decent way possible. Voldermont wins, everyone else dies.

Imagine the outrage. That would be worse than "ZOMG Snape Killz Dumbledore!!!"

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2006, 08:10:14 am »
"If you want to imagine the future, imagine a wand poking a human face for all eternity..."

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2006, 10:08:06 am »
Funny story: I refused to watch the fourth movie last thanksgiving, so my parents went with me to see RENT while my sister and her friends went to see Goblet of Fire I watched the trailers idly, and when we get to the opening credits, I spot two familiar names, 1492 Productions and Chris Columbus. I nearly burst out laughing at the irony of forsaking one 1492 film for another.

I do not regret disturbing the people around me to this day.

hey, i liked rent!

:-[
*ahem* please carry on...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2006, 10:11:15 am »
I did too. I was laughing at the Irony of it all.

There's nothing shameful in liking good music, and by good music I mean not Rap.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2006, 06:39:42 pm »
On a tangential note, did you guys know that Rowling wanted Terry Gilliam (Brazil, Monty Python and the Holy Grail) to direct the Harry Potter movies, but Warner Brothers insisted on using the guy who did Home Alone, instead?

I just found this out.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2006, 03:38:25 am »
Terry Gilliam would have been good. I like his films. He did Baron Munchhausen didnt he?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 08:38:17 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2006, 08:22:47 am »
Terry Gilliam would have been good. I like his folms. He did the Brothers Grimm didnt he?

Fixed, for timeliness.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2006, 08:38:46 am »
I havent seen the brothers Grimm. But I really liked Baron Munchhausen.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2006, 02:30:13 pm »
Terry Gilliam would have been good. I like his folms. He did the Brothers Grimm didnt he?

Fixed, for timeliness.
Hush. Let us never speak of that.  >:(

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2006, 03:38:23 pm »
Harrys going to get it on with Hermione and they have kids that get it on with magic...

what would it be like doing it, but you're magical!?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2006, 05:08:55 pm »
Harrys going to get it on with Hermione and they have kids that get it on with magic...

what would it be like doing it, but you're magical!?

*cue 70's porno music* ;)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2006, 07:55:21 pm »
I think its looking good.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2006, 11:23:51 am »
for once i go into the books forum and i read this...forget it im not coming here....ever :P at least not in the books section

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2006, 09:47:19 am »

Fixed, for timeliness.
Hush. Let us never speak of that.  >:(

Just saying that he seems to have lost his touch, if Grimm is any indication.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2006, 06:52:05 pm »
Maybe so... :(

Wait WAIT!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0355295/

There is still hope! According to IMDb, he didn't actually write Grimm!

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2007, 10:47:49 am »
If I were J. K. Rowling, when the 7th movie was made, I wouldn't make any more books except a spinoff here and there, but make sure that the rest of the franchise continued.  Then, When I was the richest person on the face of the Earth, I would make a Man-made Island off the coast of Scotland, and make it my own country, and name it "Rowling".
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2007, 10:59:35 am »
Oh, and Harry doesn't die, Snape sacrifices himself to save Harry at the end.
So close!

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2007, 04:20:11 pm »
*cries at the multitude of HP threads*

*Notices that this thread is from September of '06*

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2007, 06:31:33 pm »
As much as I hate doing this, I noticed something... Didn't someone say they have a bitch-friend who thought that Harry would turn out to be a Horcrux? Is your friend psychic?

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2007, 06:34:18 pm »
As much as I hate doing this, I noticed something... Didn't someone say they have a bitch-friend who thought that Harry would turn out to be a Horcrux? Is your friend psychic?
I personally think J.K. was lying when she said she had Book 7 planned and she just wanted to make the Harry Potter Theory-Writers happy.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2007, 07:47:30 pm »

I believe that was me..I think. And I think that rowling molded the book to suit the "theory-writers"/fanfic writers.