Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 165291 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #555 on: July 18, 2007, 03:05:46 pm »
Thanks Opera and Brandonazz.

Yes, a14gt… the last Wexxian.

The sad fact is that all things come to an end… even the Wexxians. And I had to come up with a sort of epilogue to describe how their story may end.

The Wexxians have always been meddling, its one of their defining traits! And it is most likely the thing that will end their existence… after all; we already had one great war because the Wexxians couldn’t keep their mouths shut.

At some point, it will happen again… maybe in ten years, maybe ten thousands.

The Wexxians know that their way of conducting politics is risky… but they are stubborn beyond the capabilities of organics. Luckily the Wexxians always have continuing plans that stretches beyond their own era. The ship Dyrnwyn is one of them.

Trivia: Dyrnwyn is the name of a legendary magical sword in Welsh mythology

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 18, 2007, 03:23:24 pm »
dangit i always wanted to be the one to do them in....or at least beat some up. well any chance they can return i'm sure i can beat them then. i'm sure i said this before but the anubians are here for a long time. even in the OMYL universe and the OBYL one too, though they just won't look the same.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 18, 2007, 06:58:42 pm »
Don't worry, I'm sure you will get pleanty of chances to kill hippie robots!  ;)

The future is still not certain, the real end of the Wexxians is still not decided...

but it will come!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 18, 2007, 07:24:26 pm »
Don't worry, I'm sure you will get pleanty of chances to kill hippie robots!  ;)

:o

a14gt, if you plan on wiping out the wexxians...plan on some friendly opposition  ;)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 18, 2007, 07:39:11 pm »
Advertisement:

The Torpals; Preventing Mass Robo-Cide Since Halcyon!

Opera, I’m a bit curios… why is it actually, that the Torpals have always been so keen to protect the Wexxians? It is not as if they are similar species, quite the contrary in fact.

Oh, wait! That’s not entirely true… I remember; during the Olympia Crisis, the Torpals where about an inch away from opening fire on the Independence. If the Xometrians had not withdrawn their ships then… no Axon, no Independence and possibly no Union/REDSTAR War. 

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 18, 2007, 07:40:50 pm »
good thing i'm releasing new toys. an all superpower death match
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 18, 2007, 07:54:35 pm »
The Torpals; Preventing Mass Robo-Cide Since Halcyon!

Opera, I’m a bit curios… why is it actually, that the Torpals have always been so keen to protect the Wexxians? It is not as if they are similar species, quite the contrary in fact.

:D

you know, I have no real explanation for why they do (pre-Axon, at least)...you're just lucky I like them  :P

that's a good point though...sometime I'll have to write something about the reason torpals became (for the most part) a benevolent race...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 18, 2007, 08:15:45 pm »
Well Opera, I suppose the best friends often have distinctly different personalities.

For the reasons the Torpals became benevolent… they thought it cool to be heroes… many people to give you drinks free!   ;)

good thing i'm releasing new toys. an all superpower death match

I assume you mean the Torpals and the Anubians.

I have been trying to keep the Wexxians from becoming a superpower… it’s actually tricky to do so.

I mean, they have only been sapient for a few thousand years, but they progress almost exponentially technologically, because of their AI nature.

In order to keep them down I have to destroy their home, throw them into 200-year exile and depression, mercilessly toss them into every single hazardous situation I come across, destroy their home AGAIN, let them be hunted down and persecuted in a senseless war and… and… I am honestly running out of ideas to make life tough on them!

Do you see my problem? I can’t let them get power… because they would become TOO powerful with their technological advances. These hippies created Vii Deux in half an hour, they can transport a star across the galaxy in an instant, onboard their Shadow-Station; they have weapons that could destroy entire universes (I have to get an update made on the Shadow Station)

I am soon going to come to a point where I run out of ideas to keep them down… then I will have to write them out of the fanfic-universe.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 18, 2007, 08:47:33 pm »
 :'( don't write them away!

as far as keeping their power in check...say they were inspired by Axon, they choose not to use their powers...something like that... *shrugs* you don't have to give them the worst luck in the universe just to make sure they don't get too powerful  :P
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 18, 2007, 08:53:55 pm »
i think they surviving that made them a super power. nothing less would of survived
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #565 on: July 19, 2007, 08:37:01 pm »
Perhaps a catstrophic string of the viruses damages all newly created AIs so that they are not sentient. That way, the Wexxian population wouldn't grow, and the remaining would be split between finding a way to deactivate the aging virus or living out their lives as the Wexxins decline.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 20, 2007, 10:26:02 am »
Have them make a Restruant at the end of the Universe, then convert the whole population there so in millions of years time, other races can have fancy meals there.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 20, 2007, 11:20:48 am »
:'( don't write them away!

as far as keeping their power in check...say they were inspired by Axon, they choose not to use their powers...something like that... *shrugs* you don't have to give them the worst luck in the universe just to make sure they don't get too powerful  :P

Well, I think I can keep them for a while, but eventually they will have to go.

i think they surviving that made them a super power. nothing less would of survived

Thanks, they will sure appreciate that.

Perhaps a catstrophic string of the viruses damages all newly created AIs so that they are not sentient. That way, the Wexxian population wouldn't grow, and the remaining would be split between finding a way to deactivate the aging virus or living out their lives as the Wexxins decline.

firstly; a virus strong enough to damage Wexxian coding on a large enough scale to cause any real damage, would have to manufactured by a… Wexxian!  No other kinds of beings would have the knowledge and skill to be able to by-pass the firewall programs and damage the extremely complicated program coding.

Secondly, if there were anything wrong with their reproductive capabilities… then they would fix it! They are very well aware about their programs and know what it is supposed to be like.

Thirdly; the ageing virus is engineered by the Wexxians… it was one of their first adaptations towards organics. It was incorporated into their programming along with emotions and simulated hormone systems. The Wexxians embrace death as a natural part of life, they do not have any expectations of an afterlife, yet they have never feared death. On the contrary, they say that the knowledge that death awaits them; makes them enjoy their life more… appreciate every moment. The virus is not an essential problem to the Wexxians, to them it is a force that ensures continuity.

Your idea is good, but the Wexxians have to great understanding of their own nature to be destroyed that way. It did however work in the past; where Nemesis’s last crime was to spread a virus to undermine the Wexxian Base-Code in the end of the Necromicon War… sounds harmless? It killed 99% of the Wexxian population and forced the rest into exile for 200 years.

I have an idea to weaken the Wexxians by dividing their people into different factions, following different ideals and interpretations of the Base-Code.

Have them make a Restruant at the end of the Universe, then convert the whole population there so in millions of years time, other races can have fancy meals there.

Duly noted!

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 20, 2007, 11:30:15 am »

Duly noted!

Thanks, I don't want them gone because of a war, it would be more Wexxian to build some great time-travel bubble, and put inside it a 5 star restraunt.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 20, 2007, 12:00:37 pm »

Duly noted!

Thanks, I don't want them gone because of a war, it would be more Wexxian to build some great time-travel bubble, and put inside it a 5 star restraunt.

yes!  ;D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]