Author Topic: XBOX LIVE arcade games.  (Read 41457 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: XBOX LIVE arcade games.
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2008, 03:17:32 pm »
Yeah I do find it odd, a game from Penny Aracade, who usally get up in peoples grills about over charging us little people for games, and yet they put out the most expensive game on arcade? I don't get it, but then again this game could have cost a lot more money to make then most arcade games so who knows?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2008, 03:44:35 pm »
How big is the game? (File size I mean)

I heard they just upped the size limit (thank you crappy core unit)
So I suppose this is more of a full game, but I think this is only episode one, right?

Do you think they will all be $20, or will be like add-on packs for this one? That would make sense so you could keep your character.

Hmmmm

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2008, 06:44:25 pm »
I think it came in at 156-ish, but you can check for yourself on live. Yes it's only one episode the 2nd one is coming this fall sometime. I think it's very possible for all of them to be $20 but it would be nice if they dropped the price to $15 or $12. As far as character saves go, they've said that they will transfer over from game to game and that you can also start up from scratch from any episode with having playing the earlier ones.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:42 pm »
It would be brilliant if Microsoft were to reverse their policy regarding the hard drive and make it mandatory for some games. I doubt they will to be honest though - Halo would have been the game to do it with if they were going to go that way. Still, the size limit is now seven times what it once was so that's progress I suppose.

I bought Penny Arcade Adventures too, 1600 points is a lot but to be fair it just brings it in line with the PC/Mac version price wise. It's about 150MB or 160MB as Santa says.

I really enjoyed it I have to say - my thoughts are pretty much identical to Santa's. There were several moments when I genuinely laughed out loud and I really liked the characters. The combat was a bit less successful - it was very difficult managing attacks and inventory and blocks all at the same time. As I'm playing on an SDTV I also found the icons for special attacks to be very hard to read so I pretty much went with pot luck when choosing special attacks. I'd have preferred turn-based combat I think. I liked the environments a lot and I'm not really upset by how few there are given that it's episodic.

I wouldn't say I'd recommend it unequivocally to anyone, especially at 1600 Special Dollars, but I did really enjoy it and if you like Penny Arcade you'll probably like this.

I'll be interested to see how well they stick to a release schedule and if Microsoft's XBLA release schedule will match it.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2008, 02:32:03 am »
I love the style of the Penny Arcade game, and it is really funny, however, like everyone else has said, the gameplay itself isn't brilliant.  It's probably worth the money for the story alone, but I can't justify paying that much for the first part of a game, I think I'm going to wait and see if they release it on disc as one big collection when all the episodes have been released.

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2008, 06:48:07 am »
I think I'm going to wait and see if they release it on disc as one big collection when all the episodes have been released.

Ooh, they blatantly will! Damn, I wish I'd though of that before forking out my 1600 points. :(
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2008, 06:14:53 pm »
Ticket to Ride is coming this week to XBLA! It even has 4 player offline! I'm hoping they release the other boards as DLC, because I don't want to have to spend $30-$40 dollars to buy the real analog versions.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2008, 05:58:56 am »
Ticket to Ride is coming this week to XBLA! It even has 4 player offline! I'm hoping they release the other boards as DLC, because I don't want to have to spend $30-$40 dollars to buy the real analog versions.

I downloaded it yesterday.

It's a fun game, but I always seam to lose  :-\

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2008, 05:28:49 pm »
I love this game, I have the PC version too.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2008, 06:38:16 pm »
I bought it too.

If anyone wants to play hit me up  :)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2008, 03:25:29 am »
The original Soulcalibur for the Dreamcast is up, for just 800 points.  I haven't tried it yet, but from what I hear it has botched wide screen support, no online play and has lost the Mission mode, although all the unlockables are still in, just unlocked from the start.  Clearly a very rushed job, and I'm not sure it's worth it with so many missing features, but it's still Soulcalibur..

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2008, 05:32:46 pm »
Cool, the Europe board is much harder.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2008, 09:18:06 pm »
Cool, the Europe board is much harder.

Your right... is that a loop I see o.O

Anyway, I need more points! For this, and the puzzle quest expansion.... I swear I spend more money on arcade games then on normal games.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2008, 10:48:06 am »
Ohh here are the games that are coming this coming month

*  July 30: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
    * August 6: Braid
    * August 13: Bionic Commando Rearmed
    * August 20: Galaga Legions
    * August 27: Castle Crashers

There some good games there, I'll probably be getting at least 2 or 3.

*EDIT*

Apperntly if you play the demos the week they come out you can win stuff like points or a free 360 or a live memberships. in other news I jsut got 3 free months of XBL for some gta contest I don't remember entering, so entering.

**edit**
GW2 is so good. I've unlocked all the modes and there are some really hard/fun ones. So everyone so go download it now!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:34:18 am by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures