Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 168021 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #405 on: March 14, 2007, 04:11:31 pm »
Good point!

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 14, 2007, 05:05:41 pm »
Unless of course they were fighting an enemy that sees in microwaves.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 14, 2007, 05:13:46 pm »
I think we are getting off track now!  :P

I'm going to post my first chapter of Axons story soon, but I need to know how to make new pages on Sporewiki for the final product! 

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2007, 05:50:26 pm »
So are the Dark Ops. That's why they are Dark. If they were the luminescient ops they would be easily seen!

well they are a branchoff from the dark hunters so they wear dark armor but they are stealth units, seconadary to a nano drone( think spec op only less stealthy, impossible to kill, and not as smart).
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 14, 2007, 06:08:41 pm »
I'm going to reveal the first chapter now!  ;)

The Axon Chronicles: Part 1. Vengeance.

A short story by Jack Zetter.

Chapter 1.

Location: The outskirts of the galaxy, just before the great void. The Neo-Wexxian ship: Enerva.

“Where are the goods?” the large tentacle headed alien shouted at the timid looking robot. “We have nothing of value, good sir” the robotic Neo-Wexxian replied.

“Do not lie to me you artificial piece of garbage! You have valuables, I want them!” the alien pointed a gun at the Wexxian. In the corner, the two sons of the Wexxian where looking scared.

“We only have a hydroponic garden where we grow the julak berries we sell at the Abil Station. And all our credits are in a bank account there!” the droid farther backed up against the eroded wall behind him, forced by the pirates gun.

“Do you know who I am?” the alien said threatening. “I am Farkal of the Huvonians, we are the mightiest in this territory, even the Inner-Rim species, doesn’t dare to cross into our hunting grounds. You will tell me what I want to know or I will kill you and your family of abominations!”

“I… I am Tagan-Enerva-58-05… I don’t know what we have that you could possibly want. But If you spare my family, I will give you what our most treasured artefact… it is not much, but we have little else. Just, don’t hurt my sons!” The Wexxian looked frightened , very frightened.

“Machines that breed. Filthy vermin, that’s what you are! Show me your treasure… Now, or you will all die!”

The farther led the Huvonian pirate through the old ship. The Enerva was an old Wexxian cruiser, but it was many years since the ship had moved an inch by its own accord. It was one of the ships that survived the great Necromicon battle in the end of the Necrid-Discord War 200 years ago. Now damaged by countless attacks, the Enerva was ruined, only a small part of it was used by the Wexxian family still residing in it.

They eventually reached the old hangar, a few wrecks where scattered among the floor and there was fungus growing in the cracks of the walls. Just by the hangar doors, there was made room for a small transport shuttle. The shuttle looked like it was defying the world by barely holding together. It was mended so many times that it was impossible to see what kind of ship it originally was.

“What a piece of junk. If you fly that thing you are braver than I thought!” the Pirate remarked, indicating the ship.

Tagan-Enerva-58-05 looked back at the pirate. “She may not look like much, but she got it where it counts. Anyway it’s over here!”

He walked over and pulled away a large piece of cloth that covered a pointy and sleek looking fighter.

“This is an Enforcer! It was the first military invention of our people, back in the golden age; it was one of the most advanced fighters in existence. It has taken five generations to piece together the parts to repair it, my sons and I have made it almost operational. It only needs a new power converter to work but the rest is fully functional, guidance systems, nano covering and everything. It is our most prized possession, but you can have it, just don’t hurt my family!”

“What!” the alien shouted. “Is that it? You expect me to fly such a sissy looking ship? I would loose all of my honour if I even touched such a ship. You have tried to shame me and so you must be punished!”

Farkal raised his gun and pointed it at the farther.

“No… We didn’t mean to…” he managed to say before being hit squarely in the chest by a beam of protons. He took a few trembling steps back and forth, before falling over; dead.

“NO!” the two younglings shouted. The youngest of them, a three year old Neo-Wexxian named Tagan-Enerva-59-2 hovered for a second, before hammering himself right into the pirate.

The pirate had not anticipated that he would be hit by a football sized metallic orb and was knocked down.

