Poll

Syria?

Yes
6 (23.1%)
No
20 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 630974 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Politics
« Reply #2535 on: October 14, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »
Eventually there comes a time when a hunter must step up and try his hand at the most dangerous game of all.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 14, 2010, 03:40:21 pm »
the real saviour of this forum

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2537 on: October 14, 2010, 04:34:47 pm »
Doc Oct, you're pretty cunning with getting the thread off gun control like that. Slick.

I want a gun because I don't trust people and the people I don't trust have guns. At the very least, I want to be on an even playing field so that I can shoot them in the face if they decide they want to rob my house and/or hurt my family. Full stop.

I thought you wanted a gun for recreational target shooting? That's what you said in the other thread <_<

I mean, I'd have objected to you getting it if you said you were going to point it at people.

Of course I also want a gun for self defense. But I'm smart enough to know what I should and should not say around you lot of idiots in a given topic. If I wanted a flame war I'd have said I also wanted a gun for self-defense. I wanted help so I only included that I love to go target shooting every couple weeks. And don't put words in my mouth. I'm not going out looking for trouble. The only people I'm pointing my gun at are people that are in my house without my permission, doing things that they shouldn't be doing.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 14, 2010, 05:19:18 pm »
*Runs into Pat's house and starts rearranging his CDs*
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2539 on: October 14, 2010, 05:21:10 pm »
AWW HELL NAW!

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #2540 on: October 15, 2010, 02:18:54 am »
The only people I'm pointing my gun at are people that are in my house without my permission, doing things that they shouldn't be doing.

Last I checked, Lurk felt that made you a bad person.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: October 15, 2010, 09:55:06 pm »
I really hope Dr.O was trolling!  :P

On gun control, a good friend of mine owns a .308 rifle and goes hunting/target shooting with it on weekends. It's registered, legal, and he's responsible with it. I have no issues with that, self-defense is justifiable, and registries should be maintained. Handguns are another issue, though, but I guess having one for self-defense isn't a bad idea, because criminals aren't held down by gun laws. On the other hand, handguns are easier to conceal and can heat up an already hostile situation if you see a crime underway. If you see someone mugging someone and you pull out a gun and they put a knife to their intended victim's throat, you just made a mugging into a hostage situation. On the other hand, if he backs down, you just caught a criminal.

I have no idea which side to support?  ???
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: October 15, 2010, 10:02:42 pm »
Nope.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 15, 2010, 10:44:45 pm »
Nope.

If that wasn't sarcasm, I find your world-view fascinating and bat-**** insane :P
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2544 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:42 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXgEB26vrxU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXgEB26vrxU</a>

*smile and nod*

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 15, 2010, 11:11:18 pm »
I don't know this for a fact, only from what I've heard from friends who have concealed carry permits.  They said that in the training to get such a permit you are specifically told not to go all vigilante on some random mugger or bank robber.  You're only supposed to use your weapon for personal defense.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: October 16, 2010, 05:14:04 am »

On gun control, a good friend of mine owns a .308 rifle and goes hunting/target shooting with it on weekends. It's registered, legal, and he's responsible with it. I have no issues with that, self-defense is justifiable, and registries should be maintained. Handguns are another issue, though, but I guess having one for self-defense isn't a bad idea, because criminals aren't held down by gun laws. On the other hand, handguns are easier to conceal and can heat up an already hostile situation if you see a crime underway. If you see someone mugging someone and you pull out a gun and they put a knife to their intended victim's throat, you just made a mugging into a hostage situation. On the other hand, if he backs down, you just caught a criminal.

I have no idea which side to support?  ???

Be on my side where you think people who are responsible should be to own guns. (Which seems like you are :) )

And that you think it would be a good idea if there was less guns out there in general however as the criminals gets guns from somewhere. (Proven simply by higher gun related crimes in nations with a lot of guns.)

As for self defense it would be better to have none lethal alternatives. Ideally you do not need weapons at all.

Btw Axel you did not get the SUV analogy at all. You totally missed the point.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: October 16, 2010, 06:07:15 am »
Be on my side where you think people who are responsible should be to own guns.

Weren't you anti-gun?

Because I'm pretty sure nobody was advocating allowing irresponsible people to own guns.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: October 16, 2010, 09:53:08 am »
The short answer is No. The long answer is Noooooooooooooo... (yeah a bad old joke :P)

Anyway no i am not against guns but i find the most pro gun people are nuts. Of course i find many anti gun people to be nuts to (Banning Semi Automatic just because is "Automatic"? Are you idiot? Dont you know how Semi Automatic weapons works?!?) So when i hear the pro side go and take idiotic claims for guns then i get angry. Especially since i think that guns should not be illegal. Regulated yes. But not illegal. Also i think is a good thing for safety to actually reduce guns. Just like i think is best if everyone drove around in a Small little eco friendly safe car then a giant SUV that will crush anything in is way (Including other SUVs. SUVs really are just safer then other cars when you collide with something smaller. Just like the advantage of a gun is really when your up against someone who has a knife :P )
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2549 on: October 16, 2010, 10:08:22 am »
Because I'm pretty sure nobody was advocating allowing irresponsible people to own guns.

Bingo.

Someone just went off on another worst-case-scenario again.