Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 168372 times)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #630 on: October 16, 2007, 10:52:16 am »
Will miss both you and the Wexxians! Sure, the Union hated them many times for their annoying ways, but we love 'em all the same! ;) If you ever decide to return, feel free to do so!

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 16, 2007, 11:35:35 am »
I'd say, A job well done.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #632 on: October 18, 2007, 12:39:54 am »
Oye, it's your time to leave the den and metamorph into a new, true person. Then, as you completely change into something beautiful, you can come back here and help the cycle continue.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 31, 2007, 05:28:34 pm »
I have now moved into my own apartment in a minor city, it’s a nice place but its messy because I haven’t unpacked completely… ok, frankly… it looks like a drunk Torpal has been throwing around with the inventory, but still… its home.  ;)

I am very touched by the way you are all saying goodbye to me… I am going to miss being part of the RP universe.  :'(

:'( beautiful send-off, Jack...I'll miss those little robots

but I'm glad you're just stopping rping...at least you didn't write some big story to get them out of the universe forever (like some races have done), so they can still always be there in the background...in the heart of every child, in the smile of every baby...  :P

it's been fun Jack, it's been fun  :)

Actually I am thinking of writing them out of the universe with a short RP to explain why and how they would be gone… existing in the background of the galaxy without interfering with wars and all that, just isn’t the Wexxian way of doing things… they are too meddling for that!

If you guys think that’s a bad idea, then tell me.

I think I'm going to work on a second tribute to the Wexxians.

If you look in the dictionary under “The Wexxians no. 1. Fan” you find Brandonazz’s picture. Always greatly appreciated mate!  :)

Hate to see you go, Jack.  You and the Wexxians were always friendly to new members and young races.  Good luck in real life, and maybe you can find the time to visit now and then.

The lifeblood of this RP forum is the dedication of the old members and the enthusiasm of the new members. I hope you all never forget that!   ;)

Man Jack I’ll sure miss you in the lovable Wexxians. Though they were indeed buggers a few times they were the true heart of our galaxy, the call of justice and love when all other races went mad on ideologies greed and xenophobia.

It’s so sad to see the giants of this forum having to go, I truly believe you were the member who contributed the most to this fanfic universe in so many lairs. I really hope newer members will use the great setting you left behind and know us “elder” ones will always do.

But as Opera said your legacy will still be carried on, and the Wexxians always have a place in our universe to carry on their holy work of love and if you will return I’m sure it will be as glories as ever.

I really understand your decision as I myself has less and less time as the months passes by and I know how hard it feels to see your race and the great works of imagination you worked on in stand by and wishing you could expand more but never having the time or sometimes even the spirit to do it.

So good luck old friend, it was a pleasure fighting you, fighting with you, building alliances with you, sharing thoughts and ideologies with you, and most importantly creating with you. Good luck with your fresh start!

Thanks for those kind words friend! It means a lot to me.  :-[  :'(

Yes the Wexxians where buggers… they had to be; their place in the galaxy is to be that little annoyance that keeps the wheels turning and the ideas coming…

The thing about freedom is that, when you stop fighting for it, you loose it. Even it you had it before.

Good luck with your apartment and (here's hoping) a new job.
Really sorry to see you go Jack. You'll be sorely missed, as will your creations.

My regards.
Will miss both you and the Wexxians! Sure, the Union hated them many times for their annoying ways, but we love 'em all the same! ;) If you ever decide to return, feel free to do so!
I'd say, A job well done.
Oye, it's your time to leave the den and metamorph into a new, true person. Then, as you completely change into something beautiful, you can come back here and help the cycle continue.

Thanks everyone.  :)

I am currently working as a substitute for various companies in the city, often very dull manual labour… I hope to find a steady job soon so I can get my daily life under control. The only good thing is that my jobs often leave me plenty of time to think about stuff while I do the dull jobs, so I often fall back into the old pattern and explore different thoughts about the Wexxians… storylines, ships, characters, alternate universes and technologies. Whenever I will ever get back to RP’ing again is another question.

