Author Topic: Mother 3 (Earthbound 2)  (Read 2235 times)

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
Mother 3 (Earthbound 2)
« on: April 26, 2006, 09:27:11 pm »
http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/mother3/index.html?q=mother%203
http://starmen.net/
http://starmen.net/mother3/

Earthbound (Mother 2 in Japan) for SNES was one of the most insane and awesome games that I ever played. Now the sequal (Mother 3) is out in Japan for the GBA.

Anyone who has played Earthbound will remember is outright crazyness with things such as the Pencil Eraser; New Age Retro Hippies, Happy Happyists and Fuzzy Pickles. 

No word on a North American release,
Starmen.net did this huge thing a while back before Mother 3 was announced, where they sent something like 30,000 (or 50,000) signatures to Nintendo asking them for Mother 3.
Nintendo has an idea that there are a good number of people in NA who are interested in this game, so there is a probability of it comming out here.
Mabye they will let us download it on the revolution. Who knows.

Fans who have imported the game have already started on translating parts into english (for those who also want to import the game but can't speak Japanese)
You can find more information about this, including some startings of translation, in starmen.net's forum (http://forum.starmen.net))

The glass is not half full or half empty. It is both.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Re: Mother 3 (Earthbound 2)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 12:04:58 am »
It's impossible to get excited over the game.  The first two weren't released on the GBA outside of Japan, there's next to no chance of this one being.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 06:14:45 am »
That's true, Snowblind, but Nintendo and Japanese publishers in general seem to have started bringing some unlikely things over here lately. So maybe we've got a better than nil chance.

Please.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 03:35:09 am »
Keep in mind Smash Bros has really brought Earthbound to the rest of the world I never even heard of it until I unlocked Nes in the Original Smash Bros (didn't help that Earthbound wasn't released in Aust).

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 01:08:20 pm »
I don 't htink I've talked to a single person who hasn't played Earthbound and loved it.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Varsity

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 08:14:20 pm »
I don 't htink I've talked to a single person who hasn't played Earthbound and loved it.

I'd have to agree with you.  Especially on forums and what not, those who are old enough, or those who like older games, I have never really heard anyone not liking Earthbound.

Great game, I still have never finished it...  Mother 3 looks awesome.
XYZZY!

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 11:55:41 pm »
I hope Mother 3 goes with the story and isn't just a spiritual sequal.

I think they just need to release Earthbound for the DS , with maybe a touch screen inventory system or something. I would love to play tha tgame on the go.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 02:42:27 pm »
These games never got a European release  :'(
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.