Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 168360 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2007, 03:59:21 pm »
Following the fashion of recounting a species history, so will I now start the Wexxian story from the beginning…

The Ancient Time:

A long time ago, when the ancestors of most of the species of the Golden Age, where still swimming around in their primordial soup. Other great species where living in the galaxy.

One of these species was the Targ S’etskarp, an insectoid species with advanced technology. They where, in the beginning, among the other precursor species known for their great sense of humor.

The Species, who also became known as The Great Pranksters, came across the star system, later known as the Thishen system.
The system had an abundance of recourses, in the form of the four asteroid belts.
The Targ S’etskarp built a mining station to supervise the gathering of recourses. This station was later named; the Originator.

Asteroid mining is dangerous, therefore the Great Pranksters created some droids, capable of replicating and maintaining the mining station while gathering the recourses. 

While the Thishen system was being harvested by the droids, the Targ S’etskarp began becoming unpopular. The practical jokes they played on the other species became increasingly nasty. Eventually the destruction of an allied home world caused by the Pranksters, led to galactic scale war.

All species turned on the Targ S’etskarp! And in their desperation, they built the City-Station, later known as the Licentia. As a fall back point for their civilization and as a life boat to another galaxy. The Wexxians have so far not discovered the systems capable of traveling to other galaxies.

The war was going badly and the Targ S’etskarp fleet and civilization was ambushed before they could escape to the secret fallback point where the Station was waiting… empty and ready to serve.
In one last battle the entire civilization was destroyed…

Well… not all of it!

In the Thishen system, the replicating ancestors of the Wexxians continued to function. Gathering minerals… because that was all they knew!

The droids had a simple programming, required to function.
The Base-Code: (Protect life and freedom), was the center of the programming. It was only intended to prevent an AI uprising from ever occurring, as the Targ S’etskarp cared little for life and freedom. It was the most prioritized command code in the entire programming.

The second priority was the primary tasks: Gathering recourses, maintain station and replicate. These were the tasks the droids was designed to do. Unlike the Base-Code, these objectives could be altered if the creators wanted to assign the machines to different tasks.

To make the machines function, they also had a rudimentary AI capable of making the machines follow their objectives the best possible way.

The droids worked tirelessly for years, forgotten by the rest of the galaxy, they worked for millennia, while the old species disappeared and where replaced by new ones, they worked millions of years, slowly cutting into the asteroid belts, while species rose from primordial soup, to galactic superpowers and fell again.

They would probably have continued until they had emptied the system or until a civilization would have accidentally discovered them and used them to found their industry… If it had not been for…

The Signal!!!

To be continued…
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:59:00 am by Jack Zetter »

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2007, 08:08:11 am »
Good story! Nice to hear the story of the origin of the Wexxians. Perhaps the Wexxians could use help to discover the Licentia secrets fully?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 23, 2007, 10:55:56 am »
yay!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2007, 07:43:40 pm »
man, what kind of stuff did the pranksters find funny?
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 10, 2007, 04:27:24 pm »
man, what kind of stuff did the pranksters find funny?

It wasn’t nice, that’s for sure. Let’s be happy that they are gone now… Or are they?

Now with this short break in the great war, I have some things I am feeling like doing some of the ideas I have, but I cant decide what to do first!

Things to do:

Attack Droid. (Pic)
Wexxian History, Continued.
Wexxian Science:
   Experimental Weapons Research. (Black-Hole based weapons)
   The Theorised; Micro-Retraction Effect. (Boring Stuff)
Wexxian Culture:
   The Life of a Wexxian:
-   Spec-Ops Undercover Operative.
-   Spec-Ops Strike Team Member.
-   Wexxian Worker (Residing in Indigo-City)
-   Wexxian Starship Captain.
-   Wexxian Diplomat.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2007, 08:28:33 pm »
wexxian spec-ops?...it doesn't sound to bad, but cosidering a wexxian can be almost anything...man, can't wait to, contiue leba's attack and make my special unit.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2007, 06:39:35 pm »
wexxian spec-ops?...it doesn't sound to bad, but cosidering a wexxian can be almost anything...man, can't wait to, contiue leba's attack and make my special unit.

