Author Topic: So, Peacetime?  (Read 9349 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: So, Peacetime?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2006, 12:04:40 pm »
Couldnt you just make the ships less powerful

That would be ideal, but everyone seems obsessed with having uber ships.

The weapons ive made up to go on my ships are just little pea shooters compared to everyone's 'Wormhole singularity cannons' and the strippers arent even effective against other ships. You can just nerf the ViS ships and increase the numbers by some huge amount. make them like tie fighters, there are loads of them but one on one an X-wing could hand a tie fighter its metallic spacecraft ass.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2006, 12:06:16 pm »
OK then I'll spill the beans about what the angels feather is;
It's an ancient precursor device that seems to be designed to prevent a planetary invasion, it creates an energy field around a planet that simply rips apart anything entering the upper atmosphere, the caarnth are using it to deny the Halycon coporation access to the planet below.
also while the number of caarnth ships is on quite big, only about a tenth will go to the wexxian system, every one happy now?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006, 12:13:43 pm »
Here's what I think should be involved in the battle from each side in the interests of balance:
These are ratios, not absolute numbers. If you want more of your ships, be prepared to have more of everyone else's ships as well. This is based on my assessment of your ships' power in their descriptions.

Naucean
0.1 Mother Sphere or equivalent

Oifan-Umtag:
1 Assault cruiser or equivalent.

ViS
1 capital ship or equivalent

Caarnth:
15 Drone attack cruisers or equivalent

Urshan:
10 Battleships or equivalent

Kaldri:
0.5 Titan ships or equivalent

Icthian:
20 Carriers or equivalent

Auyuelcliad:
10 Heavy battleships or equivalent

Fuffel:
1 Destroyer or equivalent

I don't have details on Torpal ships (or other races) to make a decision on. I've just taken everything from the Vehicles thread.

Edit: We'd have to change this further to even up the sides, because there are more LAH people here than Halcyon.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:20:05 pm by Daxx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 12:15:56 pm »
The fuffel are just going to wade in and start blasting arent they?... oh boy!  ;D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 12:17:37 pm »
while the Nauncians devour anything follish enough to come close, is this the ships going to the Wexxian system by the way?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 12:19:32 pm »
while the Nauncians devour anything follish enough to come close, is this the ships going to the Wexxian system by the way?

Pretty much - the Icthian ships in Aegis are going to get pwned by the Naucean mother sphere as soon as they work out what's going on.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006, 12:20:09 pm »
The fuffel are just going to wade in and start blasting arent they?... oh boy! ;D

you got it

I would imagine that the Naucean Mother Sphere would arrive at the very last moment to save the day because it is so overpowered

werechicken

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006, 12:23:46 pm »

Pretty much - the Icthian ships in Aegis are going to get pwned by the Naucean mother sphere as soon as they work out what's going on.

In that case I'd probably scale down the number of Caarnth ships, maybe only 10 - don't forget they've just had a pretty big scare and aren't going  to many ships, also they've got a bit of work on their hands, wiping out all the Halycon bases in their sector.
"toxin away boys!"

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006, 12:25:32 pm »
Let's say about three times what's in my estimate would be fighting at the Wexxian system. Anyone else have an opinion?

Edit: Maybe there would be slightly fewer Caarnth. We'll sort it out once we've worked out the scale and decided which side everyone's on. Also, no more toxin. I still want my race intact at the end of this. I think the Nauceans should save the day by curing all the infected Halcyon employees at the last minute just before the Halcyon fleet wins.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:30:36 pm by Daxx »

werechicken

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2006, 12:33:14 pm »
yeah that does sound better than the Caarnth simply killing every halycon employee in their sector, do how many other races are in the caarnth sector as employees of the halycon coporation? and how much of the icthian race are employees?

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006, 12:34:31 pm »
If I'm going to be in this battle, then my only ship will be my awesome Titan Capital Ship: Bringer of Serenity.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2006, 12:37:32 pm »
Pretty much every single Icthian is infected by now.

The Bringer of Serenity can be there - if it's your only ship that means we're looking at about 3 times my estimate.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006, 12:39:56 pm »
Excellent.. Perfect place to test my particle accelerator.

Edit: Daxx, come on IRC.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:42:25 pm by SmileyMan »

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 12:40:27 pm »
Can I bring the Squillisk in? they dont' have big ships. I could see them sending in about 20 Eviscerator class ones. They aren't big, or overpowered. Their main weapons are just heat lasers and small pods filled with Space Marines.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 12:42:24 pm »
That would make about 10 of them about equivalent to a ViS Capital ship, right?