Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 165845 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #705 on: December 01, 2007, 11:02:33 am »
Yeah, very nice job on him, Jetas looks quite regal.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 01, 2007, 11:57:13 am »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #707 on: December 01, 2007, 05:45:28 pm »
Nice one, Again! ;D

To Join, or not to join... hmmm... But I still have to wait for Moriadne to arrive... Can't the maintainance division fix the ship any faster? :-(

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:22 am »
Daan made the lovely flag that can be seen above; it is the flag of the Democratic Monarchy of the Robotic Wexxians… also known as the Classic Wexxians. The Classic Wexxians (Wexxian Ameus Alecus; literally meaning: “Servant that Thinks and Feels”) where the second species to proclaim the name Wexxian, they where the successors to The Robotic Wexxians… also known as the Initial Wexxians (Wexxian Ameus; literally meaning: “Servant that Thinks”) who where the first sapient species in the Wexxian “bloodline”

The Initial Wexxians did not have a flag… they where without emotions and would never have thought of representing their beings upon a piece of cloth or an emblem. But when they incorporated emotions into their programming and became the Classic Wexxians they became interested in art and the such… after the Halcyon War and the Colonisation of Azuron, the Wexxians decided upon this flag:

Again, thanks to Daan.  :)

The Flag has three main elements: The Star, the Tower and the three Visual Sensors.

The Star represents Thishen; the home system of the Wexxians and the hearth of their nation, even at the high of their power, the Classic Wexxians never made colonies more than a few light-years away from Thishen. Despite having Recourses and reproductive capabilities to support a galaxy-spanning civilisation, the Classic Wexxians never expanded their territory out of respect for their neighbours. The Wexxians where sometimes hired as defensive forces by other species in the CAB (As long as it was only defensive, the Torpals where okay with it), something that later lead away from the Wexxians isolation as the Wexxians got used to living on the go, but the Classic Wexxians where definitely very attached to their ancestral home in Thishen.

The Tower represents Indigo City, the city the Wexxians build on their terraformed planet Azuron, thereby the Tower also represents the Wexxians love of all beings as the Wexxians terraformed the planet to give the refugees from the Halcyon War a home… it was all for those who had nowhere to turn that the Wexxians did it!

The three Visual Sensors represent the Wexxian people… as all adult Wexxians look different, they decided to take the characteristic pattern seen on Wexxian Youth Shells where they all look alike. Thereby it’s also a symbol of the Wexxians simple origins.

When the Classic Wexxians fell, and the Age of Decent began, the Wexxian bloodline changed again, this time into the species known as the Neo-Wexxians or the Dark-Wexxians to some! (Te-Ketar-Wexxian Ameus Alecus; literally meaning: “Servant Without Function that Thinks and Feels”) During the Wexxian Age of Desolation the few Wexxian survivors of the Genocidal Depression scattered to all corners of the galaxy… not being a united people, they did not have a flag… and with only shame to remind them of their ancestors they had no pride to ever try and make one.

With Axon and the Wexxian Reclamation; the Wexxian people changed again from the Neo-Wexxians to the Reborn Wexxians (Wexxian-Fevas Ameus Alecus; literally meaning: “Servant-of-All, that Thinks and Feels”) With restored faith in their people, the Reborn Wexxians created a new flag…

The Royal Insignia of the Democratic Monarchy of the Reborn Robotic Wexxians:

The flag has also three main elements: The Circles, the Two Purple Lines and The background

The Circles is again the take the characteristic pattern seen on Wexxian Youth Shells, again a reference to the Wexxian people, the large circle in the middle represents the Wexxian people and the three smaller, on the upper line represents Axon, Elixe and Zelato as the three most honoured Wexxians in history.

The Two Purple Lines represent Freedom and Life as the Wexxians are bound by their Base Code to protect.

The Background represents the Galaxy. Revealing the biggest difference from the Classic Wexxians who where self confined to their home system.
When the Wexxians returned to Thishen after the Reclamation they discovered that Azuron and its inhabitants had become an independent nation having survived the chaos and wars of the dark age by staying neutral and utilising their key position near Beyond to become a strong economical power. While the “Thishans” where happy to see the Wexxians again the Wexxians could see that they where not needed much… after installing a new Zero-Point Reactor to cover the growing city’s power requirement as well as fixing some minor repair work, the Wexxians left again. The Reborn Wexxians are completely opposite the Classic Wexxians in the terms of their way of life. While the Classic Wexxians Rarely ventured out of their system, the Reborn Wexxians are scattered all over the Galaxy most of the time. Most of the Wexxian people live on board their Capital Ships and live as nomads across the stars, travelling among their friends worlds. The Wexxians only have one planet based home; Hatia. Therefore, Wexxian Space is rather small compared to most other species, but most of the Wexxians only visits Hatia once a year on Reclamation Day where the fleet regroups and refuels for the coming year. The Wexxians travel in convoys of one Champion and four Guardian Cruisers. Although the Wexxians large battleships can be intimidating, the Wexxians are generally never denied entry into a territory because of their image in the galactic opinion and because they usually bring trade with them both in Wexxian trade goods as well as traders from other species who travel with the Wexxians. On most worlds the Wexxians Ships are a welcome sighting on the sky, and some planets even have a national holiday to celebrate when the Wexxians show themselves.
Travelling, exploring, meeting new people… that’s the way of life for the Reborn Wexxians… that’s why the background represents the Galaxy… all of it is their home!

