Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 167900 times)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2006, 12:50:49 pm »
joust for the fun of it (and a desperate attempt to attract attention to my beloved Wexxians) here is a badly drawn Paint image of Beta-Omicron-953, a Wexxian ambassador.

apparently he thougth it was a impressing design  :P

Wow, I totally missed that one!  :P Once again MsPaint shows its power in the right hands. (No joking. I'm actually designing graphics for a small MMO with MsPaint)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2006, 12:57:46 pm »
///Ok, we will have to take our training facillities elsewhere, No problem.
We ask if we can send scientists to keep an eye on things, and study the species there.
We also ask if we can install a Dhulam NatureTender Temple, where our priests can aid life and meditate in the perfect tranquility of a new world.///

\\The Wexxians thank the Auyuelcliads for there understanding in this matter and will gladly welcome the scientists and the priests.

Also we will of course be happy to see settlers from your race on Azuron. please check in on the Originator when your transports arrive in our system.

The Wexxians eter...   ahh you know the rest...  ;)

end transmision\\

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2006, 01:40:27 pm »
// The ViS 2.1 have been sucessfully engineered and are currently in the test phase. Expect a small group of transports at Azuron shortly//

Incidently, what does the surface of Azuron look like at the moment? I want to do a picture of the first ViS colonists arriving on the surface.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2006, 01:57:45 pm »
// The ViS 2.1 have been sucessfully engineered and are currently in the test phase. Expect a small group of transports at Azuron shortly//

Incidently, what does the surface of Azuron look like at the moment? I want to do a picture of the first ViS colonists arriving on the surface.

the surface is starting to green up now. grass like plants and that!!!

put a few Wexxians in the pic if you want, mabe they will land near Indigo City (think stargate Atlantis; atlantis but bigger city)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2006, 03:01:06 pm »
My attempts at drawing a Wexxian met with failure I'm afraid, so there isnt one in this picture.

//<20s style music plays>
"News! On the Fly. A coporation news company."

"Dateline: Thishen system. The Newly terraformed Wexxian planet Azuron is treated to its first batch of ViS colonists, the result of the visionary ViS 1.2 project.
Go get 'em boys!"

A group of ViS scouts parks their vessel and climb a nearby hill. In the distance we can see the Wexxian Indigo city to the left, and the hulk of the ViS colony vessel on the right. ViS transport ships arent designed to land so the ship was purposefully crashed into the surface of the planet. Over the years it will be dismantled and used to build the fledgling ViS colony. Hundreds of small transports are now pouring out of the ship to scout out the planet and meet the Wexxians.
It is noteworthy at the ViS 1.2 have a number of different eye colours.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2006, 10:06:24 pm »
 :o OMG :o it is absolutely beautiful Krakow Sam, I love it, really NICE  ;D :D

You have just decided how Indigo City will look and it is much better than what I had thought of!!!  :D

Welcome to Azuron!!!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2006, 12:29:08 am »
Why, thank you  :)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2006, 03:11:13 am »
Well I guess that this is the right time to reveal the map of Azuron I made last night. so here goes:

Planet Azuron

This drawing is suposed to be after the ecosystem is complete.

You may notice Indigo City on the western shore of the largest continent, and yes it is that big. the city is largely empty at the moment but the Wexxians hope that many of the settlers that will come to the planet will reside there so that they do not strain the environment with too many big city's around on the planet.

You may also notice (it is hard not to) the Sesmar Crater where a meteor struck around ten thousind years ago and created the great crater and also changed the planets orbit a great deal. the crater has been chosen as a possible location of the Dhulam NatureTender Temple (the area is a bit like Nepal and Himalaya so I thought is to be a good spot for a Temple!  ;) )

The planet has multiple different environments, ranging from desserts to rainforests and should suit many of the Intelligent species in the galaxy. the ground is full of minerals and resources that has never been exploited due to the Wexxians preference of mining in zero gravity.

\\Message to the VIS colonists:

Welcome to Azuron, please proceed to Indigo city for residences for your people. Thank you!

End transmision\\

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2006, 06:21:43 am »
Lovely. the perfect place for scientific intelligence, religious purity and similar.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2006, 07:39:10 am »
\\Message to the VIS colonists:

Welcome to Azuron, please proceed to Indigo city for residences for your people. Thank you!

End transmision\\

//Greetings Wexxian allies. Our gratitude to you for allowing us to colonise your planet. While some of us may eventually join the Metropolitan society of Indigo city, most of us would currently prefer to reside in our own settlement. The idea of the 2.1 program is to experiment to find a new ViS culture, and we will need to be somewhat isolated to achieve this lofty goal. With your permission we would like to establish a small city on the archipelago directly west of Indigo city, so we may be close to the ocean so we may study the species which inhabit it and work to establish a new way of life for ourselves.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2006, 07:43:27 am »
//Greetings Wexxian allies. Our gratitude to you for allowing us to colonise your planet. While some of us may eventually join the Metropolitan society of Indigo city, most of us would currently prefer to reside in our own settlement. The idea of the 2.1 program is to experiment to find a new ViS culture, and we will need to be somewhat isolated to achieve this lofty goal. With your permission we would like to establish a small city on the archipelago directly west of Indigo city, so we may be close to the ocean so we may study the species which inhabit it and work to establish a new way of life for ourselves.

