Author Topic: Constantine  (Read 12393 times)

Offline James Shields

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I'm the best of the best you can forget the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Constantine
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2005, 04:04:59 pm »
I know this topic hasnt been posted on in months but I have to say
This movie literaly made me fall asleep
Violets are blue, roses are red.
I'm coming aboard prepare to eat lead.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2005, 04:12:47 pm »
I thought it was cool, if you want a movie that will put you to sleep try The Exorcist.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2005, 07:56:15 pm »
I thought it was cool, if you want a movie that will put you to sleep try The Exorcist.

Wow, really? I absolutely love that movie (though, admittedly, I didn't care for it much when I first saw it). It has so much more character development, suspense and substance than all the horror movies made today. All these 'thriller' films are 2 hours of cheesiness and violence, with no suspense at all. Everyone I show this movie to gets genuinely freaked-out (girls especially :D), only to realize later nothing really terrifying happens throughout the whole film... just creepy weirdness. Now that's suspense! ;D
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2005, 08:56:00 pm »
Yeah I watched it because it's so popular and I literally fell asleep before any of the action happened.  It seemed like the beginning was just an hour of boring-ness.

Offline James Shields

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I'm the best of the best you can forget the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2005, 09:50:11 pm »
Yeah I'm tired of all these "horror" movies wich are really just bad stories with the occasional quick flash of something scary and change in music, followed by a few minutes of violence.
If you want a horror with character development try saw, I thought it was awesome.
Violets are blue, roses are red.
I'm coming aboard prepare to eat lead.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2005, 10:32:33 pm »
Saw was really good.  Not too gory and the acting was kind of cheesy.  But it was appopriate for that movie.  Nice plot twist at the end too.

Offline zod

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • deviantART profile and gallery
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 07:52:29 pm »
I enjoyed Constantine a great deal (don't lynch me).  Sure Keanu's acting wasn't Oscar performance by any standards, but he played the part of John Constantine very, very, *very* well.  He's just a complete dick who doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself and has a very prominent arrogance about him.  As far as the sacrilige, there is none.  It presents an interesting concept of the struggle between good and evil, that's about it, and it's fairly plausible.  The visual effects were pretty good (not great, there have certainly been better), but I found it to be a very enjoyable film with a good solid cast (what do you mean the devil wasn't good?  He was really funny!  Sort of a cock-eyed wit about him).  You may think I have no taste but that's ok.  I really don't.  I'm currently working on collecting the entire Dolph Lundgren filmography and I'm sitting on 15 titles at this point.  I *heart* bad movies greatly (you wanna know a great movie to drink to?  Laser Mission.  Don't ask, just do).