“YOU KILLED MY FARTHER…YOU KILLED MY DAD!” the tiny robot shouted, while hammering itself into the body of the Huvonian.

For a few seconds the little youngling managed to keep the pirate down. Then he focused and a powerful arm hit the robot, the little guy flew into a wall and fell down on the floor, the main visual sensor was cracked.

Farkal got up again and picked up his gun. He turned to the other youngling and shot it with another blast.

Over on the floor laid the damaged little Neo-Wexxian, he had always been called Axon by his farther. He had said that Axon meant warrior in the language of the Creators. The nickname had always been a small joke, but little Axon liked to think that he was destined to be a great warrior one day. Until this day though, Axon had never been in a fight, but as the young’s of many species, he had many wild and impossible dreams about the future. But there he was; lying on the floor, damaged and unable to move. It seamed that his dreams would be about to end.

The pirate stepped over to the little droid. He lifted it up in one hand and held it in front of his face. Through the cracked visual sensor, Axon could faintly make out the outline of his face.

Through the blurry image he heard the voice of the pirate clearly.

“You little piece of junk! I promise you that I will kill every one of your kind I ever come across!”

With what little power Axon had left, he energised his shell. The pirate screamed from the pain and dropped Axon again. The orb rolled for a while and came to rest near the Enforcer.

Farkal looked at his arms. Into them was burned a pattern, matching the plating of Axons robotic shell where it had electrified him.

“You are going to die!” he raised the gun, but lowered it again. He did not think it was a painful enough death. He took a large wrench from the floor and began systematically smashing Axons shell to pieces.

Axons programming echoed with pain as he lost contact with all of his systems, one by one. After what seamed like an eternity, he could feel no more.

Farkal did not stop until Axons central core was smashed to bits. When he finally got up he spat at the sorry remains and left the ship. Thinking that he at least had got some fun killing out of the day.

Axon was no longer in contact with any of his parts, his entire personality was scattered across the floor. With one last thought, he finally gave up.

But it was not the end! 

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2007, 12:47:42 pm »
nice!
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2007, 12:57:23 pm »
Very cool, I like the atmosphere of the story.

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
  • The Hira-Bira Cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2007, 01:29:53 pm »
//The Rad-Rad accept the Offer, Wexxians. We will provide in due time...//
Nurizeko

"What the hell is this? your TV is broken..."
<light being> "*droooool* jesus look at those tones"

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2007, 04:10:51 pm »
Thanks guys, I could keep posting one chapter at a time.

I guess that science won, but I should have put the next chapter in the vote… I will do it now, in the sub-vote.

IC:
//Thank you Rad-rad, we have a couple of custom made computers ready at your disposal! //
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:33:52 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2007, 08:51:39 am »
Things are quiet in the thread so I will bive you the next chapter:

Chapter 2.

How long time Axon lay on the floor, he did not know. But suddenly he began to regain continence. Slowly he felt his mechanisms becoming connected again, as if he was becoming whole again.

His visual sensor turned on and Axon could see that he was still lying in pieces on the floor, but then how could he feel his parts?

He focused and soon found the answer, his parts where spread among the floor but they where covered with what could look like thick cobwebs. He reached out with his sensors and found that it was the nano machines from the Enforcer fighter who had tried to repair his systems and now acted as connections between his severed parts. There was a thick string of nanobots going from the Enforcer’s hull to Axons remains.

He tried to move, but couldn’t. Despite being alive, the least movement could break the fragile nano strings.

“Ah, Necrid Sh###!”

Axon thought about what he could do. The only thing he could do to make it through this was to transfer his personality to another shell. But what shell? There was nothing he could transfer to. Unless… A wild idea struck the young AI.

If the nano robots where capable of combining his systems, then perhaps they could create systems.

He reached into the programming of the droids, with some hacking skills he disabled their programming and wrote a new one. He ordered them to interlink with each other and after a few seconds, the entire nano covering of the Enforcer had become a super computer.

Axon hesitated, if his plan would fail he could become trapped inside the nanites, but he had no other options. He could not remain like this!

The entire AI that was Axon, transferred into the nanites. It was not something any Wexxian or Neo-Wexxians had ever done before.