Random trivia: When I started this post I thought it would be short!!!

I have been thinking that I should make an new update soon… so I’m trying to decide what...

Models: (As I have a passion for working in Google SketchUp)

Wexxian Shuttle

Wexxian Cargo Mover

Wexxian Probe

New Wexxian Fighter/Bomber

The Originator and/or the Licentia Station

A SpecOps Stealth Cruiser *Confidential!*

Weapons

Mech's *For the Glory of the Wexxian Empire!!!*

The Independence X-2 “New Flagship”

Drawings: (Now I got that Scanner, I got to practise!)

The Shadow Station; *Confidential!*

Characters:

Elixe; the Exiled King.

Zelato; ZP-Powered Wexxian Warrior.

Nemesis; The Betrayer, the Destroyer of Worlds, the Slayer of the Innocents, est.…

Teaz; The last of his kind?

Non Wexxian:

Model of a Huovian Ship; (Houvians… one of my minor species… I got to make a list one day!)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 05, 2007, 01:21:03 pm »
Cool. And wow you have lots of plans, looking forward!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 22, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »
Its Time!!!

I have finally finished the next chapter of the Parting of the Wexxians!

Not much, just a lot of words stringed together to hopefully make some meaning... whats important is that the RP part has arrived!

The last RP of the Wexxians... I think!  :P

So, anyone? do you have some requests for my next update in this thread... maybe some more on the Targ S’etskarp's culture?

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 11, 2008, 12:58:16 am »
Just a small update today.

I have long been planning on making a Wexxian Writing system… but; as most who have tried such a thing can verify… it's damn difficult!  :-\

I'm about 70% finished with the symbols… and I've been working on it for one and a half year!  :P

I decided from the start that it should be based loosely on the Oifan-Umtag writing, but Ovi. only made numbers… so I based the Wexxians numbering system on theirs. Reason: the Oifan-Umtag where the first species that came into contact with the Wexxians.

The Oifan-Umtag number system:

The Oifan-Umtag’s system is base twenty.

Top: Wexxian Numbers.
Middle: Oifan-Umtag Equivalents.
Bottom: Human Equivalents.

The Wexxian assimilated the symbols into their culture but took a base ten system because they wanted a little difference from the origin… the form of the symbols also changed to fit the Wexxians while still withholding the essence of the original source. The number zero was changed most because of the significance of it.

Comments? Suggestions?

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #712 on: January 11, 2008, 06:21:50 am »
The Oifan-Umtag writing system is very very complex. It consists of hundreds of different letters, and I never felt like coming up with that many symbols. The most I can tell you that when writing, the two sounds they make are placed together in one letter, like a right side, left side sort of thing. Basically, their alphabet consists of every sound a human can make, but for each mouth, so it's like squaring that number. You can see why I didn't want to make it. ;)

Anyway, your number system looks good! :)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 11, 2008, 10:02:28 am »
Confusing yet cool Jack :). I can't even figure out how my Urshans’ number system works as it been a long time and I wrote a horrible none-understandable description :P.

Two cookies to anyone that could explain to me what I meant :).

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 12, 2008, 12:06:29 am »
The Oifan-Umtag writing system is very very complex. It consists of hundreds of different letters, and I never felt like coming up with that many symbols. The most I can tell you that when writing, the two sounds they make are placed together in one letter, like a right side, left side sort of thing. Basically, their alphabet consists of every sound a human can make, but for each mouth, so it's like squaring that number. You can see why I didn't want to make it. ;)

Anyway, your number system looks good! :)

Trust me… the Wexxian Writing system would be ridiculously complex.  :P

The Wexxians can speak any language in the known galaxy if they have knowledge of it… their vocal processors can emulate any wavelength of sound and they can hear just as good. Meaning that the Wexxians can hear and speak tones that we cannot perceive.  ???
Also… The Wexxians did not use sound to communicate with at first… they used electronic signals… something in an entirely different league.  ??? >:( ???