I would like to make one last RP to let the Wexxians leave… the story would be:

1. The Wexxians learn that some of their creators may have survived the great war in the ancient times and have escaped to a faraway galaxy.

2. The Wexxians gather their people, their fleet and their RIT generators among their partially built new City-Station near Hatia and say their goodbyes to their old friends and allies.

3. With the combined power of the City-Station and the RIT Generators, the Wexxians RIT-Jump to the galaxy that their creators might have migrated to. They leave behind their RIT generators to be used by the other species.

If you don’t think it would be a good idea. Let me know… I think it would be a reasonable explanation to their disappearance and it would make it possible for them to one day return. I also like the way this could expand their psyche, concerning their relationship with their creators.

If not, I still have some updates coming up for thread.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #634 on: October 31, 2007, 06:58:21 pm »
Jack, I really loved your Wexxians! ;D ;D ;D
Man I remember when I saw them for the first time! :D
Their originality, their passion for peace, and most especially, their love for other races.
Even though we weren't able to formally meet each other, your creations' concern for others really rubbed on my creatures. :'(
We'll miss your critters in RP a lot. :'(

Though, my guys, the Terran-Ixians need plenty of help on their mission, since they go from galaxy to galaxy helping other worlds and guiding them to a peaceful coexistence with others, maybe the Wexxians would like to help us in our mission? If so, it would be much appreciated. :).

PS: Good luck on your search for stability in life. ;)
Just keep searching, I'm sure you'll find it. :)
All of us here are supporting you Jack, you can do it! ;)

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 31, 2007, 07:45:45 pm »
The idea for the small (hopefully much bigger) RP is great. It would make more snese for them to have a small (large) send-off before they go.

Plus, one last RP with the Wexxians.  :D

...Still hard to believe you're going to go. I remember when I first saw the Wexxians.  :'(

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 31, 2007, 08:20:38 pm »
f you write the wexxians out of the universe, I may become incredibly sad  :'(

but it's your decision...and like you said, they could always come back...well either way, just know that there'll be plenty of torpals to see you off  :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #637 on: October 31, 2007, 08:37:18 pm »
The Terran-Ixians would also bid them good luck on their journey. :)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2007, 04:05:50 am »
Opera, I hear you man, but what would be sadder… a galaxy without the Wexxians, but still with their ideals to remember… or a galaxy where the Wexxians still are there, but passive and inactive.  :-\

Being Wexxians, they would never manage to stay quiet for long… you know them… they can’t help themselves. Always meddling, interfering, questioning, commenting and getting into trouble because they can’t keep their mouths shut!  ;)

If I ever get the spark back, then it would be easier to let them return from their expedition than just letting them jump back into politics after a little vacation in the outer rim, with a: “Oh, so what have you guys been up to while we where chilling?”   :P

Thanks for the comments Yuu, I just read up on the Terran-Ixians… good stuff! I’m sure them and the Wexxians would be best of friends. 

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 01, 2007, 04:28:21 am »
Wait, will it be an RP (that we can play) or a story?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 01, 2007, 04:41:21 am »
The storry will be the explanation... the RP will just be a goodbye.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 04, 2007, 02:51:24 pm »
Just to prove that I’m not all dead yet, I bring you here a little piece of history… a good thirty standard years before the Wexxian Reclamation. A story of the meeting of two people. Two people who will change the future of their people… as well as the future of the galaxy. No fancy pictures… neither any gargantuan fleets… just a story… of how two people met. Two people who came of to a REALY bad start with each other!

Preview of a possible future continuation of The Axon Chronicles:

Tow Ky Juhl; the Torpal Squad Leader of Combat Group 1024 of the Celvolian Mercenary Army, lead his group through the maze-like UC (Urban Combat) Training ground. His group was a collection of different species, Tow didn’t know whish species they where, but he knew his men. He had trained and fought with all of them… sure, they where not Torpals, but they where HIS squad… and he knew they took pride in being so.

