Author Topic: It's a BIG galaxy out there...  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
It's a BIG galaxy out there...
« on: May 15, 2005, 08:20:23 pm »
So I have been thinking about Spore and how big the galaxy will be, and I realized that it may be quite confusing. What I mean is that if I want to find a creature my buddy made, I may have to spend hours of searching the galaxy just to find their planet. PLUS, even when I do locate it and then head back with some of his creatures to experiment on, colonize etc. I will probably have no idea where I found it anymore. SO I am hoping they include some sort of tool to mark planets of interest(or ones you have already been to) or some sorta way to find a specific creature. Maybe they could make a database of all the planets/creatures you've seen and compile it into a "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" sorta thing, it wouldn't be too far fetched seeing as Will has taken other things from real life experiences like the "Genesis Project" from Star Trek.....so when your off exploring the vast Spore universe in your UFO remember, DON'T PANIC  ;D

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
Re: It's a BIG galaxy out there...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 09:12:45 pm »
We found your buddies creature, it is sitting at a large telescope in a crashed ship on planet LV-426.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 10:20:41 pm »
They label landmarks so you can see them even when you zoom out.  And...this isn't a MMO game, you can't go exploring everyone's planets...you could probably share creatures but you can't play your friend in a multiplayer match.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 10:40:50 pm »
Yes, I know it isn't a MMO  :P , but what I meant was that if your friend made a creature, that you downloaded, it may be hard to find it in the vast galaxy of Spore. And yes, I also know about the landmarks when you zoom out, what I meant was that it would get very tiresome trying to find certain planets you may have visited before, yet are now unable to remember where they are. Thats why I suggested a tool to allow you to be able to keep track of planets you have been to. I tried to make this clear in my first post, apparently I didn't...  :-\

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 11:23:59 pm »
I assume landmarks include discovered species.

Offline Pepboy

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 12:34:52 pm »
S0lidmetal - it was talked about in the conference/whatnot that this is not an MMO, right.  But you do download other people's species/vehicles/etc. and then place a copy of them (more or less) in your own universe.  So, you can go destroy another person's creatures, civilization, etc on your computer while the other person destroys yours on his computer (because the only act of interaction between players, really, is downloading different species and creating copies/clones of them).

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 02:12:50 pm »
I been here from the start fool!

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 03:53:10 pm »
Hopefully you can download certain content of ur choice, but more then mostly likey you may not get their content and won't be able to search.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 05:10:43 pm »
well anyways, i just would like to find out how they are handleing how you will know what planets/galaxies you have already visited, and which ones you haven't, any speculaion?

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 05:34:51 pm »
All we know is that you'r home solar system/planet/galaxy(if we can go to multiple galaxies) will have a yellow box around it and will be able to find it.

I hope they impliment a way to know which planets u have bases on and you've vistited.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 06:44:07 pm »
I'm sure they'll have a nice bookmark type feature, and probably a guide as well. Maybe a SporeDex.

"Ritewill: the evolved form of Willrite. This creature waddles about on 3 legs and uses it's tail as a primary appendage. It is known to blow up planets in spectacular explosions."

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 07:12:48 pm »
I was thinking fo a species encylopia, but with 10's of the thousands of creatures u won't be finding much things u seen in it.

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 02:23:13 am »
Perhaps an encyclopedia ofraces you've discovered though, that could work.

Offline Cosmo

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 04:35:32 am »
Hopefully you can download certain content of ur choice, but more then mostly likey you may not get their content and won't be able to search.

I think I read somewhere content is downloaded on your 'prefrences'. So the more you like 50-headed creatures from hell the less your going to get cutsie carebears.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 08:07:20 pm »
Bah, just include a hitchiker's guide to the galaxy