Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 165711 times)

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Indescenant-wrath in a box
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #390 on: March 13, 2007, 03:08:43 am »
Wait, but isn't that a bit dishonest? They 'protect' yet they are interfering with another race's way of life and social system (Picard would not be happy, lol sorry  :P ).

Are the races that have Spec Ops on them told of this? Do they have a choice in the matter? Or is this kinda like a 'smoking gun' kinda thing where it's ok to snoop on someone's planet because 'they might need them'.

Lol, sorry if that sounds harsh, but it seems like the Spec-Ops have a very political undertone that is very relevant to today's geopolitical system.
I have photo paint, Taven style yarr :P.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 13, 2007, 05:28:14 am »
It is not harsh at all, It is a very valid and interesting question.

First of all; the Wexxians do not follow the Federation code of non-interference. Especially in the early years of Wexxian space exploration, they contacted every species they come across. And secondly; the Spec-Ops don’t interfere in all kinds of situations. Their mission on the planet they are stationed on is to learn of the species occupying it. They are stationed for life and consider themselves part of the species they are living with. Their concern is therefore always the security and safety of their hosts.

They don’t change the way of life or culture of the species they are living with, they are simply on the look out for dangers and try to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

If you one day realise how close you came to total annihilation a few days back if it had not been for that stranger who somehow managed to get you away from the railroad tracks in time, you might think that Picard would approve anyway.

The only species who know of the Spec-Ops are the Wexxians, they never reveal the true nature of their operatives, this is because they have long experience with biologicals, and how they mistrust both each others and the Wexxians’ motives. The panic and paranoia that would erupt if the Spec-Ops where ever revealed, would be devastating.

Therefore the Wexxians think that it is best kept a secret.

There are many ethical and moral dilemmas with the Spec-Ops, but the Wexxians have always had to make difficult decisions. And sometimes it is better to chose the lesser of two evils…

Right or wrong… the Wexxians stand true to their conviction. And hope for the best!   

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 13, 2007, 05:59:47 am »
Well that does make things a bit clearer, but i still say that Picard would not approve  :P.

lol j/k  ;D.

But the thing I'm most interested in how they meld with a race that has a very strict system of populace control. For example, My communicants all wear fanatic masks that read their unique brainwaves for unfaithful thoughts. Those that have masks can speak with others who have them, and have access to their brainwaves (to better weed out heretics). Surely they wouldn't be able to duplicate such a brain wave.

Or to give another example, a race that keeps a very orderly family record, down to the last child ( i'm thinkin klingons here, lol). One who isn't part of a family will no doubt be the subject of great suspicion. Would they have to kill someone and take over his life?

All in all I love the Wexxians, but these Spec-Ops perplex me, which should be fitting since they are so secretive, lol  ;D.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:10:51 am by Tavenknaughtlin »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 13, 2007, 09:32:01 am »
That’s a tough one! But the Wexxians can actually pick up brainwaves with the right sensors and often use it to learn a species language. After this, they do not read them as it is considered both rude and an invasion of privacy.

I guess they would be able to in some extend forge a false brainwave pattern. The Communicants has to read the brainwaves after they have gone from:

Brain-mask-mask-brain.

In this the masks would be the weak link, as the mask only will be able read the brainwaves to the limits of its own function. This makes the job of duplicating the signal a little easier.

I don’t know how complicated it would be, but the Wexxians are pretty good with creating programs to do those kind of things. In their first encounter with a biological species, they scanned the species brains and hormone systems and wrote a program to simulate emotions based on it… and that was 500 years ago.

Usually Spec-Ops settle down in heavily populated areas, where it is difficult to keep track on who comes and who goes. If there is control and records about these, then there has to be computer records or archives where these information’s are stored. Computers can be hacked and archives can be tampered with. The Spec-Ops always make sure to have a good back-story.

And they avoid killing people… they are only good at it in case of some evil genius try to take over the world, or something like that… And there always is, for some reason.

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 13, 2007, 01:43:55 pm »
And they avoid killing people… they are only good at it in case of some evil genius try to take over the world, or something like that… And there always is, for some reason.

Hmmm, does an evil genius who has already taken over his world and planning the destruction and subjugation of all life count?

I sure hope not  ;D

But I guess how you described how they work would seem viable. Although a false brainwave would give off bad signals, they might get away with it on a backwater farming planet  ;).

For some reason I keep seeing these guys as a robotic Sam Fisher, dropping down on people and snapping necks. But I think that's just because i've been playing Splinter Cell too much, lol.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 13, 2007, 03:11:49 pm »
But what about the ghulos? are the special ops and the pointy-leg bots gonna kill all them :(?

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 13, 2007, 03:15:42 pm »
The Omic will help if the monsters hurt them, kay?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 13, 2007, 03:16:05 pm »
Don't worry, they are quite safe!

Why do you think that the Wexxians would want to kill them?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 13, 2007, 04:03:37 pm »
this is absurd, wexxians would hurt a fly, its completely impossible. i see the spec ops as a invisible mother. if you get invade, the spec-ops can be your savior and you may not no it. you are panicking about being protected, for no charge, and no interruption. i say it is the best thing ever. if i made a spec op(which i will when i get omic nano) i was gonna make it a killing machine capable of killing without being detected. so be glad the spec ops are in the wexxians hands. what would you do with that kind of power.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #399 on: March 13, 2007, 05:07:40 pm »
Lets just put that the only reason your planet wasn't destroyed by mutated Kratok spec-ops is by Kratokian overpuffed glory.

And that they have met about, like three different races....

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 13, 2007, 07:15:38 pm »
Can the Ghulos Dark Operatives not like the Wexxian spec-ops and deport/murder them? The Ghulos value privacy, even if the Wexxians make good trading partners. Those wexxians sure love bauxite.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 14, 2007, 03:20:27 am »
It is possible, however improbable.

First the Ghulos would have to discover that one ore more of their citizens where in fact not Ghulos. As the Spec-Ops are experts at laying low and avoiding attention it is highly unlikely that anyone ever will suspect them of anything.

If they ever where discovered, they would relocate themselves with a new identity and new appearance. And anyone trying to catch them would be back to square one.

All in all it would be almost impossible to detect and identify the Spec-Ops, even if you are looking for them… and as nobody but the Wexxians do, then I don’t think that there is any danger.

Don’t worry, I wouldn’t use them on your worlds without your permission.

As for the trade of bauxite; it can always be manufactured into aluminum and be used or trade to others.

Often the Wexxians do not need the things they receive in trade, the Wexxians society is highly self-sufficient (Or at least before the destruction of the Licentia) and their main reason for trade is that it benefits the other part and builds a connection between the Wexxians and them. That is why the Wexxians have spent such great efforts to build out the R.I.T. transportation network.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 14, 2007, 01:35:36 pm »
Ghulos society is very ordered with chipping. If some random dude just showed up the government would be like "hay who's dis?"

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 14, 2007, 03:04:44 pm »
They are “Sneaky, sneaky!” he he!  ;)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 14, 2007, 04:06:40 pm »
So are the Dark Ops. That's why they are Dark. If they were the luminescient ops they would be easily seen!