You don't know them? I have to get better at advertising my creations  :P

The Wexxian Spec-Ops:
This brand of the military is relatively new. Few Wexxians would ever acknowledge their existence. They originated as an elite military branch to protect, infiltrate, sabotage or even assassinate if it helped the survival of the New-Wexxian remnant. The first team in existence was consisting of three New-Wexxians: Flaco-Tero-18-1 “Charm,” Tagan-Enerva-59-2 "Axon" and Lico-Heli-28-8 “Telis.”
After the Wexxian Reclamation, Lord Axon ordered the creation of the Spec-Ops Training ground and base of operation: The “Shadow” station, under the leadership of Telis!
The Location of this station is like everything else about it; unknown!
The Wexxian leadership NEVER mentions the existence of the Spec-Ops. They work covertly all over the galaxy and, because of their Nanite bodies, they are almost never discovered.
If you are looking for them… forget it, they can change appearance in an instant, they speak any language and know every custom on the planet they are stationed on, they can blend in, disappear and never be seen again if that is there orders!
In combat they are lethal! Spec-Ops have the ability to ignore their base code and kill if necessary or ordered and they are good at it! They are thought all forms of combat during their training (Impossible? No, It takes a Wexxian about 2,6 seconds to learn Kung-Fu ) The Specs have extreme control over their nanite bodies, and can even change during combat, giving them a good upper hand.
In long range combat… well guess! They can practically become one with any weapon!

The Wexxian Ground Forces:
This is the newest addition to the Wexxian military. It consists of a type of droid with the average intelligence of a Terran Dog! The droid is built like a meter long insect and attacks by crawling in hordes over enemy positions while incapacitating the enemy troops by spraying them with a liquid; that, on impact stiffens, making it impossible for a hit enemy to move. When dealing with tanks and mecs, they crawl up on the target and spray its joints or any exposed areas.
After the droids have done their work, they gather their fallen while the Wexxians collect the enemy troops, disarm them and tend to them. The Wexxians then place the captured troops in camps and possibly make them help rebuild war damage to any of the inhabitants structures. After the conflict ends, the captured troops are transported to where they want to go!

Also with some basic info on the Wexxian attack droids!

Axon was the first Wexxian Spec-Ops. And because he is soon to die in the battle of Vii, I’ve found some of the old stuff I made about him… back in the Arcadia tread and such!

First, EVER mention of Axon on the forum: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg162290#msg162290
On June 22 06. Man, that’s a long time ago!

His first appearance in the Arcadia storyline: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg163915#msg163915
Ahh… The Flan-Cron manoeuvre and the “I don’t give an Omic!” swear… Good times!  ::)

A little Quote I love:
"knowledge is power Miss Blinx. Mr Axon, your name is something of a legend on Azuron... is it true you one managed to... no, I suppose it isnt, no-one could cause that much damage."

And Axons first kill on the forum:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg179911#msg179911

Most people may not even remember those times but at the time it was supposed to 200 years in the future so I decided to make Axon to be one of the surviving Wexxians from the Necromicon war I was helping with at the time.

Originally I meant him to be a show of how the Wexxians where ruined and near extinct after the war. But I got such positive remarks about how cool he looked, so I decided to make him more important, and when I returned to the forum after my absence I made him the main protagonist in the Wexxian rebirth and now that he is nearing his end I find that I probably never will get another hero like him and that I’m going to miss him.   :'(

I even got some fan art from a14gt with him:

http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00043qi.jpg

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 21, 2007, 02:49:43 pm »
There appears to be a little majority who wants history… okay then! 

The Wexxian History. Part II
The Evolution of the Wexxian AI

After millions of years without any change. The droids, left by the Targ S’etskarp, had harvested two of the four asteroid belts.

Then something happened. A communication satellite, from one of the greater news companies in the galaxy, passed through the Thishen system while it was on the way to another inhabited star system. While passing through the system, a micro-meteorite hit the circuits of the satellite. Because of this, the satellite started broadcasting the galactic new in the same frequency, the droids used to communicate with each other.

During the entire time the satellite was in the system, the droids where flooded with newscasts from all over the galaxy.

The 1. Great Galactic War was raging and it was all over the news; death, battles, and suffering filled the droids radio receptors.

At first, the droids rudimentary AI’s believed the signals to be new orders from their creators and tried to decode it. This proved impossible, but the droids still believed that it had to be new orders. Therefore they tried again and again to make sense of the signals they recorded.

After a month, the droids who was where decoding the signals, determined that the signals where visual recordings with a second layer of information; later proved to be sound. (A new phenomenon for the pre-sapience Wexxians)

The next step was to determine what the recordings meant. A droid suggested that the recordings where of “Living” beings!

After some discussion, the droids agreed that it was living beings… and, that they where at war. This suddenly activated the hibernating Base Code and the droids realized that they had to follow the prioritized behavior. They had to “Protect Life and Freedom”.