\\Granted, may you prosper and be free!\\

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2006, 12:43:42 pm »
Thank you. Heres the new colony:

The colony on Azuron is quickly constructed and Named 'Nova City-1' (literally 'New City-1) after the ViS capital city: City-1  ;).
The towers are constructed in the new 1.2 architectural style and have huge glass walls which span multiple floors (not really glass, but  top-secret shatterproof ViS polymer). The Main tower houses all business, scientific and cultural constructions, as well as plazas, entertainment facilities, medical buildings etc and the two small towers are living quaters. Out to sea is Seabase-1 (which extends to the sea-floor at that level. It is the home of the marine study program and coordinates the population of the virgin Azuron oceans. Attached to the city is a ZP power-station and a communications array.
ViS light transports fly to and fro, taking supplies and commuters around the world and running trips to far off Indigo city.

This city is located on the cluster of (comparitively) small islands in the middle of the three larger continents on the map above.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2006, 03:29:51 pm »
//Transmission Begins//

//Encoded: Channel 4599726101928//

//Translator Board: Active Subroutine 3992817.chk//

//Message Begins//

Greetings Wexxians. I am Chikittit, Elder Thinker of the Eodian Philosophy Craft '4 Opposed Triangles in 5-Dimensional Space'. //Nearest Translation Given. Message Returns// Our ship would greatly like to enter into orbit around Azuron. We seek to contemplate the nature and character of an artificial planet, and how it fits with the universe. Is the universe a naturalistic creation, and Azuron a misfitting anomaly? Or does the planet fit into the universe like a cog in a machine? As you can see, the planet can give us much insight on these matters. The artificial Wexxians themselves will provide a source for bountiful contemplation.

In order to gain an overview of the planet as a whole we will remain on our craft in high-altitute orbit. However, we shall send emissaries and shuttles down as is necessary.

I gladly hope to hear a response soon.

'You are not my enemy, ergo you are my friend'

Eodian Philosophical Proverb

//Message ends//

//Translator Boards Reset//

//Encoding: Neutral//

//Transmission Ends//

(Information on the Eodu can be found here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4520.0;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 03:33:05 pm by Havoc »
For information on my species, the Eodu, click here.
Machine. One. Click. here.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2006, 04:51:42 pm »
My attempts at drawing a Wexxian met with failure I'm afraid, so there isnt one in this picture.

//<20s style music plays>
"News! On the Fly. A coporation news company."

"Dateline: Thishen system. The Newly terraformed Wexxian planet Azuron is treated to its first batch of ViS colonists, the result of the visionary ViS 1.2 project.
Go get 'em boys!"

A group of ViS scouts parks their vessel and climb a nearby hill. In the distance we can see the Wexxian Indigo city to the left, and the hulk of the ViS colony vessel on the right. ViS transport ships arent designed to land so the ship was purposefully crashed into the surface of the planet. Over the years it will be dismantled and used to build the fledgling ViS colony. Hundreds of small transports are now pouring out of the ship to scout out the planet and meet the Wexxians.
It is noteworthy at the ViS 1.2 have a number of different eye colours.

I love the picture! Keep up the good work! Were you inspired by Dr. Manhattan's Mars palace in The Watchmen? I love it.
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2006, 10:29:22 pm »
//Transmission Begins//

//Encoded: Channel 4599726101928//

//Translator Board: Active Subroutine 3992817.Ch//

//Message Begins//

Greetings Wexxians. I am Chikittit, Elder Thinker of the Eodian Philosophy Craft '4 Opposed Triangles in 5-Dimensional Space'. //Nearest Translation Given. Message Returns// Our ship would greatly like to enter into orbit around Azuron. We seek to contemplate the nature and character of an artificial planet, and how it fits with the universe. Is the universe a naturalistic creation, and Azuron a misfitting anomaly? Or does the planet fit into the universe like a cog in a machine? As you can see, the planet can give us much insight on these matters. The artificial Wexxians themselves will provide a source for bountiful contemplation.

In order to gain an overview of the planet as a whole we will remain on our craft in high-altitute orbit. However, we shall send emissaries and shuttles down as is necessary.

I gladly hope to hear a response soon.

'You are not my enemy, ergo you are my friend'

Eodian Philosophical Proverb

//Message ends//

//Translator Boards Reset//

//Encoding: Neutral//

//Transmission Ends//

\\Greetings Eodians you are as all people welcome on Azuron, but we are puzzled; why do you think that the planet is artificial? the planet is as old as the solar system, we just "bootstrapped" it to life .

The Wexxians may be artificial but it is not our fault, this is how we "evolved"!

End transmision\\