Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 167857 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2007, 10:26:06 am »
man the GU will expload in anger if they found out about the spec-ops...good plan keeping it secret, but when my spec ops get established i make it something for all to see and fear.

The GU explodes with anger often… when the war one day will be over, the Wexxians will be more careful when dealing with there species.

OMG that Wexxian looks funny… I mean original! Its cool in its own way! Thanks!!!  ;D  :D

As a mater of fact, I DO have something new. As the Attack Droid won the vote I hereby percent you with the bulkhead of the Wexxian ground forces:

The Wexxian Attack Droid MK-1

Type:

Attack/Defence Droid 

Standard Length:

1,2 meters

Standard Span:

0,3 meters

Range:

1000  kilometres

Standard Mass:

1,2 kg

Weapons:

1, Ionic stun gun. 1, “Web spinner” liquid sprayer.

Defence:

None.

Power source:

One micro sized Cold-fusion generator. Alternatively a hyperspace energy absorber.

Top Speed:

98, 3 km/h 

History:

In the Reclamation Age; the Wexxians designed the first Attack Droids to counter the fact that the Wexxians have the numbers against them. Despite being a technologically advanced species, they are few in numbers. The Attack Droid was designed to aid the Wexxians in any combat they would be exposed to, while still upholding the Wexxian ideals.

Description:

Not much to look at, the MK-1 is somewhat weak in strength, but it utilises a effective tactic, proven by the ViS many years ago… Strength in Numbers. The MK-1 class droids attack in such great a number that they are often described as a “Gray tidal wave of metal”

The droids are inexpensive and easy (For Wexxians) to mass-produce.

As with any Wexxian equipment, versatility is the key with the Attack Droids. They can be employed in any situation and expected to perform perfectly.

The MK-1 is controlled by a rudimentary AI, basically just enough capacity to know how to move and recognise friend and foe. There has been much debate among the Wexxians about the ethically dilemma of Advanced AI’s creating simple AI’s to do their biding. Therefore, the Wexxians have decided to be ready if one of their creations one day will claim sapience.

There is however no indication that the Mark-1 will ever amount to anything but a tool. Their AI’s are produced of fixed parameters. And their computer systems are not “Roomy” enough, as the Wexxians call it!

The Wexxians are already in the development of a Mark-2 for more efficiency.

Now for next vote… 

The choices are:
Wexxian History, Continued.
Wexxian Science:
          Graviton Manipulation. (Shaping the Universe)
          Energy Technology. (Ionic Weaponry)
          Faster than Light travel. (Why Wexxians have such fast ships)
          Experimental Weapons Research. (Black-Hole based weapons)
          The Theorised; Micro-Retraction Effect. (Boring Stuff)
Wexxian Culture:
   The Life of a Wexxian:
        -Spec-Ops Undercover Operative.
        -Spec-Ops Strike Team Member.
        -Wexxian Worker (Residing in Indigo-City)
        -Wexxian Star ship Captain.
        -Wexxian Diplomat.

I am writhing Axons background story, it’s a slow process, but I’m writhing it a chapter a time.

You can either wait until I am done with the first story… Or, I can start publishing it now… a chapter a time like in a magazine. And you will get it chopped up into bits but without having to wait so long.

It would also give you all a chance to come with comments and suggestions as the story progress.

In any case… I’m putting it on the vote!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:46:12 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2007, 11:37:50 am »
the attack droid is scary :(

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2007, 01:19:10 pm »
awesome droid!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2007, 01:38:28 pm »

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2007, 04:45:27 pm »
Would it really be wise to have the tail that thick, and the body that thin?
Wouldn't work better if it were a bit more balanced?

ANYWAY, I reckon the idea is cool and it's executed well, especially considering you're using paint. As with the rest of your 2 dimensionals. :)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2007, 07:02:28 am »
Would it really be wise to have the tail that thick, and the body that thin?
Wouldn't work better if it were a bit more balanced?

ANYWAY, I reckon the idea is cool and it's executed well, especially considering you're using paint. As with the rest of your 2 dimensionals. :)

Ahh, you got me there… It should have been thicker in the body but then again the machinery there might be heavier than the tail.

I also forgot to write that the tail shoots a liquid that, on impact, stiffens and becomes a thick, rubber like substance.

