Author Topic: Shells, acid, etc!  (Read 2656 times)

Offline AGENT15

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
Shells, acid, etc!
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:45:42 pm »
Well, I wasn't sure if this went in the creature section or general section. Anyway, over the past week Ive had a few ideas, many of which I forgot. Ill edit later. One thing I was wondering about was hermit crabs, snails, ad turtles. Are shells possible? And if so, can you hide in them for extra protection? My other thought was catapillars (spelt wrong probably) and worms and snakes. How will Spore decide which movement to use? COld you have two choices, a prompt appear, and you choose which one out of the 2+ the game has found possible? PROJECTILE WEAPONS! Are they possible? I dont mean tank cannons or lasers, but amoeba darts or acid spray? Is it possible to spit acid, posion, stuff that gets in your eyes, etc? DEFENSE MECHANISMS! Can my creature poop if it gets attacked so it makes the enemy creature flee? Can I have porcupine qills that stay on body, and upon contact get stuck in other dudes? AERIAL PROPULSION VARIETY! What types are possible? Bird wing, dragon wing, insect wing, and what else? Short term rockets? fans? SPinners?

And a big one was SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIPS! You know how there are those fish at the ocean floor (not too deep) who have a little shrimp friend that looks watch while they dig a hole for hiding? Can we do anything like this? Can I have a creature whos attack is to send out little worms from its mouth (they live inside) and bring back food? My other question similar was parasitic relationships, liek a vampire worm or a leech or something.

If I remember any more of my ideas, Ill edit. Sorry for the spelling, im really itchy, tired, and I havn't eaten anything all day. (Exept a cookie, shame on me!)

DONT EAT MY FACE!

TheChaos7

Re: Shells, acid, etc!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:39:08 pm »
shells are confirmed

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:16 pm »
Well, I wasn't sure if this went in the creature section or general section.

general, i think
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:05:37 pm »
Well i know you can have wing's but type of wing's is uknown yes shells are confirmed.

Offline AGENT15

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:54:14 pm »
shells are confirmed
Tanks for clarity, but what uses do they yield? Can you climb in them?
DONT EAT MY FACE!

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 10:23:27 pm »
Nothing has been said that you can but then nothing has been said that you cant but you know what i would like to know is if your creature can break bone's.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 12:31:59 am »
Um is this in the wrong section?

Offline Chaosenigma

• Mystery House Madman
  • Happi faic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 03:54:09 am »
well it does come under the topic of creature creation  ;D
Sitting quietly waiting for spore's release....... for 2 years and counting T_T.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 03:56:52 am »
Shells are actually technically unknown. All we've seen is something that looks like a shell, which could have been created through clever modelling and texturing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 11:41:14 am by Daxx »

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 10:22:31 am »
Special abilities (poison spit, eye beams, etc.) are a "Probably not."
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline AGENT15

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 03:18:26 pm »
Special abilities (poison spit, eye beams, etc.) are a "Probably not."
Yeah, I guess I saw that coming. But what about throwing? Eye beams are kind of retarded (no offense, just saying) and I think that realistic and possible long range attacks might be interesting. Especially throwing, like picking up a tree/rock/small creature and throwing it to sea sharks, at others, etc would be really fun.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 03:20:16 pm by AGENT15 »
DONT EAT MY FACE!