Poll

Syria?

Yes
6 (24%)
No
19 (76%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 390107 times)

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Politics
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2005, 12:13:54 pm »
What's right and what's wrong is all perspective- it depends who you ask.  Is it relally bad to kill someone?  Why?  There is no right or wrong answer, only an educated guess infuenced by religion an politics. 

We could be making so much progress if we focused on what we do know, and less on what we don't.  Why are we here on Earth? WHO CARES, Let's cure cancer!  We'll figure it out later.

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2005, 12:33:05 pm »
Well these morales are what makes the world what it is. Its not bad to kill someone but we should cure cancer so we can save a life? Be sure that you are fully detacthed from your morales before you start complaining about others'.

Offline Pir0

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Dolphin Rave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2005, 01:07:23 pm »
I'm canadian and to me America's a mess right now. Then again, who cares about Canada? D:

I'm pretty mad at how America's trying to tie us down. With all the softwood lumber, the oil from alberta, our beef, and our cheap drugs, you'd think they'd appreciate canada. The sad truth is they don't.

Banning canadian beef because of a infected cow that used to be american makes no sense at all to me.

If we want our future generation to survive we better start being eco friendly, I don't want my future son or daughter to live in a pollution filled world.

You americans are all right but your government has gotta stop beating us up. Canadians are people too >:

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2005, 02:10:55 pm »
....barely  :D

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2005, 04:19:51 pm »
The politicians have to appeal to alot of people for more votes so they do rotten things like that.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 07:46:16 pm »
I'm canadian and to me America's a mess right now. Then again, who cares about Canada? D:

I'm pretty mad at how America's trying to tie us down. With all the softwood lumber, the oil from alberta, our beef, and our cheap drugs, you'd think they'd appreciate canada. The sad truth is they don't.

Banning canadian beef because of a infected cow that used to be american makes no sense at all to me.

If we want our future generation to survive we better start being eco friendly, I don't want my future son or daughter to live in a pollution filled world.

You americans are all right but your government has gotta stop beating us up. Canadians are people too >:

actually i'm pretty sick of the canada bashing too. Canada's been on our side for like since the start of their country as an independant one. (most of canada anyway.) and we under appretiate them. The country is getting a swelled head. let a little helium out. (I mean at least there's some sort of reasoning behind all the jokes about france. They don't like us. They find us uncivilized and most probably make the exact same jokes about us (although both sides shouldn't. We're supposed to be allies and yet culturaly we seem to be at each other's throats))

Frankly i just have one question. For once. Could everyone (i mean in general), possibly, look around for a little bit, take a deep breath, and be people? Forget about making apparences, putting a spin on things, Pleasing voters, religous debates of galatic proportions, waring both politicly (with guns) and Culturally (with words), Forget about greed and Money, forget about popularity and social status. Even for a few minutes! People would realize what a hell of a mess so many things are in!
People are dying sad, lonley and hungry in the streets, security is tight enough that people are frisking old ladys and yet a guy sneaks a replica of a bomb into a plane bathroom, their are still tons of Neo-Nazis and KKK members and all these other prejiduice people (and not just against minoritys but also aganst majorities) When the fact is we're all people dang it! Why can't it just be understood that not everyone is exactly the same and that may not be a bad thing!
Pollution is destroying this planet and the o-zone layer and nobody seems to care. The people that do are regarded as Tree huggers and health nuts! Education! one of the most important things in the world Is still underfunded as people are still failing and dropping out everyday! Losing something so valuble as a mind is a horrible thing to do! The state of health is horrible! People need to be rich to afford the prices for this stuff! it costs like $400 just for a doctor to come in ask you how you feel and stick a popsicle stick in your throat so he can look inside in most hospitles. Free clinics don't have enough doctors, and because of all this the death toll of the world is still rising. Much of the world is in horrible condition Hungry, scared and dying. We're so full of our selfs at times we can't even spare a buck for that guy on the street because we all "Know" he's just going to spend it on drugs or beer or something and that there's no chance this guy really needs food and clothing and a place to sleep. Yet for some odd reason people still crazly give money to celebritys who don't need it and end up feeding their real and proven addictions because of it! People are fighting all the time about crazy things that nobody needs to lose their lives over! The whole entire planet is going so crazy that we don't even notice! We're all people! Did the song "Put a little love in your heart" not tell you anything?

If everyone stopped even for a minute to see how crazy we're all going over everything that doesn't matter, we might just see how amazingly much we've neglected the things that do.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 12:42:41 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2005, 01:48:27 am »
If everyone stopped even for a minute to see how crazy we're all going over everything that doesn't matter, we might just see how amazingly much we've neglected the things that do.

I guess the thing is, that people think these things are important.
It's all very well to call for sanity, but you're asking to change human nature. We should do the best with what we have.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2005, 01:24:30 pm »
but aren't compassion and common sense part of human nature?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 02:57:58 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2005, 03:11:35 pm »
but aren't compassion and common sense part of human nature?
Although i think they are, I don't even remember if that question was rethorical or not...lol.

I was sort of wondering exactly what happened to this thread, It was nice to see an actual civilized discussion of political views online. Even if some of my views, and some of other peoples aren't the same, i would still hate it if everyone thought like me...the world needs tons of diffrent opinions, that's the only way to keep things checked and balanced. both sides keep the other from going too far crazy in their directions...lol.

(also... I hate being the last person to post before a thread falls into oblivian. It makes me feel like i can really clear out a room or something...lol.)

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2005, 06:39:24 pm »
Economic policy: Robotic communism.  See my other posts under "China is insane".

Military/foreign policy: Get the **** out of other countries and shrink the military.  Stop pandering to huge defense contractors so we can spend less money and get better hardware.

Abortion: Not touching this issue with a ten foot pole.  My feeling are way to ambivalent to come to a decision.

Gun Control:  Free gun access, exclusively for the purpose of violently overthrowing the government.

Death penalty: no.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 08:16:45 pm »
the New Zealand elections were just held. The Labour party won by less than 1%, so its not over yet apparently.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2005, 09:13:12 am »
yeah, robotic communism is surely the future. Guns- no way (living in a country where guns are illegal, I appreciate not being scared of being killed by accident or on a whim, if someone wants me dead theyre going to have to work at it). Death penalty- hell yeah, not as a detterent but as a way to stop spending money on the wellfare of incurable psychopaths and free up jail space for petty criminals.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2005, 05:24:01 pm »
Guns are fine the way they are. I have not once walked down the street and thought, "Oh, man! I sure wish guns were illegal so I don't get shot!" If people are crazy enough to kill you for walking down the street, they're not gonna need a gun to make it any easier. I'm thinking knife, pipe, wire, string, poison gas... Nobody having guns doesn't make you any safer.

"When there is mutual fear, men think twice before they make agressions upon one another."
-Hermocrates of Syracuse

And one last thought: Guns are illegal in Britain?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:26:45 pm by B-ROD »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2005, 06:38:36 pm »
"When there is mutual fear, men think twice before they make agressions upon one another."
-Hermocrates of Syracuse

Got that from Rome:TW didn't ya?  :D

My opinion on guns is that whether legal or not, the bad guys are gona have em. The thing is if they were gona come into your house and murder you while you sleep, then their not going to go "Oh! Guns are illegal, I better not get one!" But I feel much more comfortable knowing that if someone did break into my house, we have protection rather than being at the mercy of a criminal.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 12:31:52 am »
Right.

"Would it make you feel any better, Little Goil, if dey was pushed tru windahs?"
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone