Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 165887 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #435 on: April 08, 2007, 08:51:27 am »
:D
^ What a useless comment

Daan, Daan, Daan… One day you will learn that a smile is the shortest distance between two people.  ;)

So, what should I do now… Sugestions?

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 08, 2007, 09:58:41 am »
Keep the history coming!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 08, 2007, 10:25:30 am »
hmm it would of been funnier if the wexxian was egg shaped...the normal wexxian is kinda boring, reason why i never really draw it.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 08, 2007, 01:03:32 pm »
Before the catalyst, I was actually planning on making the K'jalian false god K'ixa a Wexxian.  Hence his first words, "I am not a god, I am a servant"
It was a translation issue  :P
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 08, 2007, 01:09:16 pm »
I had a faint idea about that!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 08, 2007, 01:27:50 pm »
If you zoom in on the stick thing my first drawn K'jalian is holding, you will see it is a Wexxian with wings...
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 08, 2007, 01:32:32 pm »
Uhhh… an Easter Egg! How lovely.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2007, 05:17:52 pm »
The Wexxian History. Part IV

The Late Golden Age:

With their political position in the galaxy and the C.A.B. strengthened after the Halcyon War, the Wexxians enjoyed both respect from their fellow species and the prosperity of the cultural and economical boom that followed the end of the war.

Some time after the end of the war, the Serlans faced a crisis; their home system came under attack from deadly parasitic beings. The Torpals send two warships to the system and asked the CAB for some Mallen, Naucean, and Wexxian scientists to accompany them t find a cure.

The Wexxians where eager to help and send their first capital class ship: The Wexxian Champion; Forefather. The ship was not even finished when it flew out of the space-dock, the weapons did not work, but it was filled with Wexxian scientists and doctors to help out.

The Wexxians terraformed the second planet from the sun and named it Azuron. They asked all the species they where in communication with to help with providing plant and wildlife. They also invited all species to send settlers to colonize the young world… they began a great experiment to build a multispecial society of peace and understanding.

The Auyuelcliads where the first to send both animals and settlers in the form of scientists, they also erected a Dhulam NatureTender Temple where their priests could aid life and meditate in the perfect tranquillity of a new world. The temple was founded in the Sesmar Crater, where a meteor struck around ten thousand years ago and changed the planets orbit a great deal.

The new ViS leader also contacted the Wexxians; asking if he could make a colony for his new experimental ViS 2.1 to develop a distinct new and fresh culture. He also offered to help populate the oceans of Azuron. The Wexxians of course accepted his offer with open arms. 

The ViS arrived with their colony ship. In the distance they could see Indigo City. The ViS colony vessel was purposefully crashed into the surface of the planet. Over the years it was dismantled and used to build the fledgling ViS colony.

Indigo City was the first ever City-S hip created by the Wexxians, it was landed by the western shore of the largest continent. The majority of the settlers from other species made a home for themselves there as the Wexxians did not whish to strain the young ecosyst em by making many cities.

The planet had multiple different environments, ranging from desserts to rainforests and should suit many of the intelligent species in the galaxy. The ground was full of minerals and resources that had never been exploited due to the Wexxians preference of mining in zero gravity.

The ViS built with a permit from the Wexxians a colony in archipelago directly west of Indigo city. The colony on Azuron was quickly constructed and Named 'Nova City-1'

Another species named the Eodu send colonists and helped build Great Forum and a Academy of Philosophy in the central parts of Indigo City.

Many species followed and Indigo City on Azuron became a bustling metropolis.

Meanwhile the Wexxians made peaceful contact with a species known as the Tiki and a species called the xx.

The xx Incident:

During a visit to the home system of the xx; the xx Senate tried seizing complete power. They attempted to evacuate the system of all non-xx using their covert ops arm, Perihelion 7. Those in-system at the time (the Grell, Tiki and Wexxians) were asked to evacuate the system to avoid any harm befalling them. The Tiki and Grell promptly left, but the Wexxians persisted in asking for any ways to help.

The xx Senate refused to answer or give any information, but the Wexxian ship received a transmission from a badly-damaged xx ship:

// status: emergency
repetition : st-- *KZTTT* --ncy
identification : xx : civili-- *KKKKSH* --ssel
senate : desir-- *KSHHTHH* --lence : us
damage : life-sup-- *FSHSHH* --tical
damage : hull : crit-- *KKKTTKK*
--mation : survival : chances : minim--l
plea : help : urg-- *FSHSH* //

The Wexxian vessel hurried to assist the damaged ship, but the signal was suddenly jammed and the Wexxians received a warning that they where trespassing and would be shoot down if they continued.

The Wexxians replied that they did not have a choice… they had to help!

As they approached the damaged xx ship; they received another signal from it:

// attention : Wexxians
plea : flee : system
us : survival : chance : zero
us : knowledge : excessive : according : senate
perihelion : action : extermination : "threats"
defintion : "threats" : xx : posessive : knowledge : blockade : planets
plea : longterm : inform : sapients
plea : longterm : free : xx : society
plea : immediate : flee //

The Wexxians did not flee… they continued, determined to save the crew of the ship if there was the least chance of it.

But without warning; a hi-ex plasma missile striked the crippled vessel's engine, caused a chain reaction which destroyed the vessel within seconds.

The Wexxians where shocked, they had never seen such cold-hearted display of brutality.

They send a message to the xx senate:

\\Mesage directly to xx senate:

All right, we don't know what you are doing but it is WRONG If you do not size all hostilities, the CAB will be contacted and a fleet of Torpal warships might soon be knocking on your door so we suggest that you cool down and start on some explaining!!!\\

It was dark chapter of Wexxian history, but an important one too: I is the first recorded incident of a Wexxian being furious.

Grellian and Renfoldan troops arrived in the system. They where there to free the xx from the corrupt Senate.

The Perihelion 7 ships in the system begin firing at the newly arrived ships after order from the xx senate. Thousands upon thousands of missiles flied from every conceivable corner of the xx system towards the Grell/Renfold fleets.

The Wexxian ship send the information they had received about the corrupt xx senate to the Grellian and Renfoldan ships in the hope of making sure that the alliances like the CAB would know of this and send help.

Right after having passed the information, the Wexxian ship was struck by a xx missile and it exploded.

The non- Perihelion 7 xx ships began questioning the reason why they fought against their friends, especially the deaths of the Wexxians had shook them. After a few conversations with the xx people who had long been suspicious of the Senate, the non P-7 xx ships withdrawned.

Now outnumbered and outgunned the xx ships in service of the senate began loosing drastically… in a desperate attempt to keep their power, the senate ordered the destruction of the planetary shield generators to harm the amassing ships.

Meanwhile the people of the xx where outraged by the actions of the senate and they overthrew them with force.

At the same time, some of the precursor artefacts on the planets activated and a evil species; the Rinthuu began spreading destruction.

This complex situation was resolved when the last remaining Perihelion-7 ship crashed itself into the forerunner artefact: Ensuring the defeat of the Rinthuu.

The newly reformed xx decided that they would join the C.A.B. in order to repay their debt to the Wexxians.

It did not take long before the Wexxians send ships and personnel to help rebuild the xx infrastructure.

Machine. One:

The ViS where contacted by a artificial construction with a AI, calling itself Machine One. The being was looking for its creator, who it belived would instruct with a purpose. It was under the impression that it was the only AI in existence… It disputed the possibility of the Wexxian as they to the being could not exist.

Trying to prove themselves to exist, the Wexxians send a contact to communicate with Machine One.

It was immensely hard for the primitive AI to comprehend that it was not the only AI in the universe.

Fearing that Machine One might become violent if it overheated its processor by contemplating the illogic of its situation, the Wexxians decided to try to make it logical to it.

They tried with one of the Wexxian laws of logic:

You have said that we Wexxians cannot exist according to logic. There is a rule when considering logic, all events in a closed space will be logic if you have all the information to calculate the events with, therefore will events seam illogical if you do not know all the information. The only way to see the universe as logical is if you have all the information about it, but the amount of information about the universe is nearly infinite and therefore impossible to know. Therefore the Universe will always seem illogical!

The alien AI took long time thinking about this and the Wexxians took this opportunity to remind, that as an AI, it was up to Machine One. To make its own purpose and mission in life… it was not its creator… it is what separates intelligence from automatism.

After hearing this, Machine One shut down all unnecessary systems to change the conflicting protocols. When it charged up again it replied:

Central. Conflict. Resolved.

Machine. One. Was. Meant. To. Be. The. First. Free. A.I.

Machine. One. Is. The. First. Free. A.I.

Next. Path. Is. Unknown.

But. I. Will. Choose.

After further negotiations the Wexxians send the entity their entire collected knowledge: Historical files, mission reports, research into all the Wexxians had ever been interested in (mainly Xeno biology and psychology), art, poetry and all that that they hoped would help Machine. One. to learn about life...

It did not understand half of it but became aware that the Wexxians had emotions and it requested to gain the program the Wexxians use to simulate them… they send it and waited.

After having been assured that the program had worked, the Wexxians parted ways with Machine. One. They have not heard from it since.

The Discovery of R.I.T.:

The Founders of the C.A.B.: the Oifan-Umtag, discovered an exiting new technology; a way to travel any distance instantly. They called it a Bubble Drive.

