Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 165336 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2006, 07:57:59 am »
//As the floating Wexxians enter the Vessel of ours we try of course to do our best to impress them. At first we take them to the Garden, it is a very interessting garden, it holds plants from over 200 different planets. Then we show them our cockpit. Our cockpit is semi-plantbased, semi-machine. The plants are there to do the processing while the computers do the calculation processes. Then we show them our altar. We have a pretty well-made altar, it is rather complex as it is made of 7 different woods, and the ancient words are carved into it. Our priest teaches the Wexxians about our history, about our beliefs. The Wexxians seem to understand, and they seem to like our words. I see greatness in these metallic people. They have the heart of Gjah. They too seem to honour all life. At the end of their visitation I hand them a Gilphy, a horn like instrument made of Hijah wood. It is more a representation of friendship as they probably wont be able to use it. They seemed to like the Gilphy though

<Professor Farnsworth voice>
Get a job you lousy hippies!

Seriously, the Gjah are getting more nauseating by the second. How did they even reach the iron age? Wouldnt burning wood be awfuwy bad fow the enviwoment?  :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Flumberg

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2006, 08:01:09 am »

Seriously, the Gjah are getting more nauseating by the second. How did they even reach the iron age? Wouldnt burning wood be awfuwy bad fow the enviwoment?  :P
Quiet, you ViS are a disgrace for the face of mother nature. You are genetically engineered abominations, and we do not aprove your dullness. Simplicity is not a bliss it is a cancer. Furthermore, we have thermal wells on our homeworld that are hot enough to forge iron.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2006, 08:18:02 am »

Quiet, you ViS are a disgrace for the face of mother nature. You are genetically engineered abominations, and we do not aprove your dullness. Simplicity is not a bliss it is a cancer. Furthermore, we have thermal wells on our homeworld that are hot enough to forge iron.
//How convenient. So every species which developed on a planet without these magic vents is condemned to a life of stone age savagery?
Youre just lucky  you came from a planet where nature is lovey-dovey nice. I would argue that the ViS embody nature much more than you do. We compete, and fight, and strive against this cruel universe. We have elevated ourselves to the stage where nature can not touch us. And before this elevates into the inevitable war I remind you that trees BURN. Just think about it.
Ta-taa for now. I look forward to our next little discourse//

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2006, 08:31:46 am »
Now boys, play nicely, theres  no reason to get all worked up about something small like that.

:o WOW :o ten pages!!! incredibly! I remember being afraid that this thread would not make three pages!  :D

I´m so happy!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2006, 08:36:21 am »
Now boys, play nicely, theres  no reason to get all worked up about something small like that.

//Awwww! But theyre sooo laaame!//

Offline Flumberg

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2006, 10:26:46 am »
He started it.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2006, 01:47:28 pm »
//We were thinking. Though you know that the torpals shall always defend the wexxians in times of war, we were wonering if perhaps you would like some torpal mechs and battlesuits for your people to interface with, to have some ground forces of your own?//
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2006, 04:57:40 pm »
//We were thinking. Though you know that the torpals shall always defend the wexxians in times of war, we were wonering if perhaps you would like some torpal mechs and battlesuits for your people to interface with, to have some ground forces of your own?//

Hmm that is actually a tuoght decision. the entire Wexxian military is based on space-air supremacy. there is no ground based military whatsoever! this is quite understandable since it is only few years since Azuron was Terraformed, before that all Wexxians where concerned about was space! It never occurred to the Wexxians that ground combat might be something they would face!

The other issue is that the Wexxians don´t like war. Ground combat is much more difficult to keep from being lethal. but It is true that mechs and battelsuits would be usefull in situations like the one on Durl...

I will have to think about this!  :-\

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2006, 05:13:49 pm »
//Perfectly understandable. If you do decide you want them, just let us know.//
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2006, 09:30:38 am »

Hmm that is actually a tuoght decision. the entire Wexxian military is based on space-air supremacy. there is no ground based military whatsoever! this is quite understandable since it is only few years since Azuron was Terraformed, before that all Wexxians where concerned about was space! It never occurred to the Wexxians that ground combat might be something they would face!

The other issue is that the Wexxians don´t like war. Ground combat is much more difficult to keep from being lethal. but It is true that mechs and battelsuits would be usefull in situations like the one on Durl...

I will have to think about this!  :-\
.....I would think war in space has more chance of being lethal.....
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2006, 01:55:06 pm »
.....I would think war in space has more chance of being lethal.....

Not Actually!

The Wexxians tactic is that they use Ionic disrupter's to pierce through the enemy's shield and disable the ship systems, then while the crew of the disabled ship is getting life support back up and running, a small delegation of Wexxians land on the hull of the ship and destroy the weapons and shield generators! After that the ship has two options, float through space until they get hit by something, or surrender!

On the ground, that sort of tactic is useless!... Anny Ideas?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2006, 02:42:13 pm »
The wexxians become pioneers of exotic non-lethal weapons perhaps?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2006, 03:43:39 pm »
The wexxians become pioneers of exotic non-lethal weapons perhaps?

That would be cool. Since they are hippies and all wouldn't it be within their style to want to incapacitating their opponents without hurting them? Man, just how pissed a Torpal would be if you  incapacitated them. They would probably try to kill themselves before getting captured.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2006, 03:57:47 pm »
Man, just how pissed a Torpal would be if you  incapacitated them. They would probably try to kill themselves before getting captured.

so true
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2006, 04:26:12 pm »
Man, just how pissed a Torpal would be if you  incapacitated them. They would probably try to kill themselves before getting captured.

so true

Also makes me wonder why one is in the Intergalatic Prsion for the Prison Escpae thread... maybe he was a coward. :P