From Axons point of view, everything went black and he lost all input. He was alone in the darkness. Yet, he could sense all the microscopic machines that he now resided in. He could not see, not hear or feel, but he was alive!

Axon remembered his knowledge on how sensors worked, and ordered some of the nanites to regroup. Slowly he began to be able to make things out around him, as he formed some of his new body into visual, sonic and pressure detectors.

It took Axon an entire day to master his new body enough to actually move.

He created a couple of rudimentary legs that carried him over to the bodies of his farther and big brother.

“Its okay, I can still save them… still save them!” he repeated as he collapsed next to the body of his farther.

He began trying to interface the nanobots with his brother. Hoping that the nanites that had helped him, could maybe do the same for his family.

But it didn’t work: the proton beams had melted their interiors, there was nothing to save.

Axon did not give up easily; he tried again and again to save the only ones who had meant anything to him. But ultimately he had to give up.

Overcome with grief, he fell down. His entire nanites body convulsed in ripples because of the sorrow.

All Wexxians feel emotions! It is a long story why they do, but they do. They feel all emotions.

Axon could not see or sense anything but his pain. Then a picture came into his mind; of the pirate who had done it. And he was filled with anger and hate.

The anger helped him focus and he got up again and stormed out of the hangar.

Axon searched the ship, but Farkal was gone. Swearing, Axon went back to the hangar.

As he one again saw the bodies of his family, he made an oath: No mater what it would take, no mater how far he had to go, no mater who would stand in his way; He would avenge his family and destroy Farkal.

Axon left Enerva with the little transport. He was headed to the Abil station; it was the only place he knew where he might find some information on his fathers killer.

As the small ship jumped to hyperspace, Axon decided to experiment with his new shape-shifting abilities.

The Story now has a page on Soprewiki:
http://www.sporewiki.com/The_Axon_Chronicles:_Part_1._Vengeance.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2007, 10:36:11 am »
cool can't wait for the next part  ;)
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline DK_Man

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2007, 04:51:20 am »
These guys are super freaky... in a good way. Your drawlings are good. They have a great idea.

I Love Robots!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2007, 08:29:37 am »
Very nice, keep them coming.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 23, 2007, 05:20:43 pm »
Graviton won so here is a thorough explanation of it:

Graviton Technology.
Shaping the Universe.

One of the most used technologies in space faring is artificial gravity. The principle is inverting gravity in a single direction. It is a complex technology yet simple in working.

In physics, the graviton is a mass less, elementary particle that mediates the force of gravity in the framework of quantum field theory.

Most species never surpass that level of development, yet the Wexxians have thoroughly investigated the secrets of graviton technology. They discovered that gravity could, with the right instruments, be manipulated in other directions, even be manipulated from afar.

The Wexxians have never revealed the secrets of their Graviton manipulation. But the one clear fact is that the power requirements of the manipulation process is increasing exponentially depending on the amount of gravitons being manipulated and the distance to the location where the manipulation is being done.

The Targ S’etskarp, the creators of the ancestors of the Wexxians, are the first ones who it is believed to have invented Graviton-Manipulation. Their designs where later perfected by the Wexxians, as they had a greater understanding of the nature of the gravitons.

As already mentioned; the most basic use of gravitons is artificial gravity aboard star ships. The Wexxians however utilise the technology in many aspects of their works and as they progress they find more uses for it.

The Zero-Point technology, they obtained from the GU at the time when their relations where good, make it possible for the Wexxians to fulfil the ridicules absurd power requirements that the manipulation needs!

The way the Wexxians utilises this is extreme... they can, with enough power, make a black hole explode, form a gas cloud into a solar system and many other various tasks that would make even an ascended being go “That’s NOT going to happen!”

With such great powerful potential, the Graviton-Technology is one of the greatest guarded secrets of the Wexxian people. The Wexxians consider biological species to vulnerable to the corruptive powerful force of the technology. As the Wexxians know that there are endless potentials for weaponry they restrict the knowledge of it to all others.

The Graviton-Manipulation is what truly makes the Wexxians power full and their restrictions about using it as weaponry is the only true limit to their power.

I will reset the poll, if you have any questions then ask away!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 23, 2007, 05:37:16 pm »
awesome
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]