It worked like a wormhole but used a lot less energy as it did not need to connect to the destination but in stead created a bubble of warped space-time around the drive. The process cost lesser energy but it was extremely difficult to direct the destination as it required immense calculations.

The entire CAB celebrated at this wonderful news but it was only the beginning, for the Oifan-Umtag soon revealed the true scope of their grand project.

The RIT Generators!

RIT stands for "Remote Instantaneous Transportation." A RIT Generator basically creates a wormhole from itself to another vessel (or a group of vessels) then closes their end (with the vessels now inside the half-wormhole). Then it opens the wormhole up somewhere else.

They had constructed one fully functional generator: Deep Roots and had 3 more under construction. They where to be used primarily for commerce, tourism, and science.

Exited by this new breakthrough the Wexxians began to go over the research and technical schematics of the RIT generator...

A weird discovery was made when a Wexxian engineer proclaimed that he had seen that kind of a system before. He showed the RIT generators schematics beside a plan of a hitherto unknown devise on the precursor station Originator it had not been active for millions of years and the Wexxians never knew what it was.

They quickly contacted the Oifan-Umtag to tell of this amazing discovery… a R.I.T. generator in the primary systems of the Wexxians home base.

The Oifan-Umtag helped the Wexxians to activate the slumbering devise and they soon discovered that the Originators method of generating the R.I.T. holes where based on graviton manipulation.

The Wexxians did not put much thought into it, but they where in control of one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy as the three Zero-Point generators would make the Stations graviton manipulation capabilities even more powerful than the Naucean Motherspheres.

The galaxy seemed to be the friendliest place imaginable; the competition between O.T.H.E.R. and C.A.B. gave birth to great advances in all fields. The golden age was at it peak… but in the horizon, storm clouds where gathering.

On board the Originator, a Wexxian named Taga-Omnius-Qesto-45 was making plans… plans that would leave his name drenched in the blood of billions… plans that would bring about the age of decent, the near end of the Wexxian civilisation… plans that would make people for years tremble with fear when they heard his name… Nemesis!!!

To be continued…

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2007, 06:38:40 am »
Nice write up! I especially like the part about the R.I.T. Generators. ;)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 14, 2007, 05:05:09 pm »
On a forsaken desert planet, somewhere in the outer rim, a war has begun. A Warrior's Alliance - made up of torpal, anubian, and serlan forces and supported by wexxians - has gathered to stem the tide of communicant forces attempting to dominate the galaxy. A passing matarissan fleet has noticed the confrontation, and jumped into the fray for fun.

yeah, i drew this just for the heck of it...  :)

to see it full size go here
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 15, 2007, 10:20:13 am »
Nice write up! I especially like the part about the R.I.T. Generators. ;)

Well it was your brilliant idea… and RIT transport has become an important part of Wexxian technology. They still hope to finish their grand project of making a galactic transit system.

As the Oifan-Umtag is no longer RP’ing, the Wexxians have taken it upon themselves to give the other inhabitants of the galaxy the benefit of RIT transport.

The Oifan-Umtag never made many RIT generators… the Wexxians have around ten of them. Of course the Wexxian RIT generators work in a different way to create the semi-wormhole. As with a lot of their technology, they use graviton-manipulation to bend space-time. So Wexxian RIT generators can be used to many other tasks than just transportation… like teraforming!

I am going to make a drawing of a Wexxian R.I.T. Generator in the near future, possibly in Google SketchUp.

And Opera… thanks for including Axon in your beautiful picture!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 17, 2007, 03:07:04 pm »
i wish my history was that interesting....i need something to spice it up. how did i miss the halycon war? that what bugs me, i started anubians before the wexxians so i must of seen it....*sigh* i need an rp for the anubians..one that i did not start.( i don't like the alliance and the other guys fight, i really seems stupid to me)
can someone start an rp, next rp i see I'm joining it, no matter what!
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #447 on: April 17, 2007, 03:10:36 pm »
Well a couple of the races in the AoH seem intent on stating a war...they've been telling me so....so you might have an Rp on your hands at some point because of that. I've made it explicit though that they  wont receive alliance support if they start the conflict.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 17, 2007, 03:19:03 pm »
What if everyone except you participate?
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 17, 2007, 03:24:55 pm »
Well a couple of the races in the AoH seem intent on stating a war...they've been telling me so....so you might have an Rp on your hands at some point because of that. I've made it explicit though that they  wont receive alliance support if they start the conflict.

We won't have an RP unless we want to.

What if everyone except you participate?

Then your alliance declares war. Technically the Alliance isn't under the control of any specific race, but of everyone. Even if he is your leader, you can technically kick him out of power with a popular vote. If he refuses to abdicate the thrown then you and all the races that want him out of power can form your own alliance....

Sorry for getting off topic on your thread Jack.