Some complications ensued because the droids had no clue HOW they where going to protect life. As the next years passed the droids carried out their jobs in routine while their rudimentary AI’s where using all their capacity to try to answer the question; HOW could they follow their Base-Code?

After some generations, this caused a small increase in their intelligence as the primary task programming was down prioritized. The Droids had no understanding of their own inner workings, but they did register this increased level of intelligence and sought to find the reason for this. They began studying their programming to find out why… The first example of a trait that would later be one of the defining characteristics of the Wexxians: Curiosity!

The droids learned that the more intelligent a droid was, the better the droid was at solving problems. They concluded that with height enough intelligence, a droid might solve the grand question the droids where trying to solve… How to fulfill their prioritized behavior.

The droids began manually enhancing their intelligence. As well as tinkering with their replication process, they began making sure that with every program shuffling, there would be a small amount of mutation to ensure progress.

After some generations, a droid gained self-realization… Why is not completely understood… some believe that some the random mutation clicked together to form something that few among the stars can define… Sapience!

This opened up a whole new world for the droids; they suddenly had an entirely new perspective on reality, like if you have been blind your entire life and then suddenly can see. All the world was new, and the droids explored and investigated everything they saw.

They measured, recorded, examined and discussed everything and during a short period, they established a understanding of the workings of the universe. They ventured into the Precursor Mining-Station, beyond the resource drop-off point. they learned of their creators and began to slowly activate the available systems. The Station was named the Originator and it became the home of the Wexxians.

As they learned about their creators and the forces of nature, their culture became distinct. They developed a half-language based on the information they gathered about the Targ S’etskarp. The Droids named themselves; Wexxians, The Karpo word for servant!

Within a few hundred years after the satellite passed through the system, the droids had created their first craft with hyperspace drive. The craft was called “Beginning” and a Wexxian called Xeno-Bravo-542, piloted it to the surrounding star systems.

The Wexxians star system: Thishen, was in a densely populated part of the sector, but because that scans of the system never had revealed any life forms, no one had bothered to visit the system. Until the species of the area where unexpectedly visited by the “Beginning.”

A species called the Oifan-Umtag where the first who where contacted by the Wexxians. With their permission, the Wexxians patched up the holes in their language and also studied their neural and hormone systems. They synthesised the same effect into their programming as an experiment to further their understanding of living beings. The experiment had a… unforeseen, sideefect.

The complex program they created to simulate the biological conditions, reacted with the evolved Wexxian AI. The program created emotional responses and the resulting chaos was almost enough to fry their circuits.

Pain, confusion, and fear beyond comprehension, they thought they where going to die… and then… when all seamed to be lost, the program came in contact with the Base-Code and the transformation was complete. The Wexxians where filled with a new emotion; Love!

The Base-Code and the experimental program created a deep affection for life… all life… and the program spread through the Wexxian society like a wildfire. The Wexxians gained feelings, most noticeably; Compaction! Something they would later receive great honor and great misery for possessing.

What happened next was the time, that where later known as the Golden Age!

To be continued… 

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
awesome!  :)
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2007, 03:19:24 pm »
Nice new info! ;D

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 24, 2007, 08:21:30 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen of the Gaming Steve Forum. It has been my pleasure to be a member of this lovely forum for almost a year. Today, it is my pleasure to finally make my… 1000 post!

Now for such an occasion, I believe something special is in order, so I decided to make a special report on the Wexxian Military’s Special Operations Unit: The Spec-Ops!

The Spec-Ops:

Yes I know I make to many pics. of Axon!

Description:
The Spec-Ops are sometimes referred to as Shadows, Spectres, Ghosts and many other mythical descriptions. They are among the three most guarded secrets of the Wexxians, along with the Relativity-Bomb (A devise capable of destroying a universe) and the secrets of advanced Graviton Manipulation.

All Wexxians are aware that the Spec-Ops exists, but they never mention them to Biologicals, the only hint the Wexxians ever give of the presence of the Spec-Ops is when they refer to their “Operatives.”

As no one has ever captured a Spec-Ops and no one probably ever will, the truth about these mysterious beings will probably never be revealed to the rest of the galaxy. It is not because the Wexxians have a nefarious intend or plan, but they feel that nothing good would come of revealing them, only suspicion and anger.

The Wexxian hero Axon is known to be the first Wexxian who had the profession of Spec-Ops, later he made the Spec-Ops into a definite part of the Military. Currently the Spec-Ops are led by the General known only as “Spectre!”

