Author Topic: 2.7 out and Loco Roco demo availible  (Read 2309 times)

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
2.7 out and Loco Roco demo availible
« on: April 25, 2006, 05:52:18 pm »
You can download 2.7 here: http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx?id=SoftwareUpdate

Features updated in system software version 2.70 include the following:

Network
        Macromedia® Flash® content can now be displayed in [Internet Browser].
             You must perform an activation procedure under [System Settings] to enable Flash® content to be displayed.
             The system supports Macromedia® Flash® Player 6; however, some features are not supported.
     bullet    [Connection Settings] has been added as a setting under [Settings] in [Internet Browser] > [Tools].
     bullet    Audio content from [RSS Channel] can now be saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media.
     bullet    [Automatic] has been added as an option under [Rate] in the control panel of [LocationFree™ Player]. For details on the LocationFree™ Base Station, visit http://www.sony.com/locationfree/ownerslounge/psp.

Video
        A new file extension has been added to playable AAC formats.

Video
        [Enable Flash® Player] has been added as a setting under [System Settings].
             You must be connected to the Internet to activate this setting.
        Options to display simplified Chinese or traditional Chinese characters have been added under [System Settings] > [System Language].
        [RSS Channel Settings] has been added as a setting.
        [UMD™Video L/R Button] has been added as an option under [Video Settings].

Other
        Certain conditions that have occurred when using Memory Stick PRO Duo™ with free (recordable) memory space of 2 GB or more are now solved.

IMO its not worth it, its only Flash 6 so you can't use it for youtube or google video :(

But if you don't care about homebrew or you want to update you can download this Loco Roco demo: http://psp.ign.com/articles/702/702909p1.html
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:10:59 pm by uber fragger »

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: 2.7 out and Loco Roco demo availible
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:52:10 pm »
I don't own a PSP but I will say that Loco Roco looks pretty awesome. I saw a demo of it on Gamespot, and the thing looked like a ton of fun.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 04:14:54 am »
Both are great, but I have to experiment with flash a little more.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Cronox

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 02:21:10 pm »
I tried out the demo today after seeing the game on On The Spot (gamespot weekly video show thingy) and it looks to be one of the best titles coming up on the PSP, very original idea that plays great. It's nice to see the PSP get downloadable demos too, hopefully this continues in the future.

Offline h20

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 02:51:40 pm »
erm, there IS sound for flash...

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 03:10:15 pm »
erm, there IS sound for flash...

There is? Well thats good news :P Sorry, I'll edit my post.  I've just heard from people on the forums, but I guess I should know you can't trust the internet :P ::)