Poll

Syria?

Yes
6 (24%)
No
19 (76%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 383201 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Politics
« Reply #5040 on: January 22, 2017, 08:22:41 am »
we're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: January 22, 2017, 11:12:53 am »
They swiped my pikanik basket!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: January 22, 2017, 12:43:41 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrEEDQgFc8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrEEDQgFc8</a>
Probably not a Goat, either.

Online eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: January 22, 2017, 12:47:42 pm »
That got Orwellian quickly
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: January 22, 2017, 05:36:11 pm »
Best part is that incredibly obvious twitch before the "alternate facts" line.  She knows it's bs.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5045 on: January 23, 2017, 07:38:06 am »
Of course she knows its BS. They're going to keep throwing massive distractions at the media until the media figure out that they're being played. But the media would rather go with the easy headline. You dorks blindly eat it up as long as it is anti-trump. Why do you think I push back on you all so much. You're so set on being anti-Trump that you can't see anything else. Take it from me, I know what it is like to be stuck on the other size of a frenzy or a rage.

I was watching Meet the Press yesterday and Frank Luntz had the best bit of the show:

We are breaking apart. Since 1968 when we lost some incredibly good people in this country, thatís 50 years. I saw those signs in the parade, and they were so horrific and they are eight, nine, ten year-olds who are being taught to hate the other side. And thatís the problem, when you teach young people to hate, you canít get it out of their system.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:43:40 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: January 23, 2017, 08:32:07 am »
Yeah I hate it when I see pictures of kids at political protests. Obviously parents have some right to try and educate their kids in whatever values they believe but don't make your kids a political statement. An eight year old has no reasonably formed opinion about who the president is.

As for the first point. My response I think is something we've all been sort of trying and failing to communicate clearly, but I'll try again.

An onus on the media to be more responsible is not mutually exclusive with the Trump administration being clear and honest. You say you're pushing back against our anti-Trump prejudices but the only way you seem to do that is by making excuses for bad things that Trump has done. If Trump's economic plan gets Americans out of poverty then that's fantastic. If repealing Obamacare allows a superior replacement then that's good. Lying about trivial and not-so-trivial things does not need to factor into any of that stuff.

You say the media needs to be accountable? Hold the President accountable for all the things that he's said as well.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5047 on: January 23, 2017, 08:34:30 am »
Mmm yes that all makes sense to me. I agree! :D

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: January 23, 2017, 12:15:57 pm »
I'm curious what people think about the fact he's officially not releasing his tax returns:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-returns.html?_r=0

From NYT: "Last year, Mr. Trump became the first major-party presidential nominee in more than 40 years not to release his tax returns, and he would be the first president since the early 1970s to decline to release tax information, either through a summary or a full or partial return."
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:06 pm »
Apparently the reaction from extremely frugal hardcore fiscal Conservative voterbase who tends to care about these things was "oh gorsh I guess I'll vote for the republican like I do every year" so whatever
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:48 pm »
It means the issue is never going away.  Every time there's a story about something negative with his companies, business ties, accusations of favoritism or strange behavior regarding companies, industries, or countries, the line will be "If President Trump would just release his taxes this would all be cleared up."  It's an odd point to take such a hard stand on.  It's not like he's the first rich politician.

Whatever issues are in his tax returns must be worse than we can even imagine.  Only one way to know for sure!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: January 23, 2017, 03:05:48 pm »
Yeah, if it was just some light corruption or evasion avoision* he would just release them and then equivocate like he usually does, getting away with it once again. The fact this is apparently a jam even the Donald can't wriggle out of does hint at something dark and terrible. My guess is that he was a majority stakeholder in the Ghostbusters remake.

Online eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: January 23, 2017, 04:17:43 pm »
Well it's been three days and they still lie through their teeth and are aggressive and resentful of those that ask questions.

**** this administration, **** Trump.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: January 23, 2017, 04:24:55 pm »
Well, give him a chance to make some legislation which isn't "stop funding abortions" I guess >_>

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: January 23, 2017, 04:26:51 pm »
Don't worry,with any hope the Democrats will regain control of the house,after all when Obama assumed the role of President the Dems had the house,and that changed after a time