Poll

Should the Wexxians go out with a “Goodbye friends” RP, or should they just fade from focus of galactic politics.

Bye Robots… we got it covered while you guys are away! Bon Voyage. (RP)
No way… an inactive Wexxian is still better than no Wexxian at all. (No RP)

Author Topic: The Robotic Wexxians  (Read 119720 times)

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
Re: The Robotic Wexxians
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 10:54:02 am »
Maybe they are too smart to make themselves out of iron or plastic.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 11:11:20 am »
I thought that they were ball like spheres. And artificial things start degrading without viruses, too. Iron rusts, plastic crumbles, and so on. Mechanical stuff gets out worn with time and break. Human cells grow back, but robot items do not grow.

The young are all spheres when they are created, like the picture i posted before, but Beta-Omicron-953 joust desingned his rather peculiar appearance because he thougth that it looked cool (the virus in him must be winning)

here is another pic of a Young Wexxian (Iknow it is not good but i´m no artist)

On degrading;
Firstly. The Wexxians where, as said before; mining droids and this has over time given them a deep understanding of metals and alloys, this they use when they manufacture their robotic shells.
Secondly. They can always repair their boddies

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 03:19:59 pm »
Do the wexxians have like a vital part? like a brain/processor? or heart/power supply? Or is is all spread out so it could survive even in seperate parts?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 03:44:38 pm »
The drawings are good. I'm still trying to grasp the robotic concept. Do the young Wexxian's actually age or how do they grow up?

By the way.. I'm glad they like the Mallen's and the Mallen leadership would like to extend their friendship to the Wexxian's too.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 03:44:57 pm »
I dunno what you mean about not being a good artist. Those look great!
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 04:48:03 am »
For MsPaint it's very good. Don't bash yourself Jack!  :)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 06:30:43 am »
Do the wexxians have like a vital part? like a brain/processor? or heart/power supply? Or is is all spread out so it could survive even in separate parts?

Most Wexxians have a central computer core located in the center of the body protected by a strong alloy to protect against damage and radiation ,
in the event of impending danger the Wexxian may chose to transmit its software out of the shell to a hopefully safely receiver.

They also most likely have small clod-fusion generaters to power their shells plus a small battery with enough energy for a software transfer. the Wexxian starbases are fueled by anti-mater generator cores. the Wexxians are currently experimenting with Zero-point energy generaters (Advanced energy research is for them the same as writhing a delicious cooking-book)   :D

The drawings are good. I'm still trying to grasp the robotic concept. Do the young Wexxian's actually age or how do they grow up?

the Wexxians begin their life in the Young form, they spend about a month in an infantile state where they learn how to use their manovering, after the month the Young Wexxian follows their parent everywhere and learns by observing them, imitating them and improvising.

physically they do not change appearance, though they sometime paint their shells in brigth collors (not always a pretty sight). at the age of five they usually are mature and they design a addult shell. they do not start aging before they are 20.

Thanks for all the nice replies. I'm touched  :-[  :)

By the way the Wexxian are currently working on a addition to the CAB Navy  8)  shh dont tell the OTHER alliance

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 07:29:14 am »
Clod fusion eh?  ;D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 07:38:51 am »
The Wexxians proudly presents:

Wexxian/CAB Enforcer:

Manufactured:
The Wexxian experimental factory in the Thishen star system.

Type:
Fighter/ Patrol Craft.

Standard Length:
10 meters

Standard Span:
3,5 meters

Range:
5 million kilometres 

Crew:
One or more (depends on species)

Standard Mass:
1,2 metric tons

Weapons:
Two: Mark 1 Ionic Disruptors (designed to break through shields and stun electronics: Experimental) Can be refitted with other star fighter class weaponry.

Defence:
Tachyon particle shield.

Power source:
One medium sized Cold-fusion generator.

Engines:
One Main: M class Ionic Driver.
Two Secondary: LM class Ionic Drivers

Top Speed:
   In planet atmosphere: Mach 3, 5.
   In Space: 15 kilometres per second.

Description:
The Wexxians have for a long time detected a growing unrest in the sectors under the influence of CAB and the OTHER alliance. War seams to be inevitable and therefore the Wexxians have created the Enforcer in order to help the races of the CAB to survive the coming conflict.

The Enforcer was originally made for upholding the law of the CAB as a patrol craft, but resent events has forced the designers to upgrade weaponry and shields. The cockpit is detachable and can be modified to fit the desires of the species piloting the craft, it also acts as a means of escape from the power core if damage causes it to overload.

The Enforcer has recently been successfully tested in the Thishen systems second asteroid ring.

pleace post and tel me your thougths. thanks  :)

Offline Flow

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 11:28:18 am »
That craft is cool. I like it.
  Chryta

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 11:30:31 am »
That Craft is.....c'est magnifique. I love Wexxian Style, very futuristic.

///The Auyuelcliads would like to buy several Wexxian aships///
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 11:50:02 am »
That Craft is.....c'est magnifique. I love Wexxian Style, very futuristic.

///The Auyuelcliads would like to buy several Wexxian aships///

you are now of the CAB. this means that the cratfs are free for you. They are free for all CAB members
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:15:53 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 11:53:45 am »
Ooooh, lovely jubbly! I will share Auyuelcliad technology with you in return.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

werechicken

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 11:56:25 am »
as the O.T.H.E.R. alliance seems to have fallen apart the Caarnth are considering joining CAB would we be able to gain access to Wexxian dead, so we can research you incredible artificial intelligence?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 11:57:51 am »
as the O.T.H.E.R. alliance seems to have fallen apart the Caarnth are considering joining CAB would we be able to gain access to Wexxian dead, so we can research you incredible artificial intelligence?

The Halcyon Corporation demands that you do not deal with those who would seek to use this technology to destroy innocent life.