Tow’s Combat Group was the best, everyone knew that… therefore is was troubling that their Celvolian employers had ordered this training mission.

‘What’s the catch here?’ the young Torpal thought. ‘What kind of surprise have they hidden here?’

The group moved silently in the shadows of the large and partially destroyed buildings in the training ground. Both Tow and his men had been there before, but this time it was different… it was too quiet!

He gestured soundlessly to his men and they spread out in a wide search grid to cover more ground. Like all good Torpal soldiers, Tow had neither fear of death or battle, but this tense silence made him very uncomfortable. While he adjusted his shoulder-canon, he gestured to his team to stay in sight. They all nodded in agreement.

It was certain that they would encounter someone… or something. Tow had overheard some of their employers talking about “testing” their newest addition. But what this addition was, Tow did not know. He kept a vigilant eye on his six squad members and their surroundings.

Tow nearly hurt his neck when he turned fast, thinking he’d heard something… but there was nothing there. Just more broken buildings and machines in partial shadows.

‘Nothing!’ Tow turned back to his men, they where all aiming their weapons at the direction he had just turned to.

‘What the…’ It took Tow a few seconds to realise that something was wrong… he could only see four of his men…

“Where’s Lad and Q’ti?” he growled to the four remaining mercenaries. They all looked around and their faces grew worried.

Out of the corners of his eyes Tow saw more movement. “REGROUP!” Tow barked to his men. No point in keeping quiet now. Whatever it was, it clearly knew where they where.

His men hurried together in a tighter formation… but they where now only three left, including Tow. None of them had seen what took the others.

“By Zesh!” Tow gasped, a little stab of worry piercing through his trained mind for a second… it was quickly replaced by fury. ‘NOBODY SNEAKS UP ON MY SQUAD!’

“Tri-Point defence grid!” he instructed his remaining two men but the moment he turned to put his back to theirs, he heard to yelps and managed to turn just in time to se Velquittos and J’pas disappear into the darkness between two crumbling buildings.

Tow stormed after them but it was a dead end. And there was no trace of his comrades.

“WHERE ARE YOU?” he shouted in fury. “SHOW YOURSELF!”

A laughter reached Tows ears. “Why should I… when I’m having such a good time?”

If possible, Tow’s rage increased in strength… This insolent thing was MOCKING HIM!

His senses sharpened by adrenaline and rage, Tow heard a tiny sound of movement.

Instincts, formed by thousands of years of Torpalian warrior traditions and a decade of tough training in the army, kicked in. Literally! Without having to think about it, Tow circle-kicked backwards.

With satisfaction, Tow felt his armoured foot collide sharply with something.

Spinning around to face his mysterious foe, Tow dropped into a fighting stance to see his would be assailant flying through the air, propelled by his kick.

Despite having been kicked with the force of a charging Necromonicon, the figure did a back flip in midair and landed gracefully on his feet. Prompting an involuntarily raised eyebrow from Tow.

“The told me you where good, I’m glad you don’t disappoint!” The figure said, crouching in another stance.

“Who in Zhesh’s name are you?” Tow asked, trying to measure up his opponent. The figure was apparently bipedal and a bit shorter stature than Tow, it had two visible arms and a single head in a humanoid shape. It was difficult to know for certain as the being was dressed in what looked like a collection of dirty rags and a large hooded cloak that hid the face in shadows.

“Who am I?” the being asked in a mock questioning voice. “Philosophical, aren’t you? How about some more simple questions before we start about the meaning of life?” 

Tow smiled as he saw that the hands of the being where empty… it was unarmed. ‘He is fast. I wonder HOW fast!’ Tow wondered.
“I have one… can you dance?” Tow grinned as his shoulder-cannon charged and fired.

“HA!” The being laughed, jumping backwards and sideways. Dogging the shots Tow fired, while clouds of debris formed where the shoots hit.

While doing a sideways spinning jump, to evade a barrage from the cannon, the figure reached into his robes. Tow saw a brief flash of metal spinning towards him before his shoulder-cannon was decapitated by a flying blade.

