Author Topic: The Diplomacy Thread  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
The Diplomacy Thread
« on: April 23, 2006, 11:15:45 am »
This is a thread for all messages, exchanges and similar between Alliances. (i think it belongs here because its to do with the Alliance threads, all hail the Mods)

Please Try to keep this free of pointless insulting and recruiting. Those belong in The Alliance threads. Do not discuss proposed deals in here, as that will cause alot of confusion.

Right Now, O.T.H.E.R holds out its hand in Friendship to CAB, and will trade anything save technology or weoponry. We ask that Missionaries from religions of the O.T.H.E.Rs be allowed passage in CAB systems, for the same privelage.We suggest that you adopt The O.T.H.E.Rs way of dealing with religion.  We will not support, nor seek to damage CAB.

Also, I believe we should try to cultivate a third Alliance, to make things more "interesting".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:19:58 am by Balthamael »

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: The Diplomacy Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 12:21:41 pm »
The Halcyon Corporation would like to remind those not under our employ that we are the only organisation which truely transcends petty notions of "alliance" and "politics".

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 12:35:52 pm »
The Halcyon Corporation would like to remind those not under our employ that we are the only organization which truly transcends petty notions of "alliance" and "politics".

Well unnecessary wars are quite annoying so that's a good thing.

Would you mind sharing with us about this Coporation, its believes, targets, rules and red lines?

gec05

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 12:42:29 pm »
The Halcyon Corporation would like to remind those not under our employ that we are the only organization which truly transcends petty notions of "alliance" and "politics".

Would you mind sharing with us about this Coporation, its believes, targets, rules and red lines?
That's top secret, don't bother asking. 8)

Offline Rizniik

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Taeknahdian Space Intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 12:46:56 pm »
Balthamael does it also count creatures? as the leader of the newly formed SSP i would like to get my hands on some new Species to manipulate.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 02:57:13 pm »

That's top secret, don't bother asking. 8)
Unless of course... youre really curious. In which case you should PM the Sector President of the Halcyon Corporation (me). Or one of the two Sector Vice Presidents (Daxx and gec05). You just have to ask yourself: how curious am I? 

(Curiosity killed the Biocat  :D)
Wit!

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 03:17:36 pm »
*The Nauceans step back to allow the Oifan-Umtag: Head of Language and Diplomatic Relations -- HoLaDR to discuss the realtionship between O.T.H.E.R. and C.A.B. *

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 03:26:01 pm »
*The Nauceans step back to allow the Oifan-Umtag: Head of Language and Diplomatic Relations -- HoLaDR to discuss the realtionship between O.T.H.E.R. and C.A.B. *

*while a torpal warrior stands menacingly in the background*
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 08:12:04 am »
Keep idle threats out of here. The Auyuelcliads have no concpet of fear.

The O.T.H.E.R Situation is Volatile.
Would the Oifan-Umtag be kind enough to await another meeting, at a later date? The Auyuelcliads offer thier sincerest apologies.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 10:33:21 am by Balthamael »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 05:36:36 am »
Sorry for the delay, and as such, I will be brief:

Right Now, O.T.H.E.R holds out its hand in Friendship to CAB, and will trade anything save technology or weoponry. We ask that Missionaries from religions of the O.T.H.E.Rs be allowed passage in CAB systems, for the same privelage.We suggest that you adopt The O.T.H.E.Rs way of dealing with religion. We will not support, nor seek to damage CAB.

Trade is fair, we would not ask you to trade more than your willing. As for missionaries, it is not up for me to decide, it is entirely up to each individual system whether or not to allow missionaries. Missionaries within the C.A.B. are free to travel among themselves, outsider need permission.

Our way of dealing with religion: All members a free to believe what they want. Period.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 05:38:54 am »
What if they believe in the bloody slaughter of everyone?

Worse still, what if they believe the Halcyon corporation is somehow bad for its employees and the galaxy? Do you not have a way to punish such treason?

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 05:44:55 am »
What if they believe in the bloody slaughter of everyone?

Worse still, what if they believe the Halcyon corporation is somehow bad for its employees and the galaxy? Do you not have a way to punish such treason?

If that's their religion, that's fine, as long as it's only themselves they slaughter.

Halcyon is not apart of this alliance, therefore it is not treason in the C.A.B. eyes for one to believe that.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:34 am »
Emergency transmision from: Wexxian government. To: All who stand against the Halcyon Corporation.

Yesterday the Wexxians where contacted by the VIS´s V-Men, they where in possession of the VIS leader´s memory hardware. After the Halcyon Corporation took the VIS homeworld they deactivated their leader (a big computer) and replaced him with an infected VIS who is now the Sector president. However, the V-Men were not infiltrated by Halcyon and downloaded the Leader. They delivered the Leader to the Wexxians, knowing that they had expertise in transferring programmes between hardware.

A few moments ago the VIS computer was successfully transfered to a Wexxian datamat and told the present Wexxians that the Halcyon corporation uses behavior altering parasites to pave the way for their takeover of planets and that the Corporation itself recruits new members by brainwashing and propaganda.

The Wexxians believes serious news must be spread. countermeasures must be taken ageinst the parasite and all unaffected races must meet and agree on a way to unite and defeat the Halcyon Coporation

The Wexxians call upon all who can, to unite and face this new threat.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 08:57:18 am »
//It has just ome to our attention that the Wexxians have been spreading treacherous slander regarding our beloved corporation. Are you seriously going to listen to these robots or their so called 'V-Man' allies. Analysis of ViS records reveals that no such organisation existed or exists within the ViS society.

I will also take this oppertunity to tell all Halcyon employees in this sector that a security lockdown is effective immediately. No employees are to leave planets and all spacecraft are to report to base stations. Contact with non-employees is stricktly forbidden//

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 09:03:07 am »
// The Auyuelcliads offer the Wexxians thier unwavering support, they suspected this, but were slow in taking action. We will take any means to free beings from Halycon. Remember Niatru Shanta, saviour of us all.

Down with Halycon.
//