Author Topic: XBOX LIVE arcade games.  (Read 41911 times)

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
XBOX LIVE arcade games.
« on: April 22, 2006, 12:04:14 am »
What arcade games is everyone playing? I got marble blast ultra and am really happy with that, and i did try geometry wars and i don't know if i want to buy it, is it much better if you have the full version?

Offline lowestformofwit

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: XBOX LIVE arcade games.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 02:52:52 pm »
What arcade games is everyone playing? I got marble blast ultra and am really happy with that, and i did try geometry wars and i don't know if i want to buy it, is it much better if you have the full version?

As an educational game developer I struggle every day with the hardest part of game development, the mastery level.

When you create a game you can't make it too hard or people will be put off, but you can't make it too easy otherwise people will get bored.  It's very difficult to find the balance.

Geo Wars Evo has found the balance and danced on top of it.  It astounds me how well the game has been balanced.  When you first try the trial version you really stuggle to make it past the time limit but as you practise you get better and better.

I'm no expert at it and have a piddly little score of 688,000 but I know with more practise I will only get better at it, and that is the mark of a truly amazing little game.

Not to mention it's an absolute bargain at 400 points...
Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a FLASK.

What wouldst thou do?
>_

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 03:40:30 pm »
I play geo wars until my hands hurt, that's about half a hour, lots of thumb twitching. Any way get the game play it, love it, and then play again because your highest score isn't high enough. So far my high score is around 1.3 mil and I'm ranked around the 3800's, but i can do better, I must do better those shapes are laughing at me, I 'll show them I'll show them all. They're like "Look at us, there's 200 of us on the screen and we're going to get that little ship of yours." then I'm like, "Catch me if you can suckers" and they case me but I juke at the last second and they all go into a black whole then I'm the one who's laughing at them because they just got crushed by gravity. Then they come back for more, they chase me and try to surround me and just when they think they finally got me I hit my bomb and blow them away into innerspace and I'm like "oh snap look who just got served! I think there are some fifth graders that need to learn the difference between a oval and a parallelogram suckers."

anyway get the game it's fun
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 04:55:11 pm »
I play geo wars until my hands hurt, that's about half a hour, lots of thumb twitching. Any way get the game play it, love it, and then play again because your highest score isn't high enough. So far my high score is around 1.3 mil and I'm ranked around the 3800's, but i can do better, I must do better those shapes are laughing at me, I 'll show them I'll show them all. They're like "Look at us, there's 200 of us on the screen and we're going to get that little ship of yours." then I'm like, "Catch me if you can suckers" and they case me but I juke at the last second and they all go into a black whole then I'm the one who's laughing at them because they just got crushed by gravity. Then they come back for more, they chase me and try to surround me and just when they think they finally got me I hit my bomb and blow them away into innerspace and I'm like "oh snap look who just got served! I think there are some fifth graders that need to learn the difference between a oval and a parallelogram suckers."

anyway get the game it's fun

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 08:23:13 pm »
I couldn't have said it better myself.

After I wrote that I had to change my avatar. ;D
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 09:04:10 pm »

I only have Hexic and Geometry wars and I'm having fun with them.  But I really want Marble blast ultra but idk if I want to spend 800 MSpts (I have 1100).  Would you recomend that even if I wouldn't be able to get any more pts for a few months?

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 09:30:55 pm »
Try the demo out. It's all about time trials so if you like beating the clock go for it. It does offer lots of challenge once you pass the easy levels and multiplayer isn't bad either.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 04:51:21 pm »

I only have Hexic and Geometry wars and I'm having fun with them.  But I really want Marble blast ultra but idk if I want to spend 800 MSpts (I have 1100).  Would you recomend that even if I wouldn't be able to get any more pts for a few months?

I really like it myself i would just get it if i were you its my favorite thing on the arcade, and i think the game is allot better than the demo and the demo is not very representative of the game.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox Live Gamer Cards
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 10:39:30 pm »
I cant get a card >:( im not old enough that's gay why do you need to be 18 to subscribe >:(.I want a xbox 360 but i wont be geting 1 till my birthday which is in november :'(.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 11:01:15 pm »
Are these arcade game's built in to your Xbox360 or do you buy them in store's?

P.S.Sorry i dont have a Xbox360 so i dont know every thing about it yet.

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 11:02:08 pm »
I cant get a card >:( im not old enough that's gay why do you need to be 18 to subscribe >:(.I want a xbox 360 but i wont be geting 1 till my birthday which is in november :'(.

just lie about your age, i said i was born in 1980(27) when in fact i was born in 1989(16) do you think they will somehow know, or care for that matter?

PS. how did someone get 16000+ points already Jesus Christ.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 11:19:16 pm »
Ah ok ;D i will do that thank's.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 11:29:47 pm »
Damn i dont know where to go :'( could some one link me to the page plz?

EDIT-Where does it say age :-[.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:33:06 pm by luke »

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 07:33:53 am »
Are these arcade game's built in to your Xbox360 or do you buy them in store's?

P.S.Sorry i dont have a Xbox360 so i dont know every thing about it yet.

You buy and download them for about 5-10$ each online using the Xbox live marketplace.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 08:52:54 am »
Oh ok then thank's MetallicDragon.Are they worth buying.