Author Topic: Constantine  (Read 12402 times)

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Constantine
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 08:10:38 pm »
I thought the movie was awesome even though it had an R rating (was that one curse word worth it?), plus alot of stuff on TV pokes fun at religion (Simpsons, MadTV, Buffy/Angel, and that's just public TV) so who cares about sacriligious jibberish.

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 01:05:55 pm »
I'll tell you who cares: my mom. And at the moment, it doesn't really matter what else is out there. What she says goes.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 04:12:13 am »
I swear some guy is going to drown his girlfriend and get off the hook by saying "I was just trying to make her see the demons".
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 12:22:13 pm »
And, of course, stupid Leftist judges will find him innocent.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2005, 02:36:57 am »
I actually went and saw it today, I really liked it. I think the main character from Equalibrium would have been a better choice, that movie rocked.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2005, 02:54:06 pm »
It has Keanu Reeves in it... perhaps the worst actor of all time after Vin Diesal... no way in hell am i going to see it.  It looks abysmal.  Just my opinion though.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2005, 07:46:15 pm »
I like Keanu Reeves and Vin Diesal, I don't see what's wrong with them. I liked the main guy from Equalibrium better though.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 01:07:33 am »
I saw this movie with a friend, I thought it was fine. It was entertaining and kept me engaged, but it doesn't really have a lot of depth. At all. I haven't read the comic, but it probably has more substance than the movie, as seems to be the norm with comic-to-film movies these days. (like I know anything about anything  ::))
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 03:33:10 am »
I like Keanu Reeves and Vin Diesal, I don't see what's wrong with them. I liked the main guy from Equalibrium better though.

I just choked on my coffee... thanks, now look at my moniter :P.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 06:06:21 am »
I'm very not religious but for some reason I know a lot about religion. So, through the whole thing I was explaining stuff to the girl I was with.
Hey, the Spear of Destiny they killed Christ with that, and supposedly the soldier who did it was cursed with imortality.

Offline Greyleaf

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 06:04:40 pm »
 :( Keanu Reeves is my favorite actor, next to Sean Connery. I like the non-emotion from him. It seems more real. As for the movie...

Warning, Minor Spoilers

Wasn't my favorite, but was certianly amuzing. The action wasn't that strong, but some of the scenes were pretty cool. I liked the golden crossbow. The scene off hell semed much more accurate then most that I've heard of (Removing the demons brains was a good touch). And the glimpse of heaven was cool. The devil was porly casted, but he played a short role. I'm a pretty big eye candy wathcer, and for the most part this movie provided, but content wise it holds more value as a commedy or parody. I have to say I felt sorry for Angel Gabriel at the end.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 06:07:01 pm by Greyleaf »
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 06:29:55 pm »
I thought the role of the devil was great. Don't know why. He just looked sinister to me. Can't remember the actor's name. :P

Yeah, hell was pretty cool. It kind of makes me want to read the comic book it's based on. Anyone know if it's any good?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 09:55:04 pm »
I bet if Rodney Dangerfield was dead they would have casted him. I didn't relaly go to the movie looking for great action, so I wasn't very dissapointed by that part of it.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 01:45:10 am »
:( Keanu Reeves is my favorite actor, next to Sean Connery. I like the non-emotion from him. It seems more real. As for the movie...

You show no emotion whatsoever all the time do you?  Yeah, that's real...

The only time i've seen him show emotion was in Bill and Ted's Magical Hick Adventure or whatever that abomination of a film is called.  The gormless way he seemed to find everything funny made me stare at the screen in shock, it was frightening!

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 09:54:56 am »
I enjoyed Constantine the first time I saw it back when it was called Prophecy (starring Christopher Walken) and the Omen.  Just kidding.  But seriously, this film was caught climbing out of a window wearing a striped shirt, a black mask and a big sack that had Swag written on it.  There were some really cool elements to it and there actually wasn't anything too sacreligious aside from the idea that God doesn't interfere with the world.  I tried to enjoy Mr. Reeves but really couldn't.  I think he's doing a much better job than we've seen in the past but it still was kind of blah.  I felt that were trying to write him to be as Hardcore and Edgy as they could and it just went kind of poop.  From what I've heard, the comic book Constantine uses a lot less holy shotguns and a lot more verbal dexterity to get out of situations.  In the end, I'm glad I saw it but I won't kill myself to see it again. -leeman

PS: I also liked Mr. Reeves in a Walk Through the Clouds.  He didn't say much.