Author Topic: Deal or No Deal UK Game - SABOTAGE!  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Rct2mad

• Ultima Lord
  • =)
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Galore (Link may not work)
Deal or No Deal UK Game - SABOTAGE!
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:45:08 pm »
Hi all,

If you are in the UK and watched Deal or No Deal TONIGHT then this thread refers to you. If not you are welcome to post your thoughts anyway  :)

Ok, to the business:

Do you think that the encounter that happened on todays show was sabotage or accident? Personally I think sabotage. The seal doesnt come off that easily and why else would it (the box) be facing the contestant. It ruined Massimo's game completely .... poor chap!

(To all of you that didnt see it, the player (Massimo) had a VERY good start, and hit another blue box (thats good) when suddenly the crew flooded into the studio, you heard the voice of the crew member and one of the boxes had been unopened somehow and was laying on the floor. Everyone saw the contents of it, and all of the boxes had to be reshuffled. So, that meant that Massimo might of had the 250,000 in his box and just lost ALOT of money :( And yes, that was alot of drama)

Thoughts please
Rct2mad

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Deal or No Deal UK Game - SABOTAGE!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 02:25:51 pm »
This needs moving to the TV section.

I havent watched that show but apparently its really arbitrary and stupid but also strangely compelling.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 04:24:30 am »
Before Christmas practically half the college would watch this show, it was awesome. Someone even made a calculator to suggest when you should deal and what the banker's next offer should be. Then we got bored of it.

I missed this episode, btw.

werechicken

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 05:39:22 am »
look stuff likes this happens, I remember when Derrin Brown did that russian roulette thing, and everybody said that was a fake

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 03:24:06 pm »
This show has too much drama for me. And I don't really like game shows.

Anyway, what happened? Did they just end the game? Why did they even air it then?

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 09:58:38 am »
This show has too much drama for me. And I don't really like game shows.

Anyway, what happened? Did they just end the game? Why did they even air it then?

It's live.   :)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 02:06:34 am »
how many 'special event' type things are there in the uk version? in oz we've got the 'super case' and 'double or nothing'.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 03:18:06 am »
I dont think there are any. I watched it for the first time the other day. The people who play that game should not be allowed to reproduce.
I mean, saying good luck before opening a box which may or may not have a decnt prize in it? Gullible, gullible people.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 08:56:21 am »
I dont think there are any. I watched it for the first time the other day. The people who play that game should not be allowed to reproduce.
I mean, saying good luck before opening a box which may or may not have a decnt prize in it? Gullible, gullible people.

At the same time you have a chance to win $1,000,000 by just shouting out numbers. I don't see much wrong with that... (The US version is hosted by Howie Mandel)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master