Author Topic: The Diplomacy Thread  (Read 13572 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Diplomacy Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 06:51:46 am »
Stupid little wars. Every time a new creature turns up they have to be embroiled in a war against 'the ultimate evil' or 'an ancient enemy' or 'brain eating parasite hordes from planet Zod!!!'. If it didnt infringe on their "creative property" I'd just say the ViS destroy their puny planet to stop the conflict spreading... either that or turn up in one small ship and systematically decimate the enemy forces, make some smug remarks and leave the weak backward aliens to stew in their own primitive folly.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2006, 08:08:13 am »
Stupid little wars. Every time a new creature turns up they have to be embroiled in a war against 'the ultimate evil' or 'an ancient enemy' or 'brain eating parasite hordes from planet Zod!!!'. If it didnt infringe on their "creative property" I'd just say the ViS destroy their puny planet to stop the conflict spreading... either that or turn up in one small ship and systematically decimate the enemy forces, make some smug remarks and leave the weak backward aliens to stew in their own primitive folly.
I only get involved in the ones i think will be fun. Funny how about 2 or 3 Terrible Dantesque invasions have been ignored :p
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2006, 10:10:14 am »
//Greetings, this is the Delegation of Unified Powers (DUP), a new alliance that has just been formed. We are small, but do not wish to cause any wars. We are currently in the middle of an election to see who will speak for us. Until then nothing that is said can be put in gump (a rock on the Forthi homeworld, "stone").
-Forthi Delegation//

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2006, 10:20:24 am »
I tried to get involved in the Halcyon war and was promptly ignored due to my lack of an entire fleet of "UBERN00KYOUDEAD CLASS BATTLESHIPS" who "WARP IN EN MASSE" and "WIPE OUT THE ENEMY FLEET"

Darn my politeness and small fleet of scouts!

So now I just assume each of my races is powerful enough to crush any evil NPC race that piss them off, and KROGOTH, DEVOURER OF PLANETS  is too concerned fighting everyone else to attempt to bother my fellows. Mmm, neutrality.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2006, 10:46:15 am »
I tried to get involved in the Halcyon war and was promptly ignored due to my lack of an entire fleet of "UBERN00KYOUDEAD CLASS BATTLESHIPS" who "WARP IN EN MASSE" and "WIPE OUT THE ENEMY FLEET"

Darn my politeness and small fleet of scouts!

So now I just assume each of my races is powerful enough to crush any evil NPC race that piss them off, and KROGOTH, DEVOURER OF PLANETSá is too concerned fighting everyone else to attempt to bother my fellows. Mmm, neutrality.
That's not true. Whilst a few people did try to god-mod, we even had a thread with relative strength of ships and similar, so everyone had equal forces to a certain extent.

You can join in Xarionis, although Squillisks and Auyuelcliads aren't the closest of friends.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2006, 11:54:07 am »
They don't like each other? since when?

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2006, 12:24:44 pm »
They're Neutral, as far as i know.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2006, 03:06:36 pm »
Well, that is true. The Squillisk are neutral just because I don't want to have to get caught up in a war that any alliance I join suddenly decides to go to if I think the premise is stupid.

werechicken

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2006, 03:23:43 pm »
the Rinthuu enjoy a good fight as much as the next enlightened race...