The MK-1 uses this weapon to immobilise enemy infantry or vessels by spaying their limbs or joints with it so they become immobile.

The liquid is known to the Wexxians as formula; 15RQ26232-T. And after coagulation, it lasts a few hours before degrading and falling apart. At whish time the Wexxians are expected to have gathered their prisoners.

The material also degrades when subjugated to extreme heat, in order to make it possible for a captured subject to escape dangers such as fires, without lying helpless.

The MK-1 might be small, but they attack by the thousands and their legs can grab onto any kind of surface and climb onto any vessel.

On a last note; the material, when degrading, breaks down into components that are safe for any environment. (When the Wexxians are at war, they still provide excellent public service) And the droids are also used as fire-droids with replacing their liquid containers with a fire-quelling substance.

Thanks for all the nice replies!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2007, 12:42:51 pm »
awesome, although  they won't fair much in Xelos time, i've just concoted a weapon that will render all wexxians simple targets, and even biological form weak,but i'm not gonna show this weapon till Xelos comes into power. think of it like an EMP on acid. about th eMK-1, it dosn't look like much a treat, the stinger can hurt and the 1 kilometer range(seriously does a wexxian understand what close combat means?) can prove annoying.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2007, 01:58:32 pm »
1000 km range!!! not 1

As I said they are not much of a threat one on one, but they attack in such large numbers that they overpower most foes!

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 11, 2007, 03:10:50 pm »
:( the wexxians are gonna kill us all with their sharp leg stabbots :(.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 11, 2007, 03:24:48 pm »
Oh dear! [/C3PO Voice]
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2007, 05:43:25 pm »
if its 1000 KM
why does it say 1.000...
did you mean 1,000? stinking typos. again i say do wexxian know the meaning of close combat.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2007, 05:52:08 pm »
Yeah they do, but then again... they are not a species that like war, so they are not all that good at it!

But their "Operatives" know the meaning of close combat... its when your enemy’s dying breath fogs your main visual receptor while the only thing still keeping him up is your wrist blade in his stomach!

They KNOW!

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2007, 11:48:17 am »
the special ops are gonna kill all the squillisks :(

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2007, 12:33:27 pm »
i can't wait to see a spec ops versus a black op, when LA is over i'll get to drawing one.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2007, 02:18:52 am »
the attack droid is scary :(

:( the wexxians are gonna kill us all with their sharp leg stabbots :(.
the special ops are gonna kill all the squillisks :(

You seam to be a bit negative about the Wexxians war capabilities!

Either you are joking or else the GU propaganda has been more effective than I thought.

The words “Wexxian” and “Kill” do not belong in the same sentence… especially not in killing their allies; the Squillisk.

The MK-1 Attack Droid is designed as it is to be fast and cheap. The pointy legs aren’t used as weapons.

And the Spec-Ops are protectors, not killers. Their main priorities are the security and safety of the planets they are stationed on. They can kill, and they are good at it, but they are still Wexxians.

The Wexxians post Spec-Ops on all the habited planets they encounter; on pre-space age planets, they have usually a contingent of 4-5 operatives. On more developed worlds, they have 2-3 of them. The reason is that it is more difficult to keep track on a species before they get a proper communication and infra-structure.

Sometimes all it takes is a gentle nudge in the right direction for a species to prosper. The Spec-Ops are the ones who try to keep things on track.

Example from the Undercover Spec-Ops mission reports: (Names are changed to ensure security upholding)

The capital city of planet #### has completed construction of an experimental Cold-Fusion power plant. Before the day of the initiation of the reactor, a operative breaks into the control room and change the calculations of the containment system. At the start-up everything runs smoothly and it takes four years of research before the scientists of #### realise that their initial calculations would have resulted in the destruction of their continent.

Of course it doesn’t always go that easy. There have been incidents where the interference of the Spec-Ops has had negative result, but they are few and most of the operatives discard those incidents as “Necrid happens!”  :)

Some Spec-Ops begin families on their stationed worlds and on those worlds where adoption is not culturally frowned upon; there are rare cases of where the adopted biological children take over their fathers’ legacy as operatives of the Wexxians.

You can have all the doubts about the Wexxians motives, but they are what they are and they do what they do… Why? Because SOMEBODY has to!  ;)