“You will have to do better than that fuzz-ball!” the cloaked figure taunted the enraged Torpal.

Tow looked at the smoking remains of his trusted weapon. It was damaged, but not beyond repair. The split second it took him to make that assessment, the cloaked figure had used to launch himself against Tow.

Tow looked back just in time to receive a flying kick to the middle of his chest. Leaving a small dent, in his armoured breastplate. Tow staggered backwards a few steps and retaliated with two straight right hooks… the being blocked the top one… but not the lower one!

The two combatants kept at it. Both refusing to surrender. Tow being large, heavy and strong and the attacker being small, light and fast… the two where reasonably balanced. The attacker could easily doge most of Tows blows and Tow’s natural toughness and his armouring deflected most of what the cloaked fighter came with.

Once again, Tow delivered a double uppercut. Sending the being flying.

‘WHY WON’T HE STAY DOWN?’ Tow thought as the cloaked figure rose again. Fatigue was beginning to drain his strength, his fur was sweaty and dirty from dust and sand and he could taste blood in his mouth from a couple of loose teeth. He could see that the fight was wearing his opponent out too… the cloaked figure was shaking slightly and was swaying a little.

Still refusing to give up… the two warriors prepared themselves for another round.

“BRAVO!” a voice cried, snapping the combatants out of their mental battle of endurance. Both looked over to see the small shape of their employer, clapping his hands. “its good to see that you too have gotten to know each other!”

“What the…?” Tow began, but was cut off by the short Celvolian. “Squad Leader Tow! This is our new employee; he has offered to aid our army with his special abilities… for a price, of course!”

Tow eyed the cloaked warrior with suspicion… sure he was skilled… and tough, but… “What kinds of special abilities?” he asked with a hint of tension in his voice.

The mysterious cloaked fighter raised two clawed grey hands and removed his hood. Revealing a clearly non-biological face with three black lenses for eyes.

“I’m quite multitalented… and adaptable!” the being said. His face changing, morphing into a reptilian face with a smirking predatory smile.

“A MACHINE!” Tow roared with disgust. “Honourless abomination of metal!”

The figures smile turned into a scowl. “That’s MISTER Honourless Abomination of Metal, to you Torpal… but you can call me Axon for short!” the warrior growled menacingly.

The Celvolian smiled brightly to the two combatants. “I’m sure you will have plenty of time to get to know each other, as I’m assigning mister Axon here, to your unit mister Tow! Where are the rest of your team, by the way?”

“WHAT?” both warriors shouted, looking with incredulity at their minute employer.

“No, uh uh! I work alone, man!” the robot named Axon said, shaking is head.

“I decide who’s on my team! You won’t put that freak on the squad!” Tow shouted, making the small alien step back.

“We are the ones who pay for your services!” the Celvolian said trying to sound braver than he was. “WE decide what happens… and you follow our orders if you wish to receive your pay check!”

For a moment, Tow seriously considered if it would be worth it to loose his job for knocking down his boss… but thought better of it.

“Now, where is the rest of Combat Group 1024?” The alien asked again, confident that he had made his point.

The scruffy warrior pointed towards one of the ruined buildings around them. “Unconscious, op on the roof!” he said in a growling voice.

“Excellent!” Their employer clasped his hands together. “I expect your team to be ready to move out in three hours, mister Tow! Oh, yes… welcome in the Celvolian Mercenary Army. I’m sure you will feel right at home mister Axon!”

Their employer turned and left the two combatants scowling at each other.

"You may be able to fight, but you're still just a droid..." Tow growled.

“And you are still just another meat-bag with an attitude!” Axon shot back.

Two warriors; dirty and beaten. Two antagonists; despising each other. Two destinies; meant for greatness!!!! 

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 04, 2007, 03:55:04 pm »
*claps*
Interresting.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 04, 2007, 03:59:22 pm »
 ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 04, 2007, 04:15:35 pm »
Great work, meatbag.  :D

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.