Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 165752 times)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2006, 03:47:24 pm »
Nice job, I really like your fan-arts dude.

seconded.
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2006, 04:15:34 pm »
HAHA It looks like a vacuum cleaner! (albeit a super-advanced streamlined model with built in superior intelligence, tentacles, eyes, etc...)
Lol jk, Nice Fanart (I'm so mean... :-\)
How do you guys make such well-defined drawings? The only way I can make pictures is drawing them and colouring them completely on paper, then scanning.
Is there some kind of free software you can use thats better than Paint (lol).

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2006, 07:20:07 pm »

The Restoration:

Nova-Prime slowly glided into the gigantic docking bay of the forerunner station and landed on one of the platforms.

Axon and his crew exited the ship and saw the immensely large bay where there where platforms and gravitational holding emitters in all sizes. Above them, the blackness of space was visible through a thin force field, holding in the atmosphere, the air was cold but breathable.

As they progressed through the station, the crew noticed that the architecture was like that of the old Originator and that the entire complex seamed abandoned.
They reached what appeared to be the stations main command centre after taking a couple of turbo elevators; the command centre was a large circular room with the centre raised from the floor level above the hundreds of computer terminals occupying the room in a round pattern.

Axon walked up to the centre and touched what appeared to be the mainframe console. It started up immediately. He turned to his science officer.

“Get to work, I want to know all that we can find about this station ASAP, Primary systems, type, age, power source and most important, why it was deserted!”

“Sir, why is that important?”

“Because you’d need a damn good reason to just leave a place like this, and if there is any danger to the crew or us, I will order a withdrawal without hesitation.”

An hour later:

The science officer addresses Capitan Axon;

“Sir, it appears that this is one of “The Great Pranksters’” Factory/City Stations, and that it was left here about a million years ago and has been on standby ever since!”
“Hey, hang on there for a minute!” Axon interrupted. “On standby… For a MILLION years?”
“Yes sir, the station seems to be powered by no less than six Zero-Point-Modules!”

Axon grabbed the railing of the centre platform. SIX Zero-Point-Modules!

“By the ascended, that’s huge... What about the reason why it was left here deserted?”
“No information sir, it just seams that the creators left without even turning anything off!”
“Okay then, does there appear to be any danger?” Axon enquired.
“Nothing that we can detect, Sir!”

Axon looked out over the room where the rest of the Wexxians where working. He addressed them;

“Listen up all of you, I, Tagan-Enerva-59-2, captain of the Nova-Prime, and acting Protector-of-the-Wexxian-Species, hereby claim this station in the name of the Wexxian civilisation and dub it; The Licentia Station.
Spread the message through hyperspace to the nomad convoys… Friends, we have a new HOME!!!”

(OOC: Nice drawing a14gt, I think it looks cool.
And aligon; there is more to paint than most people think...  Ok I would also use somthing better if I could figure the more compleks drawing systems!

The Wexxians eternal love to you all!  ;) )
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 07:30:11 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2006, 07:32:28 pm »
OOOH! awesome ;D

How do you guys make such well-defined drawings? The only way I can make pictures is drawing them and colouring them completely on paper, then scanning.

i believe the free software of choice is gimp (just do a search, it's not hard to find)
speaking of that, i really need to learn how to use that thing (seeing as how all i do is draw them and scan them like you)  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2006, 04:14:20 am »
Ummmm, you've got mail.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2006, 04:20:42 am »
Just a question out of the blue...or pink or silver or whatever colour floats your boat or flies your plane YOU GET THE POINT!!! What would happen If I say..."accidentally" let of a nuke on their home world cos I didn't realize It was Inhabited...I mean would the EMP scramble their circuits *sweats and pulls at collar* you know I mean...If It ever happened...or happens *puts a sponge to head and sponges up sweat...sweat pours Into bucket* If It does happen It aint my fault and...ummm...cool creature! ;D...*creeps to the side then bolts It*

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2006, 04:41:47 am »
Just a question out of the blue...or pink or silver or whatever colour floats your boat or flies your plane YOU GET THE POINT!!! What would happen If I say..."accidentally" let of a nuke on their home world cos I didn't realize It was Inhabited...I mean would the EMP scramble their circuits *sweats and pulls at collar* you know I mean...If It ever happened...or happens *puts a sponge to head and sponges up sweat...sweat pours Into bucket* If It does happen It aint my fault and...ummm...cool creature! ;D...*creeps to the side then bolts It*

Interesting question! With multiple answerers, firstly:

Firstly the Wexxians don’t have a Home world, they are a naturally space dwelling species.

Secondly, they have advanced shield systems to prevent such attacks.

Thirdly, it would be a bad Idea since they are no longer “AI HIPPIES” (Their base code is degraded!) and have spent the better part of the last 200 years fighting to keep themselves alive.

So now, let me ask you a question:

What would happen if the Wexxians responded to such a  ..."accidental” EMP attack by, "accidentally" using the The Licentia Stations RIT drive to fold your home world into a fancy BALLONANNIMAL!!!