I might as well give up trying to make an entire alphabet for the Wexxians as Chinese would have fewer symbols.
Anyway thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

Ancient Species: The Targ S’etskarp

Millions of years ago, before the Nauceans even came out of the oceans. The Galaxy was divided into several enormous empires, existing in relative good relations with each other. One of those empires where the Targ S’etskarp; the Great Pranksters!

Biology:
The Targ S’etskarp where a species of quadrupedal insectiods with four arms. Males where slightly smaller than females and had wings that develop during late puberty.

History:
The Targ S’etskarp evolved on the planet now known as Xefasto in the Vaas System. Today the this system is in an area known as Wild Space, but in the height of their glory, it was the sprawling metropolis of a grand empire. The planet is today a wasteland covered with sand and glass, but when the Pranksters evolved, it was a very lush planet of grasslands and steppes.

The Targ S’etskarp where forced to evolve sapience to protect themselves from a species of violent predators that hunted them. When they reached a stone-age level of development; they initiated focused hunts to exterminate the predators… within a few hundred years, they successfully eradicated the species. With no adversaries left to challenge them, their development would have become stagnant if it had not been for a flavour for gags and practical jokes that they developed. The Targ S’etskarp lived in great hive families for mutual protection before the hunts and social friction vas inevitable with so many, so close together. As defence against internal struggles that would leave them vulnerable; the Targ S’etskarp invented comedy and humour to survive. When the threats of the predators had disappeared, the humour became the fundamental drive of their scientific development. How to make newer, better, larger and more sophisticated elaborate jokes gave birth to engineering, physics, literature, art and all other aspects of their society.

The Targ S’etskarp where never quite warlike. Most wars begin because people get to focused on what they believe in and forget to have a sense of humour… but this was newer a problem for the Pranksters. Not that they where a model species either; When the Targ S’etskarp Empire was first born from the smaller hives, it was ruled hard by the Queen Empress and the Paternal Council. Executions and torture to keep the population in cheek was widely accepted… as long as they where fun to watch.

They reached space and it was a great day when a Targ S’etskarp in spacesuit wrote the first words of profanity in the soil of another planet. With hyperdrive they reached other species and eventually became a great empire, stretching nearly 1/8 of the galaxy at its peak.

While other species where confounded by the obsession the Targ S’etskarp had with jokes, they where gracious about it at first… unfortunately, now no longer a method of staying alive; the practical jokes would become the doom of the empire.

When the Targ S’etskarp learned to master Graviton technology they initiated their greatest prank ever. Their closest ally’s home world was contorted into the shape of a phallus for the amusement of the Queen… and the Galaxy had had enough! The other great species, pooled their recourses and invaded the Targ S’etskarp Empire and exterminated the species where they where found. It seamed that the TS Empire would die the same way as it had been born… with a great hunt.

Desperate, the TS began construction of three City-Stations to serve as lifeboats to another galaxy to start over. In order to gather enough recourses for this, they placed several mining stations in remote locations of the galaxy with semi-intelligent robots to mine for them. While they managed to complete construction of these stations… only one of them escaped to another galaxy, the second was never reached before the crusade came to Xefasto and glassed the planet. The third was destroyed.

With the Pranksters eradicated, the crusade continued to erase every trace of Targ S’etskarp culture or technology they could find. All of the mining stations where found and promptly destroyed… except one!

Whenever or not the Targ S’etskarp survived the journey to the other galaxy is unknown… there is only one known member of the Targ S’etskarp species in the last ten million years: Teaz Alwes-Enerva-01-2.

Targ S’etskarp Warrior

I drew this picture about two years ago when I was wondering what species to make when I would get spore. It is one of the Queen’s Honour Guards. The purple colour is the royal line and the golden shoulder braces are also indications of this individual’s status.

The weapon is a Qui’nall. It is mostly intended for ceremonial use: The being wielding the weapon fakes an attack with the bladed end… making the opponent focus on that end… Then strike the opponent in the groin with the blunt end and run away!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 01:46:59 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 12, 2008, 04:32:07 am »
The Great Prankster mystery is finally solved ;).
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 12, 2008, 02:02:55 pm »
Not entirely. They left so many million years ago... what hapend to them?

Did they survive the transit to the other galaxy?

If they did, then what have happened to them since then?

Did they learn from their mistakes in this galaxy... or did they continue their malevolent path?

Is Teaz the last of his kind? Is he doomed to a life of loneliness... Or is he the first of a new beginning?

Plenty of mysteries left about the Creators... and I am the only being in the universe who know the answers! Mu ha ha ha!  ;D

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 13, 2008, 12:09:41 am »
Happy Reclamation Day!!!

I hope you like it!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 13, 2008, 11:35:21 am »
awesome pic, Jack!!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 13, 2008, 01:11:08 pm »
Love it :). Happy Reclamation day!