Author Topic: Can anyone help me remember this show?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Can anyone help me remember this show?
« on: April 27, 2006, 04:59:44 pm »
Now please bear with me. The show itself I remember.. But I can't remember the name at all. I'll tell you what I do remember, and if anyone could tell me what the show was I would be very grateful.

The show was out in I believe the early or mid 90's. I know it aired in Canada on YTV. The main cast was Australian. It was live action, not animated.

The basic story (that I can remember, went like this. There was a brilliant scientist with two kids. He worked for the evil company.  He also built the Huge computer with (I think) a very advanced AI. In the pilot episode the scientist dies (or goes missing?). And an important satellite he designed falls out of the sky. In the satellite is a piece of hardware. The AI tells the kids that it had instructions for the kids to find the satellite if anything happened to their father, and retrieve the important hardware. So the kids get there and there are people from the company looking for the same thing. The kids were able to secure the hardware and attached it to their supercomputer. (this is still all in the pilot episode)

With the hardware the kids could (I think) then access an array of other satelites. With this ability they started a crime fighting organization that spanned the world. They gave other kids special devices so they cal all communicate with each other. And every episode some kids in a different part of the world had to fight the bad guys (I don't remember if they were fighting the big evil company or bad guys in general).

I know it sounds out there, but I used to watch the show whenever I could, and after all these years not only can I still not remember the name, I get blank stares when trying to explain the show.I'd love any help  :-\
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 05:01:27 pm by Interitus »

My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help me remember this show?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:00:55 pm »
Can you remember anything such as character names?

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 02:19:55 pm »
No I can't remember any names or anything. I need a list of kids TV shows out of Australia during the 90's.. if I read through the titles maybe one will jumpstart my memory..
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 07:12:53 am »
round the twist?
anny and jools?
finders keepers?
cant remember any others, do a search but i assume u all ready did that
Under construction

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 07:42:00 am »
round the twist?

Awesome, awesome show.
Quite possibly the best thing to ever come out of Australia (You can have Rolf Harris back  :P)

However, I dont think its what Interitus is describing. Round the Twist was more of a twilight zone style anthology show with persistent characters and settings.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline The dome

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 08:00:05 am »
"have you ever, ever felt like this? do strange things happen? are you going round the twist?"

anyway

i dont think that was it either.
Member 712

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 07:06:31 am »
All of the best kids shows come from Australia, apparently. I don't remember that one, though...

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 03:51:43 am »
open wide
come inside
it's playschool
 ;D