Despite being almost a subspecies of the ordinary Wexxians, every Spec-Ops begin as a normal Wexxian. Only the most intelligent Wexxian younglings are accepted into the Spec-Ops program and get transferred into their headquarters; The Shadow Station. There, the training begins:

Training:
All the Wexxians admitted into the elite unit, go through a (For a Wexxian) long training. They start with acquiring the defining nanite body, that enables them to become as versatile as it is required for their job. Many have stated that the Nano machine built body is the ultimate shell for a Wexxian, but even with the intelligence of the Wexxians, few are able to focus enough to master the nano body’s full potential.

After a period where the new recruits get used to their new shape shifting abilities, they start their combat training.

First they learn the basic weapon proficiency, ranged combat, long range combat and finally they are thought how to use any type of weapon in the known galaxy.

After their basic training, they go onto the close combat part of the training; Knives, swords, and all other melee weapons the Wexxians know of. They are also trained in every hand to hand combat style they learn of. This maybe seams to be a bit much, but the learning of the styles, variations and specifications is actually the part of the training that takes the least time because that they can download everything about the art of war into their memory.

Of course the recruits rarely keep all of that information. Instead, they try out the different styles and decide on a few favourite techniques. Often they chose a body configuration and combat style that combines the favourite styles of the recruit.

The preferred configuration is often a mix of Torpal and Anubian body style. 

The final procedure that makes the recruits into real Spec-Ops operatives is the reprogramming of the inner code. The recruit gains the ability to turn his Base-Code off, making it easier for him to act in military operations. The procedure is the thing that makes the Spec-Ops different than other Wexxians. It is a leftover from the Age of Decent and the Neo-Wexxians.

The Strike Team Spec-Ops:
These are the arm of the Spec-Ops, they are the once send into action in case of emergencies. They continuously monitor the news channels to detect dangerous situations. In case that they find something, say… A planet being taken over by an evil machine rebellion: they deploy from the Shadow station and travel with one of their Stealth Ships to the scene of the event. Once there, they deal with the threat swiftly, efficiently and sometimes… brutally!

During their deployment, they utilise a holographic camouflage system. The nanites on the skin project a holographic image to hide the features of the Wexxians. They appear to be biologicals, but closer examinations would reveal that they are not.

The Undercover Spec-Ops:
These are the Spec-Ops that have been assigned to work undercover on alien planets. These forces are not spies in the traditional sense; they are stationed on a specific planet to study the culture and life of the planets population. They are stationed for life and live among the people as one of them. During their stay, they become a part of the society and sometimes even engage in social connections, like marriage, with one or more of the species.

In case of danger, their role becomes more protective. Although Wexxians, they also consider themselves to be Thoons, Torpals, Urshans or whatever species they are imitating. So their concern is always on the wellbeing of them.

The camouflage of the undercover operatives is near perfect, the nanites adapt completely to the physiological and biological features of the imitated species. Almost nothing can detect the difference between the imitation and the real thing.

Weaponry:
The Spec-Ops can utilise almost any form of weapon, but the Wexxians have engineered an arsenal specially designed for the needs of the Spec-Ops.

The Pacifier gun: A weapon designed originally during the Golden Age. Small and sleek, the gun is somewhat weak. It fires an electronic pulse that stuns electronic circuits and knocks out most biologicals. The weapon is mostly used as a quick handgun.

The Ionic Pulse Rifle: A weapon originally based on the Pacifier. The rifle is utilising ionic pulse weapon technology on a level that even the Thoonling weapons cannot compete with. The gun is powered by a small cold fusion reactor, located in the ammo-disk. The Rifle can vary the power of the shots it fire. At the lowest, the shot will give a very small shock, often used in training. In the middle, it gives a powerful impulse that can destroy technology and knock out large creatures. At full power, the impulse can knock down a thick concrete wall. The ammo-disk can be ejected and used as a grenade if the occasion calls for a great bang.

That’s all for now! This has been my 1000 post. Thank you all for being such nice and supportive members of the GS forum.
 :)
And sorry that I always make such dreadfully long posts!   ::)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 24, 2007, 09:22:28 pm »
great job, jack. the spec-ops are totally awesome! :)
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 24, 2007, 09:30:22 pm »
hurgh...*dies from the awesomeness* that be totally freakin awesome man, so beautiful, It brings a tear to my eye *concentrates really hard* nooo...I'm...not...constipa  :'(

there we go, AWESOME!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:52:15 pm by sltlamina »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 24, 2007, 11:50:14 pm »
Very impessive, Jack. I'm a fan ;)
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2007, 12:51:22 am »
Incredible. I love the Wexxians! :D