Good that we could have this talk!  :D

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2006, 04:44:26 am »
...good thing my species cloaked their solar system and have some of the most powerful If not the most powerful defence systems around...phew...well I'm glad such an attack almost but didn't...I MEAN...never occurred...yes...*looks around* no really I thought that whole galaxy was deserted...I mean I checked with the thermal scanner on every planet.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2006, 04:56:19 am »
who exsactly nuilt things orignaly any way?

do you have a creature for that?
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2006, 05:01:36 am »

Maybe It was an accident DOODOODOO...doo doo dooooooo!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2006, 05:36:49 am »

I believe that it was answered on the first page of the thread.

The Wexxians evolved from semi-intelligent self replicating mining robots left over from the precursor species known as “The Great Pranksters”. Little is known about them except that they disappeared after a great war and that they had a really nasty sense of humour.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 20, 2006, 07:24:33 pm »
Major updat on the first page... chek it out! 8)

whew... I dident realise there was so much!  :P 

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 20, 2006, 10:31:16 pm »
OOOH! awesome ;D

i believe the free software of choice is gimp (just do a search, it's not hard to find)
speaking of that, i really need to learn how to use that thing (seeing as how all i do is draw them and scan them like you)  :D

Ok thanks taking a look right now.

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2006, 04:20:41 pm »

Lord Axon, the newly instated leader of the Wexxians sat at his desk; he was reading reports from various places in the governments, some where describing the progress in settling on the station, while others where concerning the resent trading agreements with the Yunimius, the recourses in the stations depots should be suitable for the first payment for the Zero-point blueprints they where to supply.
Another report was from one of the engineers who had discovered that the Licentia stations computer seamed to be communicating with the Wexxians base codes, the engineer thought that this might be the remains of an old update sub-program.

Before Axon could conclude the document, he was distracted by one of his offspring who appeared to have got stuck in what appeared to a paper bin.

He helped the little sphere shaped young out of the bin; it took a second to determine what was up and down before flashing with its panels and hovering away while whistling a tune.
Axon smiled and was filled with what other species might call fatherly pride at the look of his offspring.

“Bridge to Lord Axon; Please report on the station bridge sir…”

With a final view of joy of his child, Axon left the room…

The Licentia stations bridge a moment later:

Axon walked in through the blast doors with a smile on his face (Or at least the Wexxian version of one). The last months had been very good, the Wexxians who had been scattered all over the galaxy had heeded their call and journeyed to the Licentia station where they where now helping in occupying the station and rebuilding their civilisation. Over time many young’s was created and the occupied part of the station was filled with Infant-stage Wexxians.

“What is the mater?” he asked the officer in charge of the bridge.

Sir we have detected a large space-time rupture 7,8 parsecs away.” The officer reported

“Ehh… Is that a bad thing?”

It does not affect us where we are now but we have over the last months detected many of such breaches in the space-time fabric all over the galaxy and our scientists would like to investigate the cause for this instability!

“Well… Go for it, why did you contact me for that?”

The scientists need the stations sensors to scan the rupture, so we need to jump the station closer to it… the navigation officer assures me that it will not be a problem."

“This sounds dangerous. I want everyone on their post when we jump. Order Code Red, understood?” Axon replied

Yes Sir!”

The ancient stations gravity manipulators powered up and folded space around the station. Within a second the only thing left was empty space…

To be continued…

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2006, 08:05:07 pm »
(Time to continue the story)

The Licentia station appears out of a R.I.T. generated wormhole just outside the space-time rupture.

Axon: “All right start scanning the anomaly, I want to get this done with quickly!

Scientist:Commencing scanning… We are receiving data… Ehh… Sir, you might want to take a look at the readings!

Axon reads the main screen.

Axon: “There’s something IN there?” 

Scientist: It would appear that there’s an entire star system in there… I’m even reading life signs... according to the biometric scanner its Omic life signs!

Axon: “Omic?.. How did they get there? Hail them!

Scientist: We can’t sir; it appears that the system is trapped between universes in some kind of unstable temporal reality!

Axon: “I didn’t understand any of that, but I don’t like the word unstable! Unstable, HOW? Is it dangerous?

Scientist:Not dangerous to us, but the system is almost in hyperspace, It is a good thing we travelled here by R.I.T. drive. The tiniest disturbance in the hyperspace energy flow, could destroy the system along with all life in it!

This information stirred something deep within Axons programming, a feeling of determination filled his circuits and he knew what to do…

Axon: “Assemble the top scientist, you have a standard hour to find a way to rescue those Omic! Get started…

An hour later the Lead Scientist report to Axon;

Lead Scientist: Sir, we have discussed this back and forth and have come up with an idea: If we use the station gravity manipulators, we may be able to stabilise the system while we stretch the rip over the system, and afterwards close it. Kind of the same way you pull the skin of a Wallocoba berry!

Axon: “Can this station do that?

Scientist: We believe so, but it will require a large amount of energy and I fear it will stretch our ZPM’s energy level! I advise not to go forward with the plan, but it is the only plan we’ve got!

Axon: “Get started, I want the gravity nodes powered up in 5 minutes!

The great station started powering up its gravity manipulators, the rescue operation had begun!

To be continued (Again)…

Sorry, I know I writh to much!